The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Be careful.... many  of the people that post here do not like factual information.... LOL....     

Not sure what is worse...  a. Premier that doesn't know his governments own covid policy.... or a  PHO that doesn't support mandatory masks for 9 months and still not in highschools.......

I'm going to lean towards maybe confused, and I'll admit some restrictions have been a little confusing, and them changing them last weekend made it a little confusing again, but it really was only for people who lived alone, so if you don't live alone the restrictions were still the same still.

Yes I'll agree he should know, but he also did ask the health minister if it was ok to do first, and Adrian Dix is the one who told him that he could do that, I found that very alarming. As for the mask one yes another alarming one I didn't agree with, they played that one wrong for a while, at least they finally budged and changed for public spaces well most. As for Schools I do hope they can find a way to enforce the masks there a little more, again it's tough with young kids I get it, but parents also need someone looking after their kids so they can work, it's a catch 22 in tough times with the way this world works and the economy, and bills and keeping a roof over your head, but let's hope they can get a little stricter on masks in school would be nice to see.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'm going to lean towards maybe confused, and I'll admit some restrictions have been a little confusing, and them changing them last weekend made it a little confusing again, but it really was only for people who lived alone, so if you don't live alone the restrictions were still the same still.

Yes I'll agree he should know, but he also did ask the health minister if it was ok to do first, and Adrian Dix is the one who told him that he could do that, I found that very alarming. As for the mask one yes another alarming one I didn't agree with, they played that one wrong for a while, at least they finally budged and changed for public spaces well most. As for Schools I do hope they can find a way to enforce the masks there a little more, again it's tough with young kids I get it, but parents also need someone looking after their kids so they can work, it's a catch 22 in tough times with the way this world works and the economy, and bills and keeping a roof over your head, but let's hope they can get a little stricter on masks in school would be nice to see.

Actually, I think it'll be the teenagers where it'll be hardest to enforce.  They're more defiant (generally...there are always exceptions).  IMO, a mandatory mask policy could lead to some of our most vulnerable students (lower income, behavioural issues, etc) not showing up/getting kicked out for not wearing a mask.  I think that may be why the province is balking at implementing a mandatory mask policy because it could leave these students behind and if it goes on for close to a year, you'll lose some of those older students forever. 

Now, this could totally be my bias showing as the father of an 8 and 6 year olds that are super compliant and a teacher at an Alternative High School where many students are anything but.  That being said, I do support mandatory masks in schools and would hope what I said above would be wrong.  Just theorizing a possible reason why masks haven't been made mandatory yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, and Dr.B  / Horgan tell me i can't have my parents over to my house xmas morning for a coffee........

You can but you’re taking a massive risk in doing so.

Oh look! A a cloud! What kind of cloud is it Johnny?

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, and Dr.B  / Horgan tell me i can't have my parents over to my house xmas morning for a coffee........

It doesn't look like any of these folks are following the necessary rules either.  I wouldn't blame Dr.B and Horgan for that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2