Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Citing the Provincial Health Officer of BC. Schools are NOT a major source of transmission of Covid-19. 
 

 

So just to clarify...no source of anything?  I provided a valid source of MANY cases in schools. See I can use caps too.  Your opinion is equally valid as mine but does not make it a fact. I have stats to prove a very low (0 cases in fact) of transmission in my house yet it’s closed. Please explain why so many things are closed while schools remain open?  Children are absolutely not following the protocols around cohorts, masks Or sanitizing. If we are so concerned about everyone’s health they should be closed too. Why is my health being risked over this. We have proven that children can be educated online too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tystick said:

Picture myself stuck in isolation, feeling suicidal because I can't go out or see my family or friends? Yeah it sounds miserable.

Maybe lockdowns aren't the answer? Oh sorry, I'm not allowed to question that. Never mind.

we're not in a lockdown. There are lots of ways to see people safely. 

  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stawns said:

not to mention transmitting it to people who will die horrible deaths, isolated form the people they love and who love them.  To spout garbage about herd immunity is the epitome of narcissistic behaviour

His name is Tystick.....more like Dipstick! Just another super selfish / super ignorant person posting /spewing a bunch of garbage. I don't even have the energy to argue with him...and whole comparing illnesses / viruses thing again...i can't even...

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, stawns said:

what I want to know is wtf is everyone just standing around for?  Get in there ffs

Be careful, down in the states a woman got into a scrap with Mcdonalds employees who wouldn't let her eat inside. She beat one clerk up, then went outside to get her gun, came back in and shot 3 or 4 more teenage employees.

 

People can be completely f in nuts.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

- I believe that there are people out there that have immune systems that are so strong, they will not get infected with Covid-19 and therefore can not infect other people, but I believe that they are the minority

 

- I also believe there are people out there with very strong immunity systems, that are infected, but show no symptoms (asymptomatic), who carry the disease, and can infect others as easily, as someone that shows symptoms.

 

- I also believe that there are people that are sick with the disease, that can spread the disease

 

- I also believe that eating well, and getting enough sleep, not drinking, not smoking, exercising, will not boost your immune system, but will maintain your immune system. All the aforementioned vices, will weaken your immune system..............but none of that guarantees you will not get it, it only increases your odds of not getting it

 

What we know in short is that

 

1. eating well will better protect your immune system

2. exercising will better protect your immune system

3. That a positive mind will protect your immune system

4. Stress will weaken your immune system

5. breathing or ingesting deleterious. substances will weaken your immune system

6. being injected with deleterious substances can weaken your immune system or strengthen it through science

7. We know that Covid at less than a certain parts per million are easier for the immune system to fight and win

8. We know that Covid at greater than a certain parts per million are harder for your immune stem to fight and win

9. we know that distance improves the ability to avoid contamination

10. we know that disinfecting areas/items will reduce the chances of infection

11. we know that washing your hands will reduce the chances of infection

12. We know that proper masking will reduce your chances of infection

13. we know avoidance will eliminate the chance of being infected

14. We know lockdowns will control the ability of the germ to spread

15. We know that our best odds of defeating the disease are to not leave things to chance

16. we know that people that study an issue through science are better prepared than those that don't

 

We know these things, because God, your parents, society and common sense says to apply what you have learned, to best survive.

 

We also know, that you are better off in a society, than not......so protect the society, there by protecting yourself

 

I am sure there are more things to add.........

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Also where are we at with asymptomatic people being able to spread the virus? First it was they could spread it then it was less likely.

 

Would they even be testing kids who are asymptomatic? 

they did a test of this in Halifax last week where over 600 people with no symptoms volunteered to be tested - came up with 1 person. So at least in that city it appears to be a low number but they also did a great job isolating the maritimes.

 

I would definitely volunteer for something like that here if it comes up. 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gurn said:

Be careful, down in the states a woman got into a scrap with Mcdonalds employees who wouldn't let her eat inside. She beat one clerk up, then went outside to get her gun, came back in and shot 3 or 4 more teenage employees.

 

People can be completely f in nuts.

I don't care, I'm not standing around watching some manic lay a beat down on an innocent employee.  He's getting my size 12's upside his head

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't care, I'm not standing around watching some manic lay a beat down on an innocent employee.  He's getting my size 12's upside his head

and then your family gets to visit you behind bars, or you pay the creep for the rest of your life. You have to be really careful with this sort of thing. Pull him off, sure, but a kick to the head likely does you more harm. 

 

Come to think of it, just go to the aisle with the dog spray and get him with that. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

and then your family gets to visit you behind bars, or you pay the creep for the rest of your life. You have to be really careful with this sort of thing. Pull him off, sure, but a kick to the head likely does you more harm. 

 

Come to think of it, just go to the aisle with the dog spray and get him with that. 

The juice would be worth the squeeze on that one, imo.  My daughter would never look at me the same if I stood by and watch it happen

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stawns said:

The juice would be worth the squeeze on that one, imo.  My daughter would never look at me the same if I stood by and watch it happen

maybe start by dumping juice on the guys head first before the nuclear option, its a Wal Mart :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

B.C. reports record 887 new COVID-19 cases, another 13 deaths

Quote

Of the new cases, the majority were in the Fraser Health region (612) and Vancouver Coastal Health region (168).

Another 18 were in the Island Health region, 65 in the Interior Health region and 24 in the Northern Health region.

The number of patients in hospital remained unchanged Thursday at 294, while the number in critical or intensive care grew by three to 64.

Active cases increased again to 7,899. The number of people isolating due to exposure also climbed to 10,307.

About 67 per cent of B.C’s total 29,973 cases have recovered.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

The issue is what they can/cannot do in relation to those teachers who don't want to wear masks

Deb, I have worked at 4 private schools and about 9 public schools. The private schools had much more control of their staff than the public schools. Most have only 1 year terms, and you have to redo your employment and pay at the end of each year. One had you sign in with a time and sign out with a time every day. They usually insisted with mandatory staff at grad ceremonies with you wearing your cape from University graduation (they supplied) depending on your faculty. Saturday duty, Sunday duty, compulsory extra-curricular, and so on. So, why can they not say you MUST wear a MASK?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amebushi said:

So just to clarify...no source of anything?  I provided a valid source of MANY cases in schools. See I can use caps too.  Your opinion is equally valid as mine but does not make it a fact. I have stats to prove a very low (0 cases in fact) of transmission in my house yet it’s closed. Please explain why so many things are closed while schools remain open?  Children are absolutely not following the protocols around cohorts, masks Or sanitizing. If we are so concerned about everyone’s health they should be closed too. Why is my health being risked over this. We have proven that children can be educated online too. 

Many is not most or major sources of transmission. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Deb, I have worked at 4 private schools and about 9 public schools. The private schools had much more control of their staff than the public schools. Most have only 1 year terms, and you have to redo your employment and pay at the end of each year. One had you sign in with a time and sign out with a time every day. They usually insisted with mandatory staff at grad ceremonies with you wearing your cape from University graduation (they supplied) depending on your faculty. Saturday duty, Sunday duty, compulsory extra-curricular, and so on. So, why can they not say you MUST wear a MASK?

Good question.  I wish they would. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, stawns said:

The juice would be worth the squeeze on that one, imo.  My daughter would never look at me the same if I stood by and watch it happen

 

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

image.jpeg.71acf2a8c871d1f08dd41109b36a9be3.jpeg

Maybe just one little Superman punch?

  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...