The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I think they aren't being honest, yes.  I know people in other districts that know, without question, that it has moved through their school.  One friend in Terrace had a staff member test positive and Northern health didn't report it and he finally did the contact tracing and announced it himself after a week.  3 more staff members and several students then tested positive and it was never declared a "cluster" or "outbreak", but was just chalked up to community.  I know a teacher in Kelowna who says the same thing at a high school there.

I'm curious why he isn't being called out for it on the news? you'd think they'd want to nail him on it if they had the tracing to show teaches picked it up in school. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I trust that Henry can develop a safe plan for schools based on evidence, whereas you seem to want to use the spastic approach. 

Only a. dense person would go and drink pints in a  pub during a pandemic.......  heh whatever works for you though. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I mean, you could say the same thing about living in Surrey. 

People often live close to work...  it is called being Green... low carbon and all that...

People that drink pints in a pub during a pandemic... and those that opposed mandatory masks for 9 months.. and still oppose masks in highschools...

Well those people truly are dense.....     I thought lawyers attended university... no ?

6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

People often live close to work...  it is called being Green... low carbon and all that...

People that drink pints in a pub during a pandemic... and those that opposed mandatory masks for 9 months.. and still oppose masks in highschools...

Well those people truly are dense.....     I thought lawyers attended university... no ?

don't be a dingus. There are many places set up for safe service. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Lizanne Foster. @MovingParadigms
· 5h

How did BC become numb to the death of dozens of elders daily?

How did we get here? Countries with zero deaths this past week chose a different way.

Why didn't @CDCofBC & @adriandix & @jjhorgan? What is/was more important? #bcpoli #Covid19BC

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Safe service with an aersolized virus....   i guess lawyers don't study science at uni....

If you get out of Surrey sometime you'll see its not all like your favourite place, Pancho and Lefty's. Some - brace yourself now - have outdoor tables. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

New Zealand also ensured that it purchased enough vaccines shots so that more than its population could get vaccinated.  They ensured that its Polynesian neighbours Samoa, Tonga and Tuvalu could have access to the vaccines.   Kinda like how our government secured excess vaccines. 

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/433029/govt-secures-another-two-covid-19-vaccines-pm-says-every-new-zealander-will-be-able-to-be-vaccinated

Govt secures another two Covid-19 vaccines, PM says every New Zealander will be able to be vaccinated

The government has secured another two vaccines, enough for every New Zealander and its Pacific partners, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says.

Right wing media has been roasting Time magazine for naming Biden and Harris "Person of the Year".....

I think they missed an opportunity with Jacinda. Not only was she deserving, but it would also have been a troll of Donald Trump. (in case that's what they were going for)

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This is getting to be misinformation now. 

I'd like you to quote where masks were BLOCKED for 9 months?  Or in schools?

This is from early April:

https://biv.com/article/2020/04/op-ed-non-medical-cloth-masks-are-your-choice-during-covid-19

She gives reasons why the initial reaction to masks was what it was:  mostly, to reserve them for those who needed them most.  We saw how crazed people hoarded so that was going to become problematic if masks became part of that.  People selling them in parking lots rather than them being available on the front lines.  It was a means to protect the supply.

And also...some people DO feel that masks allow them to drop their guard.  They also do tend to fiddle with them, creating more harm than good.

Nowhere does it say they were "blocked"...what does that even mean?

Dr. Henry from March to Nov 2020 has consistently not supported mandatory masks in BC.    

This is the point i am trying to make.    When masks are ONLY optional.... you see people not taking recommendations seriously.....

I would like you to quote where in the WORLD you see Masks are not effective to limit covid transmission.

Teachers across BC are calling for safe work places.. and mandatory masks policey started by BC gov in BC schools. ... 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 2

33 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Dr. Henry from March to Nov 2020 has consistently not supported mandatory masks in BC.    

This is the point i am trying to make.    When masks are ONLY optional.... you see people not taking recommendations seriously.....

I would like you to quote where in the WORLD you see Masks are not effective to limit covid transmission.

Teachers across BC are calling for safe work places.. and mandatory masks policey started by BC gov in BC schools. ... 

Misinformation as usual 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Zero contribution to the discussion here.... as usual. 

I've discussed numerous things in here, I also call out b.s. misinformation. Such as your hate posts.

You ever going to discuss something or just insult people who dare call you on your spreading of misinformation. 

You actually have some good points on here but your message is either ruined or ignored by false and unproven claims of Bonnie blocking masks. 

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

No...I supplied my source, now it's your turn.  :)

And you used the word "blocked"....which is escalating your stance and not reflective of what the truth is.  So where is the reference to her "blocking" masks?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1