The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

There a better options for plant based patties then the Beyond Meat products. I really like a product called Mushroom bites. Made in Vancouver. Sold in Save on Foods. Also in Victoria where I live we have a butcher at the Hudson Market that only sells plant based food that looks like meat. Their taste profile and texture compared to the Beyond Meat products is night and day difference. All natural organic ingredients that give you the protein you need in your diet. You don't need to have an innocent animal killed just so you can enjoy a tasty product on your plate or sandwich. Plant based diets are healthier for you. You won't feel sluggish, everything you eat will digest through you really easily, your testosterone will go up, your skin will clear up, inflammation in your body will improve and your joints will move better. You will loose weight and have a vibrant look to you and attract better looking people.  Vancouver has so many great vegan options. Give it a try. Your old diet isn't doing you any favours. 

if he's not butchering meat and sells only vegetables/plants then what makes him a butcher.. lol

I have a nice steak sitting in my fridge for dinner tonight. Nothing replaces meat. And its not going away. 

I like to eat vegetarian, try to stay veggie at least couple times a week. But I'd never fully give up meat. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

IMO Everyone is going on lock down soon.

1) china did the clamp down authoritarian style (it worked)

2) south korea did the super testing approach (it worked)

3) Italy did the super lockdown approach (we don't know if its worked yet)

USA has done neither of those

Apple closes all stores outside of China

Apple is closing all its stores outside of China in response to the Coronavirus and its spread to Europe and the US and how those regions have now become the epicenter of the virus.  The action is a continuation of the private sectors attempt to slow the spreading of the virus. This week virtually all sporting events were shuttered across the US including iconic events and sports leagues like the NCAA March Madness, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, the MLB spring season, the Masters golf tournament.

^^^^ That's some bitter irony right there.

Stay open in .china?

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

IMO Everyone is going on lock down soon.

Friend of mine sent me the following. It's from a hedge fund big wig.

1) china did the clamp down authoritarian style (it worked)

2) south korea did the super testing approach (it worked)

3) Italy did the super lockdown approach (we don't know if its worked yet)

USA has done neither of those

Fox news still downplays the threat.  Claims it's all part of a Democratic hoax to make their fearless leader look bad.  That or it's all the guy born in Kenya fault.

Normally I'd just say "let all their target audiance of hee-haw bumpkins" screw themselves...but problem is, they'll just be the future source of the virus continuing to spread.  No different than those anti-vaxxers.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

From Maui?

What if you could isolate on Big Beach?

I will be on Sugar Beach in 1 hour. I fly back into Washington State and ten drive home. My only worry is they shutdown internal air. If so I stay on insurance claim or look for a sailboat.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

I will be on Sugar Beach in 1 hour. I fly back into Washington State and ten drive home. My only worry is they shutdown internal air. If so I stay on insurance claim or look for a sailboat.

That works. Some people mention being stuck in a foreign country....Darn I'm stuck in Maui haha.

All joking aside safe travels.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea I'm not Justin's #1 fan either.

Yeah Justin is all style and no substance but he didn't win an election so much as the Cons handed the election to the Liberals by nominating an awful foreigner candidate in Scheer.  No different than the Dems nominating Killery.

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Stay open in .china?

Maybe it's done all the damage it can do there? That's the only country in the world where Apple stores stay open and that's where it started. 

China has had around 5800 deaths from Corona in a population of 1.4 billion .  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Fox news still downplays the threat.  Claims it's all part of a Democratic hoax to make their fearless leader look bad.  That or it's all the guy born in Kenya's fault.

Still?

ffs... wtf ever. It doesn’t even matter. Sick of putting those clowns into any real conversation anyways.

Just take care of your selves and the ones closest to you and spread the message.

Best response (preventative our otherwise) is common sense. Minimize human contact and stay clean. 

Worse thing to do is to panic. Panic leads to stupid decisions like buying 2 years worth of toilet paper.... now what? everyone else has either scoot across their carpet our shower more often...:

Signed by,

Canorth

(Very high level healthcare provider. Someone who has actual contact with people who actually know things.)

Ps. Just take a breath and get your poop in a group. Everything always works out. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1