The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Quite a few people I know (including myself) in Dec-early feb had really bad symptoms one was hospitalised because of it. However although anti body tests are not guaranteed (and diminished the longer I’m between having them) none of us tested positive for antibodies. The strain of seasonal flu for 19-20 was particularly bad. 

Mine wasn't the flu, and it's over 300 days and I'm still suffering

• Huggy Bear 2

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Just read that the US has surpassed 17 million Covid cases. To put that in perspective, that's one in every 20 Americans.

This is what happens when the administration prioritizes the economy over the health of it's populace....

Fake news!

The blood of Jeebus will protect me!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The issue is people are confusing improving your odds, with immunity. And what's the improvement? Greater risk of not dying which is good. Still doesn't help if you were previously healthy, then your lungs get perforated by the effects of covid. 

People are arguing against this point like I’m trying to say that diet and exercise will end the pandemic. That’s most certainly not the case. But given that a good diet and exercise regimen help combat other ailments, or even avoid them entirely, it stands to reason that it will help. Again, we do not know. It’s possible that diet and exercise do nothing for covid but that seems unlikely. Let’s not let perfect be the enemy of better here. 

And for the record I strictly adhere to all covid guidelines and have since the start.

Edited by Sean Monahan
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

This is a little alarming imo.

Paul Alexander former health advisor to Donald Trump, who is a Canadian health researcher that's the alarming part, was pushing for herd immunity in USA to tackle the Coronavirus. He wanted children and kids to not wear masks to hopefully have herd immunity for the virus, why is this guy a Canadian Health researcher.....

In August and early September 2020, Alexander sent several messages to press officers at the National Institutes of Health attempting to direct Dr. Anthony Fauci's media comments.[3] Among his demands were that Fauci should refrain from promoting the wearing of masks by children in school and COVID-19 testing of children.[3] Fauci later said that he had not received the messages and would not have been influenced by them if he had.[3]

Former Trump appointee encouraged herd immunity strategy for Covid-19, internal emails reveal

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/politics/trump-administration-herd-immunity/index.html

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Cheers 2

14 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, sorry  but your neighbours as well.   Covid is a major issue in Vancouver as well as Surrey. 

Having a PHO that refused to make masks mandatory for 9 months... still not mandatory in schools has certainly not been helpful for our province in our fight to reduce the transmission of covid. 

\

for a guy that quotes numbers, maybe go back and have a look at the problem areas? 

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

for a guy that quotes numbers, maybe go back and have a look at the problem areas? 

typical lawyer trying to get others to do your work for you......

VCH has major covid issues in their region......  In fact all parts of BC now have increasing covid transmission.

Highest rate per 1000 is now in first nation community up north.....

No one's community will be spared from this covid virus.

Having a PHO that did  BLOCK mandatory masks for 9 months and still blocks them in schools ....  well this made ZERO sense and has lead to increased covid in BC.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

typical lawyer trying to get others to do your work for you......

VCH has major covid issues in their region......  In fact all parts of BC now have increasing covid transmission.

Highest rate per 1000 is now in first nation community up north.....

No one's community will be spared from this covid virus.

Having a PHO that did  BLOCK mandatory masks for 9 months and still blocks them in schools ....  well this made ZERO sense and has lead to increased covid in BC.

I get it, you don't want to look at facts, just vent about Henry. And you have no evidence at all to back up that last line. 

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

And he never ever will.

If you filter out everything else and only read his comments from star to finish in this thread.  you'll get a massive headache trying to follow the endlessly moving goalposts and endless whinging.  

Some people will just never ever be happy no matter what is done.

I know, just can't help myself sometimes. 

Have Horgan, Dix and Henry been perfect? no. Are they psycho's who only care about covering their asses and lying to us? no. I think they've done a good job all things considered, and the really bad behaviour we're seeing predominantly in Fraser Health is by people that just don't care. We simply don't have enough policing to deal with that many dum dum's. It is what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I know, just can't help myself sometimes. 

Have Horgan, Dix and Henry been perfect? no. Are they psycho's who only care about covering their asses and lying to us? no. I think they've done a good job all things considered, and the really bad behaviour we're seeing predominantly in Fraser Health is by people that just don't care. We simply don't have enough policing to deal with that many dum dum's. It is what it is. 

So you think Bars open during a pandemic makes good sense..... ?

You also think masks are not useful for teenagers all day in portables...

Wow, i know who the dumb dumb is....

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

So you think Bars open during a pandemic makes good sense..... ?

You also think masks are not useful for teenagers all day in portables...

Wow, i know who the dumb dumb is....

yes, if its done safely, which it can be. We've been supporting a local brew pub thats been doing a fantastic job through all this and keeping people employed. 

I trust that Henry can develop a safe plan for schools based on evidence, whereas you seem to want to use the spastic approach. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yes, if its done safely, which it can be. We've been supporting a local brew pub thats been doing a fantastic job through all this and keeping people employed. 

I trust that Henry can develop a safe plan for schools based on evidence, whereas you seem to want to use the spastic approach. 

while I agree with most things you said, I don't about schools........they are not being transparent and have different standards for education.  I absolutely do not feel safe at work, in anyway.

• Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

while I agree with most things you said, I don't about schools........they are not being transparent and have different standards for education.  I absolutely do not feel safe at work, in anyway.

I actually appreciate your views on it, having to live it (vs. others).

Where do you think they are not being transparent? When Dix said there was no evidence for secondary transmission in schools was he lying? 

I'm not challenging your take, just want to know your view of it since you are in the middle of it. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I actually appreciate your views on it, having to live it (vs. others).

Where do you think they are not being transparent? When Dix said there was no evidence for secondary transmission in schools was he lying? 

I'm not challenging your take, just want to know your view of it since you are in the middle of it. 

I also know that the student who tested positive at my school came back after 10 days and none of us know if he had to have a negative test before coming back or not...........and he isn't wearing a mask

• Cheers 4

Coronavirus: Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf says coronavirus approach 'has failed'

Sweden's king has said his country "failed" to save lives with its relatively relaxed approach to the coronavirus pandemic.

Sweden, which has never imposed a full lockdown, has seen nearly 350,000 cases and more than 7,800 deaths - a lot more than its Scandinavian neighbours.

Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said he agreed with the king's remarks.

"Of course the fact that so many have died can't be considered as anything other than a failure," Mr Lofven told reporters.

Referring to the government's strategy, Mr Lofven added that "it's when we are through the pandemic that the real conclusions can be drawn".

In the programme, the king says: "I think we have failed. We have a large number who have died and that is terrible.

"The people of Sweden have suffered tremendously in difficult conditions. One thinks of all the family members who have happened to be unable to say goodbye to their deceased family members. I think it is a tough and traumatic experience not to be able to say a warm goodbye."

When asked if he was afraid of being infected with Covid-19, the king - who is 74 - said: "Lately, it has felt more obvious, it has crept closer and closer. That's not what you want."

Instead of relying on legal sanctions, Sweden appeals to citizens' sense of responsibility and civic duty, and issues only recommendations. There are no sanctions if they are ignored.

Sweden has never imposed a nationwide lockdown or the wearing of masks, and bars and restaurants have remained open.

However, earlier this week, schools across the Stockholm region were asked to switch to distance learning for 13 to 15-year-olds for the first time as soon as possible. The measure was announced in response to rising Covid-19 cases.

This came a week after a nationwide decision on 7 December to switch to remote learning for those over 16.

And on Monday, new nationwide social-distancing recommendations for the Christmas period came into force, replacing similar region-specific guidelines.

Swedes are advised to meet a maximum of eight people, gather outdoors if possible and avoid traveling by train or bus.

A formal ban on public gatherings of more than eight people remains, affecting events such as concerts, sports matches and demonstrations.