The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

22 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It goes a long way to show how misguided these people are. Surely God or whomever they pray to that makes them feel more important than other people doesn't require them to go to church and kill other people in the process.

What's the phrase? "There's no atheists in foxholes." :lol:

• Vintage 2

23 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

My wife doesn't want me to get a test, she wants me in the delivery room with her.

She has to get a covid test next week anyway, prior to delivery. If I am sick I will be responsible but I am fine and healthy as a horse so why get tested?

The fear machine media has many of you  brainwashed 

Have you ever heard of modus ponens. it basically says A + B = C. You are dumber than an Ox in this respect. You can not show symptoms and pass it to your wife and kill your yet unborn baby. Holy Jesus Christ are you ever self involved. To the point you would put your child at risk because you're too lazy to get tested, and too afraid to have be an adult and make a sacrifice for your family. Like really your wife might want you there but it's not more important than ensuring everyones safety.

Are you with the mob?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

If the science says wearing masks makes sense then I support it. Governments are not enforcing things universally. The S.E.Asian communities are street protesting about conditions in India across Canada. Little apparent pushback from authorities. Yet churches that want to have services with masks and distancing are being fined. People under emotional distress need support and churches can help. There should be a way to help them.

They don't have to go to a church in large groups. The priest, preacher (or whomever) can do a sermon on Facebook live or any number of similar platforms. People can call in person if they need/want more one on one. We have technology.

Two wrongs still don't make a right. No matter how idiotic that one group appears to be behaving, it doesn't give anyone else the go ahead to be equally moronic.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What's the phrase? "There's no atheists in foxholes." :lol:

Wow, never heard that one before. Cool. Reminds me of that Smithers thread where people commented they always pray when faced with life and death. i didn't, I prayed for other more selfish stuff though.

23 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Keep being scared.

It is what it is, I also have a 9 year old

If I took a test and tested positive what am I supposed to do? Jail myself in my bedroom and avoid my family while no money gets made to pay for the roof over the head and food on the table of a pregnant woman and a 9 year old?

You can call me lazy all you want but you sound like you live with mom and dad and are a little out of touch with anything that bonny doesny say

Also bonnie and Adrian have both said to keep traffic at testing sites and hospitals down not to get tested unless you show symptoms.

I caught a cold last April and work made me 14 day quarantine paid leave.

Guess what, 32 employees suddenly got "sick" for a 14 day paid vacation

So that's why my employer tells us if you're not sick come to work regardless of contact with said person.

Isnt that what a mask is for?

I'm not scared, just not stupid and uneducated,

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

33 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Keep being scared.

It is what it is, I also have a 9 year old

If I took a test and tested positive what am I supposed to do? Jail myself in my bedroom and avoid my family while no money gets made to pay for the roof over the head and food on the table of a pregnant woman and a 9 year old?

You can call me lazy all you want but you sound like you live with mom and dad and are a little out of touch with anything that bonny doesny say

Also bonnie and Adrian have both said to keep traffic at testing sites and hospitals down not to get tested unless you show symptoms.

I caught a cold last April and work made me 14 day quarantine paid leave.

Guess what, 32 employees suddenly got "sick" for a 14 day paid vacation

So that's why my employer tells us if you're not sick come to work regardless of contact with said person.

Isnt that what a mask is for?

And yeah you know what, times are tough I'd expect you to sacrifice your income for the health of your family. I understand the decision is tough, (I'm always fighting for money) but you're pretending you're not smart enough to go without a cheque. It's called growing up (balls), we've all been through this before. i just hope your wife and child are fine. you pretty much taint Pavel and Alexander with your lazy weak ass viewpoints. But to each their own. And, it's also funny, you're the one that afraid of losing money, you just said so yourself.

Would it really be that hard to

A: Get tested (too hard for you and your busy life, basically like Mother Teresa)

B: If negative then be with your family

C: If positive ... isolate and deal with it.

Nope, Bure takes head in the sand approach. I don't care about anyone but myself, it's too hard to get tested. You have to be a complete moron to knowingly infect your newborn baby with a deadly infection.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You need to man up and do what’s best for your family. Get tested and take precautions.

Hope everything goes well and smoothly for your wife and little ones,  but if it doesn’t, maybe one day you’ll realize that playing with fire can burn. I’m surprised you haven’t learned/assimilated that yet. 

The media isn’t machining fear. It’s reporting the frightful reality of people who are sick and dying, and asymptomatic people who are infecting others. 

I’m trying to be polite in my responses to you because I realize you undoubtedly already have a ton of pressure on you right now.

Be smart, do the right and safest possible things for your family. It’s not about being brave and macho. It’s about being a responsible husband and father in the face of tough and potentially life saving/ending decisions. 

Good luck. 

If I have covid then she has covid, which means baby girl has covid. So what's the point of getting a test especially when shes already getting one as per fraser health guidelines. Its not being irresponsible, its common sense.

My pregnant wife isnt worried so why should I be? Have you ever dealt with a pregnant woman? She gets what she wants lol, she wants me in the delivery room with her and I will be right beside her.

• Wat 2

10 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

She gets what she wants lol, she wants me in the delivery room with her and I will be right beside her.

Maybe, maybe not.

Who knows what the health authorities will allow at that point in time.

I don't know if fathers are allowed in the delivery room even now.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

If I have covid then she has covid, which means baby girl has covid. So what's the point of getting a test especially when shes already getting one as per fraser health guidelines. Its not being irresponsible, its common sense.

My pregnant wife isnt worried so why should I be? Have you ever dealt with a pregnant woman? She gets what she wants lol, she wants me in the delivery room with her and I will be right beside her.

BECAUSE YOU WILL INFECT OTHER PEOPLE

jfc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Pfizer says we will have their vaccine in Canada within 24 hours of approving it

"Upon approval, we then release the vaccine and then it is shipped. We've already produced the vaccine and reserved doses for Canada," Marett said on Rosemary Barton Live.

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

BECAUSE YOU WILL INFECT OTHER PEOPLE

jfc

This the exact reason we're in this mess right now. People be dumb.

ffs the blatant idiocy is appalling. It's slightly amusing when he's calling Benning dumb but when he's literally putting peoples lives at risk it's downright indecency. Disgusting behaviour.

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

It goes a long way to show how misguided these people are. Surely God or whomever they pray to that makes them feel more important than other people doesn't require them to go to church and kill other people in the process.

Some Christians are hypocrites. 

They believe in the commandment that very clearly says Thou Shalt Not Kill, but then want to do things that could kill others just so they can worship the thing that tells them not to do things that could kill people. 

This truly exposes the nonsensical inanity and insanity of religion and the religious. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Cheers 2