The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

35 minutes ago, GSP* said:

Trying to cash in on her spotlight. 

:picard:

yah,  not supporting mandatory masks for 9 months... and not  requiring highschool kids to  wear masks or social distance  during a aerosolized  viral pandemic....   

I wonder if that is discussed in her book......    

Edited by kingofsurrey

5 hours ago, stawns said:

so a disturbing discussion during our recess hotstove........one of my colleagues, a grade 5 teacher, surveyed his class and asked how many were going away for christmas.  Of the 27 in his class, at least 20 said they were travelling for Xmas, with several of them going to Alberta.  That is unbelievable.........what is wrong with people?

After telling us that, he then told us of his wifes experience in a local elementary school yesterday.  She's an itinerant counsellor in our district and she was at one of her schools yesterday when the principal took her aside and said "don't go to teacher x's class today........a student's family went to a party last week and they all tested positive and he's waiting for test results and he's  here today because the contact tracing isn't complete and we're not allowed to force him to stay home and we're not allowed to tell people until the contact tracing is complete. 

The first story is unbelievable, the second one, I don't have words for.  I suggested all teachers take 5 sick days the first week back

The second part sounds like BS to me and I wouldn't sit quietly and allow this to happen.  Someone's head needs to roll here.   Because if a student has been tested, they're to stay home until they get results back.  So either the Principal needs to be called out or the child needs to be sent home until the results are back:

If your child was tested for COVID-19, the child should remain home to self-isolate until the results are provided to you. This means you should go directly home after their test. Your child should stay home from school and not see visitors. Visit the self-isolation page for details.

Your child can stop isolating and return to school if they test negative and their symptoms are gone - unless they have been asked by public health to continue to self-isolate. This might happen if your child has been exposed to someone with COVID-19. If your child tests positive, public health will provide instructions on when they can end isolation. You can expect to know your child's results in about 48 hours. 

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

The second part sounds like BS to me and I wouldn't sit quietly and allow this to happen.  Someone's head needs to roll here.   Because if a student has been tested, they're to stay home until they get results back.  So either the Principal needs to be called out or the child needs to be sent home until the results are back:

I know, for a fact, that's not what parents are being told by IH

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

yah,  not supporting mandatory masks for 9 months... and not  requiring highschool kids to  wear masks or social distance  during a aerosolized  viral pandemic....   

I wonder if that is discussed in her book......    

do you ever tire of being wrong or spreading more lies than the average trump supporter?

you know full well statement is wrong so why even bother saying it

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

do you ever tire of being wrong or spreading more lies than the average trump supporter?

you know full well statement is wrong so why seven bother lying it

My statement is 100% true.  If you choose to ignore history and live in a dream world... Well good on you.  I understand... it is probably a much easier way to live.

Good for you.  I prefer to face reality though.. even if it isn't always pretty...

• Wat 2

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sounds like BC has beaten Covid. Well done everyone.....

EpjfpSxVgAEpjKK?format=jpg&name=medium

Unsure where this suggests or states BC has beaten covid.  Can you indicate where in this it says how suggests that?

1 hour ago, GSP* said:

Trying to cash in on her spotlight. 

:picard:

I was not aware that Lynn Henry, Dr. Bonni Henry's sister was the spotlight at all.

Do you have issue with people writing a story or?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Unsure where this suggests or states BC has beaten covid.  Can you indicate where in this it says how suggests that?

I was not aware that Lynn Henry, Dr. Bonni Henry's sister was the spotlight at all.

Do you have issue with people writing a story or?

The primary author is BONNIE Henry, it’s right under the title of the book. 

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

My statement is 100% true.  If you choose to ignore history and live in a dream world... Well good on you.  I understand... it is probably a much easier way to live.

Good for you.  I prefer to face reality though.. even if it isn't always pretty...

100% true...except where it isn't.

The only things you choose to ignore appear to be, the truth; facts, reality and humility.

See below in reference to a response to your initial statement

On 12/17/2020 at 3:38 PM, Warhippy said:

She has been upfront and requested, suggested/told people masks are in fact part of a multi layered line of defence against covid since about mid April.

As per her statement, mid April.

We know that people want to do the right thing when they understand the reasons behind our thinking and have the tools they need to do what is asked of them. Mask use is important, and we need everyone to have the same understanding of our expectations. Wearing a mask will never eliminate all risks, but it is a significant part of the layers of protection that can help protect us, our loved ones and our community. Now more than ever, it is a measure we must all take.

An order can never replace our personal commitment. We need to be responsible for our own actions - that is how we all pull together. I wear a mask, and I expect each of you who can to wear one too.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7423664/coronavirus-bc-masks-in-public/

Her reiteration of that statement as per November

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/dr-bonnie-henry-op-ed-why-b-c-doesn-t-have-a-universal-mask-mandate-1.5191721

Original statement as per April when the science was NOT in fact concrete

There is growing interest and adoption of face masks in Western countries as infection rates in some Asian countries with longtime mask use appear to be slow and with a “flatter curve” than the exponential growth in infections seen in Europe and the United States.

“This is something that we've been considering as well, knowing what's been going on around the world,” said provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry when asked if she would endorse fabric or consumer-grade face masks. “They're not a medical mask, but they can keep your droplets in when you're out and about with others. What is not proven, is that they provide you any protection.”

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, GSP* said:

The primary author is BONNIE Henry, it’s right under the title of the book. 

Written WITH Lynn Henry and if you look at the actual book it is essentially a background of Dr Bonnie Henry's past and credentials and a few weeks/months of her life as told by her sister.

I have a lovely book about pink Floyd by pink Floyd but written by someone else.  Doesn't mean the band members wrote it.

So do you have issue with people writing books or?

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

This has got to be a hard graph for the to contemplate...Ages 10-19 years old infections up by 942% since September...Perhaps your #Covid back to school plan needs some adjustments...#bced

Im not sure if anyone has asked. 

But do you have kids of your own?  Genuinely curious as a parent with kids in 2 separate brackets of the education system

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

so a disturbing discussion during our recess hotstove........one of my colleagues, a grade 5 teacher, surveyed his class and asked how many were going away for christmas.  Of the 27 in his class, at least 20 said they were travelling for Xmas, with several of them going to Alberta.  That is unbelievable.........what is wrong with people?

After telling us that, he then told us of his wifes experience in a local elementary school yesterday.  She's an itinerant counsellor in our district and she was at one of her schools yesterday when the principal took her aside and said "don't go to teacher x's class today........a student's family went to a party last week and they all tested positive and he's waiting for test results and he's  here today because the contact tracing isn't complete and we're not allowed to force him to stay home and we're not allowed to tell people until the contact tracing is complete. 

The first story is unbelievable, the second one, I don't have words for.  I suggested all teachers take 5 sick days the first week back

I've been hearing this as well from many people. As well on facebook, friends asking for someone to drop off a package, or pick up something from another town. What part of essential travel do people not get?

• Cheers 2