The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 hours ago, skategal said:

Personally I believe that my chances are better than the sofa slug given that I'm active, eat well, workout a lot.  Can I say that categorically?  No.  

But if that sofa slug never leaves his mom's basement, won't he be less likely to come in contact with Covid?  ::D

• Haha 2

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/12/09/can-covid-19-coronavirus-cause-long-term-erectile-dysfunction/?sh=667372973ab5

A post from another board:

that was the joke a while back; I forgot the comedian but she said if Corona made you impotent, all dudes, including those in power, would insist on masks and social distancing

:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess its impossible to say "none" but there clearly isn't a big wave of infections coming out of schools. I don't have reason to doubt the contact tracing, unless you have a link? 

For me this seems like good news. 

Yah right , i have a bridge for sale if you are interested....

spacer.pngEpAcPLLUUAAdDdN?format=png&name=small

Edited by kingofsurrey

17 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah right , i have a bridge for sale if you are interested....

spacer.pngEpAcPLLUUAAdDdN?format=png&name=small

It also has a lot to do with summer turning into Fall/Winter and people moving indoors as a result.

Backyard barbecues turned into indoor parties.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Russ said:

I'm still going to put money on those people who eat well and exercise over the 300lbs woman who left Costco infront of me with multiple bags of chips and pop with not a Damn meat or veggie in sight that they will be able to fight off and recover far easier. 

I was very healthy and lived a very healthy, active lifestyle.  I'm athletic, active, eat well, grow a lot of my own food and had no underlying conditions.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I was very healthy and lived a very healthy, active lifestyle.  I'm athletic, active, eat well, grow a lot of my own food and had no underlying conditions.

Were you confirmed with it?

I think I may have had it at Christmas but that was before we knew about it.  Was exhausted, wheezy, "off" for months.

13 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It also has a lot to do with summer turning into Fall/Winter and people moving indoors as a result.

Backyard barbecues turned into indoor parties.

Children are the fastest growing covid numbers in BC since Sept... when school started......  

Schools in BC have no masks mandated.....  every other part of our society requires masks.....   

hmmmmm............

NORTH VANCOUVER, B.C. -- When Upper Lynn Elementary School in North Vancouver emailed parents on Saturday to say there had been a COVID-19 exposure at the school last week, Craig Utian was concerned. Then, his son’s Grade 1 teacher sent a second email, saying she was the positive case.

”We were crossing fingers we were all going to be OK,” said Utian.

On Monday, his six-year-old son Andrew began feeling sick. His fever was so high, he was taken to Lions Gate Hospital. The boy’s COVID-19 test came back positive that night. Andrew had been in close contact with his teacher two days before she tested positive.

We just know that we did everything we possibly could this year to avoid this,” said Utian. “If masks had been mandated in schools, this stress and anxiety we are having and that potentially other parents could be having, certainly in that class, could have been avoided.”

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/father-wants-school-mask-mandate-after-6-year-old-tests-positive-for-covid-19-1.5234933#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=aJWQbJO

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Were you confirmed with it?

I think I may have had it at Christmas but that was before we knew about it.  Was exhausted, wheezy, "off" for months.

Quite a few people I know (including myself) in Dec-early feb had really bad symptoms one was hospitalised because of it. However although anti body tests are not guaranteed (and diminished the longer I’m between having them) none of us tested positive for antibodies. The strain of seasonal flu for 19-20 was particularly bad. 

• Vintage 1

21 hours ago, Stelar said:

Not sure why you wouldn't agree that being healthy and having a strong immune system would help you battle a virus.  Its pretty basic stuff.  No one is saying it's the end all be all but it certainly helps.

The issue is people are confusing improving your odds, with immunity. And what's the improvement? Greater risk of not dying which is good. Still doesn't help if you were previously healthy, then your lungs get perforated by the effects of covid. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

7 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Quite a few people I know (including myself) in Dec-early feb had really bad symptoms one was hospitalised because of it. However although anti body tests are not guaranteed (and diminished the longer I’m between having them) none of us tested positive for antibodies. The strain of seasonal flu for 19-20 was particularly bad. 

It was the sickest I've ever been....I never miss work but did.  Was bed bound as I could barely get up.  My son called me at one point and as I coughed he commented on how I should consider going to the hospital.  But it was a month or two afterward of really feeling "off"...I've never wheezed in my life and walking over the bridge to a game, felt like I was out of gas and it was an all out effort to do so.  The same with doing stairs here (I have 28 in my unit).   It was disheartening, but I thought I just was out of shape after Christmas.

Makes me wonder, like stawns, if it wasn't more than just a flu.  In hearing how COVID can linger, that's the part that really connects the dots for me.

As for the "being healthy" debate....it's one thing to have a strong immune system that may help increase your recovery odds, but that's not a guarantee and some almost want to dismiss the severity of COVID "because" they feel it somehow protects against contracting it...it doesn't.   I'm doing things to try to stay/be healthy but I also don't use that as a shield and the most important things are the basics they're promoting:  social distancing, hand washing, masks, no gatherings.  The good health stuff should always be part of our mindset.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It was the sickest I've ever been....I never miss work but did.  Was bed bound as I could barely get up.  My son called me at one point and as I coughed he commented on how I should consider going to the hospital.  But it was a month or two afterward of really feeling "off"...I've never wheezed in my life and walking over the bridge to a game, felt like I was out of gas and it was an all out effort to do so.  The same with doing stairs here (I have 28 in my unit).   It was disheartening, but I thought I just was out of shape after Christmas.

Makes me wonder, like stawns, if it wasn't more than just a flu.  In hearing how COVID can linger, that's the part that really connects the dots for me.

As for the "being healthy" debate....it's one thing to have a strong immune system that may help increase your recovery odds, but that's not a guarantee and some almost want to dismiss the severity of COVID "because" they feel it somehow protects against contracting it...it doesn't.   I'm doing things to try to stay/be healthy but I also don't use that as a shield and the most important things are the basics they're promoting:  social distancing, hand washing, masks, no gatherings.  The good health stuff should always be part of our mindset.

Oh good god,  I'm not a doctor but that sounds a lot like COVID. Glad that you recovered.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Just read that the US has surpassed 17 million Covid cases. To put that in perspective, that's one in every 20 Americans.

This is what happens when the administration prioritizes the economy over the health of it's populace....

It’s gonna get worse there yet. 

• Upvote 1

New Zealand also ensured that it purchased enough vaccines shots so that more than its population could get vaccinated.  They ensured that its Polynesian neighbours Samoa, Tonga and Tuvalu could have access to the vaccines.   Kinda like how our government secured excess vaccines. 

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/433029/govt-secures-another-two-covid-19-vaccines-pm-says-every-new-zealander-will-be-able-to-be-vaccinated

Govt secures another two Covid-19 vaccines, PM says every New Zealander will be able to be vaccinated

The government has secured another two vaccines, enough for every New Zealander and its Pacific partners, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says.

• Vintage 1