The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

Dr. B. - never too late for you.  People that refuse to change their minds..... well we know how that goes....

An independent group of scientists has called for “urgent action” to make schools more Covid-secure, after it was revealed that infection rates among secondary pupils have soared 50-fold since classrooms reopened in September.

Teenagers aged 11-16 are now the age group with the highest levels of infection in England, and one in ten are reported to be off school either because of confirmed or suspected coronavirus or because they have been in contact with a potentially contagious person.

While many teens show no symptoms from Covid-19, the Independent Sage group warned that they risk bringing the virus home to parents and grandparents, who are more vulnerable to developing serious health problems

Professor Stephen Reicher of the University of St Andrews, of Independent Sage, said: “In the summer, the government effectively abandoned schools, requiring them to be safe but without providing the support or the resources to make this possible.

“As a result, far too many of our children are left in crowded, badly ventilated classrooms; infections have increased 50-fold since September; one in five students are off school; and all this is now putting the whole community at risk.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/independent-sage-coronavirus-infection-schools-b1762906.html

• Hydration 2
19 hours ago, Warhippy said:

It's actually sad as hell mate.

Like, I get the not wanting to wear a mask.  I hate it.  

But every single day, new videos of people full on assaulting or spitting on employees of businesses for literally just saying sorry, you must wear a mask.

Whether a person is pro or anti mask...if you're going to abuse the people literally at the end of their ropes, underemployed and underpaid for putting up with everything through Covid we're gonna have a problem whether I'm capable of it or not.

People suck

Exactly.

I don't think the person in Walmart is the root cause of these issues. 

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Teenagers aged 11-16 are now the age group with the highest levels of infection in England, and one in ten are reported to be off school either because of confirmed or suspected coronavirus or because they have been in contact with a potentially contagious person.

Yup, that's how my cousin got it, from his kid....from her school.

• Hydration 1
8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

WTH!?   So Justin's statement was that "we can expect to have half of us vaccinated by next September"??!!!

Sigh

More important is getting the most vulnerable vaccinated.

If that can happen by early 2021 I think that will be a huge success.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

all things considered thats not too bad. We gave up our own production in the 80s like fools. 

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

More important is getting the most vulnerable vaccinated.

If that can happen by early 2021 I think that will be a huge success.

I wonder when will things start to go back to 'normal'? 2022 Spring/Summer?

I am an emergency and critical care physician. I had COVID-19 infection twice and I’m tired. (kevinmd.com)

Starting to see medical people who are clearly fed up with the COVID deniers and Anti Maskers (sad they have to deal with it at all) trying to educate and create awareness.  My heart breaks for how challenging their jobs are right now.  

Nurse in Calgary posted a FB post that received widespread coverage as well.  If it helps change anyone's mind about how serious the situation is then it's time well spent.  

• Hydration 1
  • SNuck locked and unlocked this topic
  • SNuck featured and pinned this topic
  • SNuck unfeatured this topic