The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

738 cases today

And apparently they've "corrected" yesterday's numbers:

British Columbia reported 738 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday and 13 new deaths.

It brings the province’s death toll to 371.

Officials also revised daily case totals from Nov. 16 to Nov. 24, owing to data reporting errors in the Fraser Health region.

The correction saw total case numbers increase on several days, but also saw Tuesday’s record-breaking 941 new cases revised down to 706. Full corrections will be available on the BC Centre for Disease Control’s COVID-19 dashboard in the coming days.

Based on the corrected numbers, we might actually be seeing some small improvements from a few days ago.  Would be nice to see that trend continue.  The numbers originally released yesterday were so disheartening.  

I'm so sick of seeing the video clips of people abusing employees of various establishments over having to wear a mask...why I didn't want to see a mandatory mask regulation imposed.  It brings out the worst in people and puts staff on the firing line for being abused, spit on, sworn at and no one should have to be subjected to that.  People can be so disgusting towards others.  

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1
1 minute ago, skategal said:

Based on the corrected numbers, we might actually be seeing some small improvements from a few days ago.  Would be nice to see that trend continue.  The numbers originally released yesterday were so disheartening.  

I'm so sick of seeing the video clips of people abusing employees of various establishments over having to wear a mask...why I didn't want to see a mandatory mask regulation imposed.  It brings out the worst in people and puts staff on the firing line for being abused, spit on, sworn at and no one should have to be subjected to that.  People can be so disgusting towards others.  

I went to Carl's Jr up here the other day (actually went in because there were not a lot of people inside anyway), and I ended up a witness of someone refusing to wear a mask. I also have a friend who works with the public and keeps hearing people complain about having to wear a mask in Walmart.

I just don't understand how a simple concept can be so hard to understand for some people. This is a time where, yes, you should be in your own little world to avoid others but, at the same time, not be in your own little world and have your eyes open. lol

• Hydration 1
16 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I went to Carl's Jr up here the other day (actually went in because there were not a lot of people inside anyway), and I ended up a witness of someone refusing to wear a mask. I also have a friend who works with the public and keeps hearing people complain about having to wear a mask in Walmart.

I just don't understand how a simple concept can be so hard to understand for some people. This is a time where, yes, you should be in your own little world to avoid others but, at the same time, not be in your own little world and have your eyes open. lol

I will never understand the mindset of "me" vs "we".  We have a responsibility to help others, and right now we can easily do that by wearing masks, staying home as much as possible and social distancing.  None of those things are hard to do.  Although tbh I'm struggling a bit with the staying home piece as I'm also trying to support local business.  I have never bought anything on Amazon and never will.  

• Hydration 1

The city of Phoenix is playing host to a soccer tournament over the weekend, which will include 500 teams and 800 kids....what could possibly go wrong? :picard:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/25/us/desert-super-cup-phoenix-trnd/index.html

A soccer tournament featuring hundreds of players is a go in Phoenix -- in spite of Covid-19 restrictions and the mayor's disapproval.

The Desert Super Cup is an annual youth soccer tournament taking place over Thanksgiving weekend. The games are being played as Covid-19 cases are on the rise in Phoenix.
This year's tournament is set to feature 460 out-of-state teams and 40 in-state teams.
"Absolutely fantastic news," said Phoenix City Council member Sal DiCiccio in a tweet. "The 800 kid soccer tournament will still be held in Phoenix this coming weekend. They are coming here because they had been banned everywhere else and we have amazing facilities. We welcome you and your families to our great city!"
Games are also being played Scottsdale and Mesa. The total number of players in the tournament could not be confirmed.

Technically, Arizona has banned public events with more than 50 people, but the state left some wiggle room, allowing local officials to bypass the law if they approve the event. The Phoenix City Council has the ability to call the tournament off, but has not done so -- though Mayor Kate Gallego has voiced her disapproval of the event.
"I am gravely concerned about COVID-19 in our community," Gallego said in a statement. "With infections now at the second highest daily number ever, it is clear the status quo is not working. We all need to be aware that the public health situation has changed dramatically in the last few weeks."

They should change the name to The Desert Super Spreader Cup....<_<
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2
41 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'm just gonna outright say it.

If I see someone abusing an employee over mask usage....i'll give them a medical reason they can't wear one.

tired of it

Interestingly enough...I'm massive. I'm on your side. When I walk in the dust usually settles. 

I can't wait to drop hammers.

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1

LifeLabs has announced a new antibody test for consumers. It costs $75. File / Global News

For British Columbians who have been feeling under the weather over the last few months but were never tested for COVID-19, there’s now a way to find out if they’ve had the novel coronavirus.

LifeLabs is offering an antibody, or serology, test for $75.

It cannot be used to diagnose current cases, but it is helpful for people who are simply curious to learn if they’ve previously had the virus.

It could also be for people who may be suffering from long-term side effects but weren’t diagnosed and aren’t sure, family physician Dr. Pete Henley noted.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7484886/new-lifelabs-antibody-test-bc/

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Interestingly enough...I'm massive. I'm on your side. When I walk in the dust usually settles. 

I'm usually rather quiet and diplomatic,  prefer to use words over physicality, but I agree....if I were in a store where this was happening I don't think I'd be able to be diplomatic.  Enough of the BS.  Some people need to learn the hard way.

• Hydration 2
16 minutes ago, LesPaul81 said:

I'm usually rather quiet and diplomatic,  prefer to use words over physicality, but I agree....if I were in a store where this was happening I don't think I'd be able to be diplomatic.  Enough of the BS.  Some people need to learn the hard way.

Oh yea I never have to get mad but I hate the way people are treating people these days. Being intimidating sure helps. 

Edited by Chris12345
  • Hydration 1
2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I'm just gonna outright say it.

If I see someone abusing an employee over mask usage....i'll give them a medical reason they can't wear one.

tired of it

2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Fellas, violence is not the answer. Remember, the instigator penalty always goes to the player who reacted. 

Besides, you can’t punch smart into stupid. 

• Hydration 2
15 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Fellas, violence is not the answer. Remember, the instigator penalty always goes to the player who reacted. 

Besides, you can’t punch smart into stupid. 

Absolutely, and that's my motto.  BUT I have a hard stop at spitting.  That's just not ok.  

I know it's impossible for enforcement everywhere but I can't picture a store with like minded mask wearing decent people standing by as some person is berating or verbally/physically abusing a person because they were asked to wear a mask.  

Free Spiritus   @freespiritus · 14h

Let’s create a list of questions that the media should ask Dr. Henry —but won’t.

1. Do you think the virus is aerosolized?

2. Is BC using schools for herd immunity?

3. What peer reviewed science justifies not having a mask mandate in #bced? Feel free to add.

• SNuck locked and unlocked this topic
  • SNuck featured and pinned this topic
  • SNuck unfeatured this topic