The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

As a whole country? No.  But if vaccines are issued to the elderly and those that need it most first, 2021 will look a lot brighter than 2020.

Agreed.  By prioritizing groups to get the vaccine first, the initial doses Canada receives in the first quarter next year will address a large number of the elderly and high risk people.  So deaths and hospitalizations will decline pretty significantly soon.  Even if new cases continue to stay high through winter.  Hopefully by June, daily covid deaths should be single digits for Canada.  

3 hours ago, Lazurus said:

Starting to get tired of Dr. Bonnie Henry's message.

These numbers that they offer up apparently are not vetted first. Week after week numbers are added days after calculations, I don't know if it is to keep from panicking the public and preventing hoarding or some other agenda to allow the virus into the public while managing the hospitals.

Contrary information that they almost seem to miss, the media too, like the gargle test for kids in school, BC trots this out as a method of testing kids to clear them going to school, then other media states this test is not cleared by Health Canada because it is unreliable , but nothing about this test is mentioned in the same breath as schools now.

So Dr. Henry says the gargle test is okay for kids but not for seniors because it is not reliable

It appears that BC is doing 50 to 60% fewer people for tests, she says they do 12,000 tests per day, but some of those are the same people every day and positive tested get done 3 times, so the reality is they are not really performing that many tests.

That said if the number of positives is accurate and they are not testing that many people, the infection rate is much much higher, maybe as much a 5 times higher.

Personally I had someone cough close to my face on March 23, 10:30 AM in Burnaby Costco, I felt a little off the morning of March 29, by 1:00PM I dropped to the floor, short breaths and it hurt, coughing up a little blood, dizzy, no taste but my fever was only 100 F. Now I don't know what I had, I thought maybe severe strep throat, anyway for the first time in my life I phoned an ambulance, I had to phone twice because they didn't want to come until I got worse, that took about two hours.

They refused to test me, REFUSED because I didn't know someone that had Covid or was an International traveler. And refused to take me to the hospital because my fever was not high enough. They did say to call them when I couldn't breathe anymore,?????

I am losing faith in what they are saying.

First it isn't airborne, it is aerosolized (airborne) tiny droplets, so you don;t need masks, now it is airborne and masks are a first line defence.

ANY IDIOT should know.aerosols are droplets in the air, just drive by a sanitation treatment plant, that smell is droplets in the air.

Wash your hands, the virus lives on cardboard, plastic, metal, wood for days but not clothing or food, really? Where is the advice to wash your clothes after going out? Or make sure you wipe down your groceries at the least? 

And now the vaccine. Trudeau says 10 mil by September starting in January. The estimate or hope is the vaccine provides immunity for 6 months.

I am sorry but isn't it 9 months between January and September? Does that make it possible that those first three months would be ineffective come September?

Simple math here 10 million tests divided by 9 months = 1.111 per month. So 3 months could equal 3.3 million people becoming susceptible to the virus again with an additional 1.12 million every month.

If the goal is Herd immunity then 70% of the population need to be vaccinated within 4 months or around 8 virus life spans to be on the safe side.

Another interesting item astro surfed now, possible DNA damage which could reduce lifespans by up to 15% and that is why the elderly are hit so hard, it is hitting particular DNA strands and in old folk those strands have "worn" down, think of it like a ruler, kids are at 1 inch or 1 cm, 80 yrs plus are at 11 3/4 inches or 9.5 cm, near the end, kids just have more to give up without immediate catastrophic effects, just a shortened life span.

I did read something about those rare people that have an active Methuselah gene not affected and even being improved, about 0.005% of the population

It is very disheartening when you realize how we all in BC have been misled by our own government.    

I wonder why we don't  relocate seniors from care facilities and house them in BC schools since covid can not be spread in a school.  Such an easy solution. 

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

All adult sports, indoor and outdoor, banned.

Including that beer league hockey (KOS).

About time.

Is there a link to that? I've heard it's only indoor and outdoor isn't affected. Need to know if I'm playing soccer this weekend 

Never mind I see Keith's tweet now 

And then government website of the press conference says indoor and not outdoor. Ffs. 

All indoor adult team sport is also prohibited. This includes basketball, cheerleading, combat sports, martial arts, floor hockey, floor ringette, ice hockey, ringette, netball, skating, soccer, squash and volleyball.

Edited by Russ

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

All adult sports, indoor and outdoor, banned.

Including that beer league hockey (KOS).

About time.

4 months to late.  Better late than never.  Playing sports indoors with an airborn highly contagious virus never really made a lot of sense...

Having kids in school classrooms all day with no social distancing... no mandatory masks... no PPE for adults... and  often  no windows that open - makes no sense as well.

BC is the no sense / no science province i guess.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

4 months to late.  Better late than never.  Playing sports indoors with an airborn highly contagious virus never really made a lot of sense...

Having kids in school classrooms all day with no social distancing... no mandatory masks... no PPE for adults... and  often  no windows that open - makes no sense as well.

BC is the no sense / no science province i guess.....

You’re the best. :lol:

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Amebushi said:

No problem from me, I don’t work at the health authority and don’t mind restrictions such as the ones you have listed. I’m hoping they don’t limit things like concerts and travel (as they have not required any of the currently existing vaccines before...polio doesn’t sound a lot better than covid) but if they do I’m willing to accept that until I feel comfortable taking it. I think a lot of people complaining about their rights haven’t considered the rights of others. For example I absolutely have every right to not wear a mask...I just can’t shop anywhere as the stores have a right to refuse service to anyone not wearing a mask. I will always believe in my right to choose what goes into my body and what doesn’t but your correct that every choice come with consequences 

Private companies will likely have to right to terminate your employment if you refuse it.  Private stores have the right to deny you service and many likely will.  Countries also likely won't allow you in.

42 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He’s just anti-everything. 

Yah, i am anti government policy that puts my daughters life at risk since she works in a school with no PPE in Surrey.....

Yah that makes me a bad person hoping that my daughter is safe and is treated respectfully by our BC government.

Having school staff with no PPE rights.... that all other BC workers get is disturbing.. Tells you all about BC work safe in our province. 

Meanwhile  BC gov fluffers here.... just constantly try to downplay the risks of covid.....     So many people here  were anti mask in late spring / early summer... See how they change their tune now.  At least i have been consistent in that i expect effective  leadership from my government. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 1

• -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic
  • -SN- unpinned this topic