The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

38 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The fact that he thinks his natural immunity can protect him from a coronavirus is laughable. I mean that’s the stupidest and simultaneously most hilarious thing I’ve read all day, and I read Donald Trump’s latest press briefing. 

I 100% agree that younger healthier people stand the greatest possible chance of surviving.

They also stand the highest chance of holding on to potentially life long issues and side effects that we don't completely understand.

I just feel that the whole "herd immunity" statement is being suggested by people who will not put themselves at risk to put their money where their mouths are

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You’re for taking the risk of seeing your family but you want mandatory masks in schools?? 

You’re the type of person/mentality that brings the virus into schools. Socializing outside of schools is what is brining the virus into schools. 

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. 

And you are the person that can’t hold a civil debate. I don’t bring the virus anywhere. I’m sitting in my house alone and annoyed. I wore a mask at work all day because I don’t want a fine. I am for the risk of seeing my family because they are what is important to me. If I can’t see my family why the hell can kids go to school???  I want fairness across the board. Why do some have to give more than other “for the greater good”?  You spout your beliefs without a single source as if you are the holder of all facts. Take your holier than thou crap and shove it. I want to protect all people equally. I wear a mask and follow the rules. Why don’t others?  Why don’t kids have to wear masks in schools?  Try answering a question for once instead of standing on a soapbox. More than many...how many more case in schools before it matters to you?  Why is it ok for men’s hockey to be going on right now? I thought you were scared for our elders but gosh...gotta have hockey. I’m sick of one sided arguments. The rules as they sit make no sense and any rational person can see that. Keep making personal attacks and tell me what kind of person I am. I follow rules I don’t agree with for the greater good while you preach about how good you are. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

23 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

And you are the person that can’t hold a civil debate. I don’t bring the virus anywhere. I’m sitting in my house alone and annoyed. I wore a mask at work all day because I don’t want a fine. I am for the risk of seeing my family because they are what is important to me. If I can’t see my family why the hell can kids go to school???  I want fairness across the board. Why do some have to give more than other “for the greater good”?  You spout your beliefs without a single source as if you are the holder of all facts. Take your holier than thou crap and shove it. I want to protect all people equally. I wear a mask and follow the rules. Why don’t others?  Why don’t kids have to wear masks in schools?  Try answering a question for once instead of standing on a soapbox. More than many...how many more case in schools before it matters to you?  Why is it ok for men’s hockey to be going on right now? I thought you were scared for our elders but gosh...gotta have hockey. I’m sick of one sided arguments. The rules as they sit make no sense and any rational person can see that. Keep making personal attacks and tell me what kind of person I am. I follow rules I don’t agree with for the greater good while you preach about how good you are. 

Restrictions, masks etc etc are all there in an effort to keep schools open, make sure hospitals have space, and keep people as safe as possible.  They will do everything they can to not close schools again

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am more concerned with when we get our Vaccines, than any petty squabbles, that are promoted on here

That is where my focus is now..........it is not that we know when they will be ready

But why we are not first to get them, or why we do not have a company manufacturing in Canada

These are questions that are so important and far greater in their impact, than KOS complaints

The past and present Federal Governments have let us down, and now we have to wait

I totally find it funny that KOS is slamming a provincial health employee, instead of talking about the Federal Liberals and Conservatives miss-management

We should never have been placed in this position

Exactly this. We'll be waiting for weeks, months, while other countries are getting vaccinated, and Canadians will continue to get sick. Heads should roll federally for this major blunder.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Exactly this. We'll be waiting for weeks, months, while other countries are getting vaccinated, and Canadians will continue to get sick. Heads should roll federally for this major blunder.

on the flip side, we'll also.have a month or so of watching to see if there's issues.  Canada also was smart to get access to many vaccines, rather than just one of two that might be domestically produced.

I don't get the uproar about not being equipped to produce vaccine........believe it or not, we are not a major player on the international scene.  We might be a month or two behind, but we'll get it.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

Restrictions, masks etc etc are all there in an effort to keep schools open, make sure hospitals have space, and keep people as safe as possible.  They will do everything they can to not close schools again

They will do anything not to close schools. This includes spreading misinformation about the spread of disease in schools, refusing to put anything about cases in schools on the news and also blaming teachers for anything bad that happens in schools. I am all keeping hospitals from being overloaded and saving lives, but please tell me what open schools do to save lives?  How does free daycare prevent the spread of this disease?  I don’t expect a response as I haven’t had one yet. 

• Cheers 1

Schools are incredibly important for the mental health of our children, as is their education, obviously.  Schools are the hearts of their communities, they need to function in some capacity as long as they can, safely.  What I am deeply disappointed with is how they've done it.  There are better, safer ways to do it.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am more concerned with when we get our Vaccines, than any petty squabbles, that are promoted on here

That is where my focus is now..........it is not that we know when they will be ready

But why we are not first to get them, or why we do not have a company manufacturing in Canada

These are questions that are so important and far greater in their impact, than KOS complaints

The past and present Federal Governments have let us down, and now we have to wait

I totally find it funny that KOS is slamming a provincial health employee, instead of talking about the Federal Liberals and Conservatives miss-management

We should never have been placed in this position

The general public won’t get it till late Spring at the earliest, in my estimation. 

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

They will do anything not to close schools. This includes spreading misinformation about the spread of disease in schools, refusing to put anything about cases in schools on the news and also blaming teachers for anything bad that happens in schools. I am all keeping hospitals from being overloaded and saving lives, but please tell me what open schools do to save lives?  How does free daycare prevent the spread of this disease?  I don’t expect a response as I haven’t had one yet. 

You’re hyperventilating and not comprehending. Your irrationality isn’t lending to listening to the health experts, let alone those who are attempting to reiterate what the health officials are proffering.  For example, no one has suggested that keeping schools open saves lives...as if that was a thing that a rational person would say or has said. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

on the flip side, we'll also.have a month or so of watching to see if there's issues.  Canada also was smart to get access to many vaccines, rather than just one of two that might be domestically produced.

I don't get the uproar about not being equipped to produce vaccine........believe it or not, we are not a major player on the international scene.  We might be a month or two behind, but we'll get it.

Now, I only say this half jokingly, but

Have you even been to a wedding and been the last table to eat?

I can't tell how many times that has happened to me....lol

I do not want to be the last country vaccinated, only to find that the virus has mutated and its time for a new vaccine....that would psss me off! Big time!

That is kind of how I feel about that

Years of bad policies, regarding pharma.............certainly a national agency could have been born, with development facilities

They have been warning about this type of thing for 30 years

We "could" be manufacturing vaccine under a license agreement and sending who ever $1 for $1 and we would be at the front of the line

and possibility with surplus

This Pandemic response will dictate how I vote both Provincially and Federally, and whether it is delayed or early (For years to come)

And "if" the vaccine arrives on time, then the Libs will get my vote, but if delayed then the NDP.....the Conservatives started all the bad decisions years ago,

so it aint them

At least we know that the NDP will put average people first.......I am not totally there yet, but close

7 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I do not want to be the last country vaccinated, only to find that the virus has mutated and its time for a new vaccine....that would psss me off! Big time!

Years of bad policies, regarding pharma.............certainly a national agency could have been born, with development facilities

We "could" be manufacturing vaccine under a license agreement and sending who ever $1 for $1 and we would be at the front of the line

This Pandemic response will dictate how I vote both Provincially and Federally, and whether it is delayed or early (For years to come)

And "if" the vaccine arrives on time, then the Libs will get my vote, but if delayed then the NDP.....the Conservatives started all the bad decisions years ago,

so it aint them

At least we know that the NDP will put average people first.......I am not totally there yet, but close

I won't ever vote Lib

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

so it aint them

The thing is, Canada used to have vaccine production capability, decades ago. 

I haven’t looked into what happened as to why we lost that capability, but I’m betting on some kind of shenanigans. (Insert Super Trooper shenanigans gifs/quotes, if you must- - Note: I’ll reply to all of them with, “Shut up Farva”)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The thing is, Canada used to have vaccine production capability, decades ago. 

I haven’t looked into what happened as to why we lost that capability, but I’m betting on some kind of shenanigans. (Insert Super Trooper shenanigans gifs/quotes, if you must- - Note: I’ll reply to all of them with, “Shut up Farva”)

From what I read, it was when the Conservatives were in power, that Pharma left, but I am not sure if we as a country had vaccine capability, but we should. Especially, since scientists have been warning us of this day, and with SARS, and MERS, etc.........We should be growing our own response system, and that is on the Liberals too!

This should not be an issue, it should have been done, and we should have been ready. We have incredible Universities, with incredible Teachers, and students, we have such an opportunity to build this, as we always have.

And like I say, this could have all been done by License, with any world top Pharma. You do not have to build the wheel, you just have to copy it, but with permission and monitory remuneration...............

We have 37 Million people.......we could be producing it for other countries.

That is where we should have been, before this happened........too late for this one now. 

It will be interesting to see 5 years from now when hopefully this pandemic is behind us - what about our society and government has changed?  Certainly the issues we have come across have held up a mirror and what we've seen isn't pretty.  

Long term care is probably the biggest national disgrace that we as a society allowed to happen.  

Concerns about delivery of education are rampant - clearly things need to change.

In country development and production of PPE and Vaccines - we should never be at the mercy of external providers - especially when other countries can strong arm and hoard distribution and supply.  

Right wing conspiracy nutjobs - not sure that will ever wane, but it certainly seems to have been exacerbated with COVID.   Not that I like group think, I believe dissenting thought and opinion is good as it challenges all of us to look at different perspectives but complete selfishness with zero regard for how one's behaviour can negatively impact others I have no time for.  

What other things do you hope will change as an outcome of our experiences with COVID?  Are there positives that you have seen that you hope continue?  

• Vintage 1

16 hours ago, Tystick said:

What a great way to frame things for those seniors.

Sorry seniors, you're going to have to stay in isolation with no human contact, we'll treat your suicidal feelings eventually, because otherwise you're going to 100% get a violent pneumonic reaction and die.

Make sure you watch lots of CNN, never question what you are told, and DON'T work towards strengthening your immune system, that's dangerous misinformation.

Okay I think I got it guys. Makes sense.

How would you suggest these seniors, most with pre-existing comorbidiites, strengthen their immune system?

'Personal betrayal': Hinshaw responds to leak of secretly-recorded meetings that show tension over Alberta's COVID-19 pandemic response

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/politics/hinshaw-meetings-leak-covid-alberta-pandemic-response

"At the meetings, Hinshaw relayed that she disagreed with some decisions being made by the government’s emergency management cabinet committee.

According to the CBC, the recordings show Premier Jason Kenney, Health Minister Tyler Shandro and other cabinet ministers sometimes overruled the expert advice of public servants and pushed an early relaunch strategy that appeared to prioritize concerns about the risks of public health orders negatively affecting the economy."

21 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

'Personal betrayal': Hinshaw responds to leak of secretly-recorded meetings that show tension over Alberta's COVID-19 pandemic response

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/politics/hinshaw-meetings-leak-covid-alberta-pandemic-response

"At the meetings, Hinshaw relayed that she disagreed with some decisions being made by the government’s emergency management cabinet committee.

According to the CBC, the recordings show Premier Jason Kenney, Health Minister Tyler Shandro and other cabinet ministers sometimes overruled the expert advice of public servants and pushed an early relaunch strategy that appeared to prioritize concerns about the risks of public health orders negatively affecting the economy."

But BC is the anti-science province, haven’t you heard!?

Percentages and NDP and Dr. Henry and no mask mandates, oh my!

• Upvote 1