The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

13 minutes ago, Templeton Peck said:

ETCIzMTXQAIzd2w.jpg

Since the NHL season has been suspended I think 95% of my posts on here have been about toilet paper.

Now these are decisions I fully endorse. It’s all about the necessities in life. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, nux4lyfe said:

Pffffffffffffffff...

Morning - 1 big phat doobie, followed by a cold beer in the shower.

Lunch - 6-pack of beer...followed by another doobie.

Dinner - Whiskey, Scotch or Vodka.

Night cap - 2 shots of Tequila.

Virus don't kill me, I kill virus.

In Canada. Virus don't kill you. Booze kill virus. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, PCBABY said:

PEOPLE! This is new information. STOP washing your hands! That's what is spreading the virus. Breaking news, it just gets in the pipes and makes the spread worse. Science says even rinsing your hands is bad. Stay safe out there. We're all in this together.

Hush, this is a stupid post.

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Petey40 said:

What’s your guys favourite non perishable food?

For those who may be struggling with food costs my go to cheap and filling, but not that great for you meal in a pinch is Kraft Dinner (or generic pasta brand) with a can or two of tuna (depending how many boxes of pasta you make, suit to taste). Adds protein and not as expensive as other meats. $1.50-$2.00 a can of tuna, $1.50-$2.00 package of pasta and you’ve got yourself a meal.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

For whatever reason, superstore in Vernon is selling loaves of bread for 2.50. And not the cheap wonder garbage. Gas is at 1.16. Did not expect this. 

Oil price war between Russia and Saudi Arabia for market share (also hurts US shale producers) by flooding the market when demand is dropping daily means cheaper gas for us. Might even go lower.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Except they have a much higher case:death ratio. They have 10x the cases but over 40x the amount of deaths

We all know who has the better healthcare system :gocan:

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Worst job I ever had was in my early 20's. I worked in a factory that manufactured picture plaques. For 2 hours every day I was in a room kept at 33 degrees in a hazmat suit applying epoxy resin. When you removed your gloves you could literally pour sweat out of them.

It wasn't until I quit that they told me that the acetone we used to clean up may cause bone cancer. Thanks guys.

Same sort of situation but in the summer dealing with asbestos removal. Some guys only wore masks half the time. Boss new he probably had like 5-10 years left. 

Probably not in as much of a enclosed environment as you however.

Pretty disgusting job though. One house we did had deer $&!# everywhere and a bunch of dead mice skeletons in the oven. One time we had to remove tile and a sharp af piece was sticking out from the bag. Tore through my suit and leg, right where the calf and thigh on beside the knee meet so it kept opening constantly, leaving me with a nasty scar.

Glad not to be working there anymore.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I would guess if you have kids U18 you'll be seeing some sort of cheque soon. Not sure on the rest of it, or how much he can really promise tbh. Can't pay everyone's rent. 

That's the thing, sounds great saying it but how do you determine who would get money for their rent? Everyone that gets laid off or told to stay home? Like geeze it was such a broad statement that had absolutely zero info to back it up. I would really like to see a bit of a plan stated first rather then just saying "we will find a way to pay peoples rent so they don't have to worry" 

2 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Had my anual n95 fit test done yesterday. The instructor said that there was a robbery of masks in the lower mainland. They cost to health authorities $2 per mask. Now being sold on the street for $80....

46 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

For those who may be struggling with food costs my go to cheap and filling, but not that great for you meal in a pinch is Kraft Dinner (or generic pasta brand) with a can or two of tuna (depending how many boxes of pasta you make, suit to taste). Adds protein and not as expensive as other meats. $1.50-$2.00 a can of tuna, $1.50-$2.00 package of pasta and you’ve got yourself a meal.

Bacon is also a reasonably priced, well-freezing option.

6 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Not sure if this is a new feature, but Skip The Dishes now has a “contactless delivery” option. Smart of them in any case.

It is indeed. They are sending out this email to customers:

The health and safety of our customers, restaurant partners, and couriers is of the utmost priority. With the ongoing news of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada, SkipTheDishes is taking additional precautions across our network in addition to the recommendations and guidelines set out by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Government of Canada.

Sealed Takeout Bags
We have encouraged our restaurant partners to seal all takeout bags. This limits added exposure and the potential for unnecessary contact.

Suspending Cash Orders
We will be suspending the cash payment option for all orders. Contactless payment options allow all users to reduce contact with surfaces known to aid in the spread of COVID-19.

Contactless Delivery
You can request Contactless Delivery by leaving a note after selecting “Deliver To My Door” at checkout. Make sure you use the live order tracker and collect your food when it’s marked as “Delivered.”

In the next week, we’ll release a new feature to make Contactless Delivery as seamless as possible.

Our Role In The Community
We take an active role in the communities we operate in — that’s why we will support local public health authorities in their response to confirmed cases and exposure risks of COVID-19. We will continue to provide updates on issues that may potentially affect the health and safety of our network in a timely manner.

These are only the initial steps in our mandate to support the health and safety of our communities during these cautionary times. We are committed to being proactive while we navigate the evolution of COVID-19, and to providing a food delivery experience our users can be confident in.

For the latest recommendations and guidelines, please visit the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Government of Canada.

Thank you,
The SkipTheDishes Team

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I know that it has been posted already, but Manny Ranga and Violeta Perez are two of the biggest pieces of $&!# in Vancouver:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-couple-resells-100k-of-cleaning-products-purchased-at-costco-amid-covid-19-pandemic-1.4852363

I humorously came up with the idea of starting a company that disinfects peoples houses that were plagued by the virus. Go in full hazmat suit and everything.

People would probably start picking up what I would be selling.