The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Quinn Skates said:

Something is definitely up.

They're inflating the covid numbers so it looks worse than it actually is.

It has always been the case but people don't believe it.

That data right there is a very clear proof.

How can that be explained otherwise?

Source? 

3B31591C-8F64-4AB1-A1A3-2F74CDD43857.jpeg

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Quinn Skates said:

Is that how democracy and a civilized society works?

People forget that this stopped being a democracy, as we typically know it, when we declared a Provincial State of Emergency. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, wloutet said:

About vaccines. I was adopted at a year and a half. When I was about 46 I found my birth parents names. They never married each other me being a "love child", but did marry others, Mother had 9 other children, Dad had 4 other children. I have met about 8 of these 13 children. Mother had a father who did no believe in vaccinations, so would not let his children get the polio vaccination. One died at about 14, another became a quadriplegic. I was luck enough to meet her about 3 months before she died in her 50's. She ran everything from a puffer on her chair. Answered the phone, turned on the TV, opened doors, etc. She was printing out her mom's poetry and song lyrics by puffing into an old Apple IIe in Morse code. then she printed it out from there. She did art work by painting with her mouth. She died in her 50's her bast**d father lived to 90.

sorry to hear that, but it does show the fire some of these "narrative" ass hats are playing with. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, skategal said:

Just listening to comments from the new Conservative federal leader I realize how difficult it would be to get anything meaningful done in government if there weren't measures that could be used in emergency.  Look at what is happening in the US with the latest proposed relief bill.  

we're so fortunate we're not being government by someone like Jason Kenney or O'Toole nationally. Kenney puts out a statement that no Albertan will be "forced" to take the vaccine :picard: just pathetic tin foil hat pandering. 

I've gained some respect for Doug Ford, he's not playing games to placate the weird alt-right portion of his base. Good for him. 

• Like 2
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

CDC reports new record cases

Fri 4 Dec 2020 18:39:14 GMT

CDC Covid statistics for the US

The CDC is reporting  new record cases in the US. The tests are also near all-time record highs:
  • Total cases 219,187 vs. 196,227 yesterday
  • Deaths equal 2861 vs. 2762 yesterday

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

@debluvscanucks do we really need to see this? people like this should be banned. 

knock off this crap please. What is it these days with conspiracy nuts coming out of the woodwork? 

If you ban those people, they'll find another place to post, likely an echo chamber on facebook, twitter, etc. and those groups end up believing those ideas even more.

Debate/debunk the ideas, and you have a chance to change their mind.

I.e. if you can convince even 1 anti-masker to wear one, that's progress.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1