The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

@kingofsurrey if our PHO is anti science/anti mask, why are masks mandatory? 

BC was one of the  last provinces  in Canada to make masks mandatory...  STILL not mandatory in  BC schools.

BC is where current  science is ignored...

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

BC was one of the  last provinces  in Canada to make masks mandatory...  STILL not mandatory in  BC schools.

BC is where current  science is ignored...

it's interesting going back to page one of this thread and reading your shifting philosophies 

• Hydration 2

I think living next door to the US gives folks a sense that the virus here is far worse than what it actually is.  Cases per million...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/covid-19-in-the-u-s-how-do-canada-s-provinces-rank-against-american-states-1.5051033

Most Canadian provinces are somewhere between Maine and Hawaii.

Not getting away from the fact that we are in the midst of a world pandemic, but we can get through this; especially if we stick to our guns with the protocols.  As our health professionals have been saying over and over and over for months now...wash your hands often, stay 6ft apart, wear a mask if you can't maintain your distance, follow current restrictions and stay at home if you don't feel well (or get tested). 

It's pretty simple, really.

I like our chances a lot better than our neighbours south of us.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, BoKnows said:

Kids my age got more faith in the cocaine they got for free from the creepy guy at the party then they do in this vaccine.  I find that wild to think about.

There’s a creepy guy who gives out free cocaine at party’s!?!  I’m in the wrong Province :gocan:

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 3
23 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Much like you faulting Dr Henry on decisions made in April, despite numerous changes and recommendations since. Again pot, meet kettle. LOL...

Quoting my comments on Covid in January 2020....     LOL....    

You sure are needy.....

Edited by kingofsurrey
3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Quoting my comments on Covid in January 2020....     LOL....    

You sure are needy.....

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Once again you offer absolutely zero to the discussion .  At least you are consistent. 

You were saying?

Case at DRE here in Winfield.   I hadn't had an email before about this but it is more generic than I would like. 

Someone tested positive,  if you're not contacted bring your kids to school basically.  Working with IH etc.

I'm not sure this is the right communication.  Any further information would be great really.

Also, @KOS and @Warhippy, what's the deal about gas in AB?  I'm interested in the history here......

• Hydration 1
9 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Much like you faulting Dr Henry on decisions made in April, despite numerous changes and recommendations since. Again pot, meet kettle. LOL...

Ooof.

Covid isn't the only thing in this thread with a body count now

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, appleboy said:

I have stopped worrying about what everyone else is doing. I just worry about taking care of my self and my family. 

That's probably not a bad idea but sometimes it's impossible.  I went for a walk two days ago....narrow gravel path with steep river slope on one side and a road on the other.  A few different times multiple people were walking abreast, coming at me head on.   I'd move as farrrrrrr as possible to the right and they'd stay....as is.  One group was older men, chatting and I had to actually step through the hedge onto the road to avoid them.  I let him know what an ass he was.  "Huh?".  The other only other option would have been to Hamhuis hip check him into the river...and I considered it.  When 3 woman came at me like that I was so thrilled when they single filed it so we all had room.  I thanked them (for having brains).

If others' actions didn't directly impact mine, I couldn't care less.  During COVID, what they do can have dire consequences to others.  So I care. 

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 2
6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's probably not a bad idea but sometimes it's impossible.  I went for a walk two days ago....narrow gravel path with steep river slope on one side and a road on the other.  A few different times multiple people were walking abreast, coming at me head on.   I'd move as farrrrrrr as possible to the right and they'd stay....as is.  One group was older men, chatting and I had to actually step through the hedge onto the road to avoid them.  I let them know what asses they were.  "Huh?".  The other only other option would have been to Hamhuis hip check him (the one closest to me) into the river...and I considered it.  When 3 woman came at me like that I was so thrilled when they single filed it so we all had room.  I thanked them (for having brains).

If others' actions didn't directly impact mine, I couldn't care less.  During COVID, what they do can have dire consequences to others.  So I care. 

Especially with repercussions with your family. It doesn't just impact you, it's others you care about. 

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 2
  • SNuck locked and unlocked this topic
  • SNuck featured and pinned this topic
  • SNuck unfeatured this topic