The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Funny how KOS is quick to attack Dr. Henry, but doesn't say a single word about Mark Donnelly, nor an anti-mask protests by individuals. 

Mark D is  a loser... I don't waste my time speaking about him.....

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sadly i don't have a 25K per month PR  firm to write my cute jingles like Dr. B has......

I mean if you did you likely wouldn't be on here posting twitter rants from people with 76 followers. 

At least you're keeping your strength moving all these goal posts. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Nope.  I know a person in ER right now with it........  

Don't believe what DR. B / Horgan and the BC media are spinning.     Covid is spreading right now like wildfire......   

BC tests the lowest in Canada.... It is the Trump method of defeating covid.

Spin / Spin / Spin. -  repeat.     Good thing Dr. B has such a great PR firm working for her......

You can go to Mexico to holiday. / party...   but you can not have mom and dad. over for xmas.  

BC covid restrictions are a joke.  Nobody takes Dr. B seriously ... ever since she failed to support masks for 9 months....

The basement brew must have been a stronger than normal batch tonight. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The basement brew must have been a stronger than normal batch tonight. 

No worries. You never have any actual covid thoughts to post here.....   Posters like you really make zero contribution to the discussion. 

You may diagree with my points but at least i. express an opinion.  You offer nothing. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

Good to see the Government had the foresight to specify Pfzier shipments from different continents.

Full article at:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ottawa-trump-threats-pfizer-vaccine-1.5832954

***************************************************************************************************************************

Federal Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc said today he doesn't expect a U.S. attempt to restrict overseas shipments of the Pfizer vaccine will have any meaningful impact on Canada's initial supply of doses.

LeBlanc said he's "confident" that the New York-based pharmaceutical giant will be able to fulfil its contractual obligations to deliver millions of vaccine doses to countries abroad, despite reports that U.S. President Donald Trump is intent on limiting shipments.

"With respect to the Pfizer doses, we expect them to start arriving in the coming days, in the next week or so," LeBlanc told reporters at a COVID-19 briefing.

"We have no reason to think whatsoever that access to the Pfizer vaccine will be in any way disturbed. Deliberately, in the contracts themselves, we contemplated having access to production facilities on more than one continent," he said.

The government has hesitated to state publicly where Canada's Pfizer doses are coming from, due to security concerns. Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin, the military commander leading vaccination logistics at the national operations centre, said Tuesday the planned "dry runs" on distribution are based on the assumption the doses are coming from Belgium.

"We're exercising a dry run this week. Boxes are in the air right now. They left Belgium and are on their way to the next transit node in the cold chain. They're being monitored, so we will learn," Fortin said of the delivery simulation.

"This is one way this week where we will learn how the process will flow, if adjustments need to be made.

• Cheers 4

15 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I have many thoughts. I think you’re a broken record, for one. 

Typical. Once again you offer zero on the topic of this thread - covid.

You contribute nothing to this forum other than personally insulting posters that post on topic here.    Congrats, well done. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Though I never got tested because there was no real test available in late January, I'm positive I had it and was unlike anything I'd ever experienced before.  I'm currently about 300 days pasty illness and I struggle everyday.  I havent had a normal day since.

Chatted with my teacher buddy last night.  I remember last January how he was saying his school was hit with the flu (I do remember them saying the flu was supposed to be bad last year anyways, I was cooped up for 4 months so never effected me), but he was saying 4 of his teachers got sick and ended up going off for quite a few weeks, and he was down to class sizes of as low as 11 kids at one point from 25 or whatever his size was.  He knows that Christmas one of the teachers went to Europe for vacation and he wonders if they brought it back and spread it at his school.  No way to actually know unless all those teachers/kids got anti-body tested to see if they all had it at one point a year ago.  This year he says his school thus far has been pretty darn good though luckily. 

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Chatted with my teacher buddy last night.  I remember last January how he was saying his school was hit with the flu (I do remember them saying the flu was supposed to be bad last year anyways, I was cooped up for 4 months so never effected me), but he was saying 4 of his teachers got sick and ended up going off for quite a few weeks, and he was down to class sizes of as low as 11 kids at one point from 25 or whatever his size was.  He knows that Christmas one of the teachers went to Europe for vacation and he wonders if they brought it back and spread it at his school.  No way to actually know unless all those teachers/kids got anti-body tested to see if they all had it at one point a year ago.  This year he says his school thus far has been pretty darn good though luckily. 

I know there was an awful flu strain of some sort going around during the winter.  My friend came back from Mexico in March and was really sick, all the symptoms of what we knew at that point about COVID.  She got tested and it wasn't COVID but rather some strain of virus or flu. She said she had never been that sick, took her about 4 weeks to fully recover but no lasting effects.  

27 minutes ago, skategal said:

I know there was an awful flu strain of some sort going around during the winter.  My friend came back from Mexico in March and was really sick, all the symptoms of what we knew at that point about COVID.  She got tested and it wasn't COVID but rather some strain of virus or flu. She said she had never been that sick, took her about 4 weeks to fully recover but no lasting effects.  

The flu strains are still around but hearing from the news it’s hasn’t been a particularly bad flu season since most people are adhering to Covid guidelines. That’s helped in keeping the flu cases down. 

• Upvote 2