The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

The Government is not looking to give the kind of approval that the UK did (temporary with limited roll quantity) but for a more general roll out.

Health Canada could be in a position to approve Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine within 10 days, said the senior medical adviser in the agency's health products and food branch.

Health Canada is currently reviewing four vaccines, from Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Jannsen. The federal and provincial governments are working on the logistics of rolling out vaccines once approval is granted.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-dec-3-2020-1.5825717/canada-could-approve-covid-19-vaccine-in-week-to-10-days-says-health-canada-senior-adviser-1.5826508

Canada could approve COVID-19 vaccine in 'week to 10 days,' says Health Canada senior adviser

Health Canada still receiving info from Pfizer but review 'progressing really well'

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Pfizer cut vaccine rollout target due to supply chain problems - report

Thu 3 Dec 2020 20:42:29 GMT

WSJ report

Pfizer expects to ship half the doses it had originally planned after finding raw materials in early production didn't meet its standards, according to people cited by the WSJ.

The company had hoped to roll out 100m doses this year but that's been reduced to 50m.

Pfizer still plans to deliver more than 1b doses next year.

"Some early batches of the raw materials failed to meet the standards. We fixed it, but ran out of time to meet this year's projected shipments."

Why would covid be spreading so quickly now in other parts of BC.... ?

Can they move rural populations into schools... as covid can not spread in a school.  Could be a could strategy...

In the past three weeks COVID-19 cases have stayed steady in Vancouver Coastal Health and doubled in Fraser Health areas — but they've gone up by nearly 500 per cent in the rest of B.C.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-bc-beyond-hope-numbers-1.5824571

Edited by kingofsurrey

28 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

didn't like his policies, but he always seemed like a decent person to me. Did make his fair share of mistakes tho. 

Yeah, he at least wasn't terrible as a president; however, perhaps Trump has lowered that bar a little too much in recent years.

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Can they move rural populations into schools... as covid can not spread in a school.  Could be a could strategy...

In the past three weeks COVID-19 cases have stayed steady in Vancouver Coastal Health and doubled in Fraser Health areas — but they've gone up by nearly 500 per cent in the rest of B.C.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-bc-beyond-hope-numbers-1.5824571

or maybe old timer hockey teams need to stay the hell out of Alberta? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I think it's more a rural mentality of people thinking other people are "sissys" for wearing a mask and crap like that. Plus there hasn't been a lot of cases up until now, at least up here. People let their guard down a little too much.

Nothing to do with schools. I know why you decided to talk about schools. We could be talking about the most unrelated thing and you'd still cling it to schools at this point. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 4

8 hours ago, stawns said:

Honestly so many of them are so racist that Obama taking it would likely backfire and cause them to dig in deeper.

Ultimately, when they're denied entry to their work, to restaurants, to theatres, sporting events, other countries etc etc, they'll have no choice.

They should let Obama inoculate them all, just for s&g

I would find it very hard for work and restaurants to do it.  Sports/theatres/flying I can see it though. 

But yea Obama getting it won't change anyones mind I don't think.  The people on the fence will wait to see any short term side effects first, and then you'll have your people who are already getting it and those who are hell bent on not.  I don't know how you can force a vaccine when no vaccine has never been forced before.  We have friends who wont vaccinate their kid at all, none of the baby/kids ones either which I find insane but all the power to them, so if they didn't have to vaccinate their kid with all those other ones how do you go to them and say they all have to get vaccinated with this one?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

I've taken to walking through schools as often as possible. The inoculation resulting from that magical environment is almost like the fountain of youth.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Russ said:

I would find it very hard for work and restaurants to do it.  Sports/theatres/flying I can see it though. 

But yea Obama getting it won't change anyones mind I don't think.  The people on the fence will wait to see any short term side effects first, and then you'll have your people who are already getting it and those who are hell bent on not.  I don't know how you can force a vaccine when no vaccine has never been forced before.  We have friends who wont vaccinate their kid at all, none of the baby/kids ones either which I find insane but all the power to them, so if they didn't have to vaccinate their kid with all those other ones how do you go to them and say they all have to get vaccinated with this one?

This...right here. I am being told to put my faith in things like the government and Pfizer?  Wackos have been refusing to vaccinate for things like polio amd measles for years. Where was the massive outcry there, how about the fines and demands for further restrictions?  I know I’ll just get roasted again, but I will not be getting this vaccine in the immediate future. To those who do, I thank you. I will trust my immune system in the short term as it has been a hell of a lot more reliable to me than the government or massive drug companies for keeping up its side of a deal. Everyone can feel however they want, and I agree with Russ. His friends are insane. If people think I am because I want to see how this goes before assuming that there are not more side effects/long term implications/interaction with drugs im already on then you have that right. I’ve been called a murderer. I’ve been told my brain is melting, that I have no empathy for anyone and lost a few friends already but I’m still not doing it right away. Some will take it ASAP, many will wait a bit but in the end I’m pretty sure most will do it once it’s been around a bit. Putting a gun to my head (and many others) to force your ideas is not the great idea that some seem to think it is. Let us come to our own choices as making demands is just going to turn more relatively level headed people into conspiracy theorists. 

• Huggy Bear 1

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I've taken to walking through schools as often as possible. The inoculation resulting from that magical environment is almost like the fountain of youth.

Yes, of course.

I am thinking of capturing school air from a Surrey portable classroom.  Selling it online as a DR B miracle covid prevention substance......  50.00 for a small container the size of a small water bottle.  

• Haha 2

Health is provincial jurisdiction so any mandatory Vax will be decided by individual provinces..

I can envision a electronic vax passport or ap on your phone.  You need to show your E vax passport to enter a restaurant, store or Canucks game etc...

No passport = no entry. 

So the vax will be optional........  but useful to most people. 

DR B will probably go on the record for not requiring the Vax passport in BC schools.... since she thinks covid dies when it enters a school..........  

Just like kids can't transmit cold. / flu either right ???

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1