The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

THerE's ScaRY ChEmiCalS iN THa VaCcInE!!!!!

strawberry593250b04cb1e422376acf90.jpg

Glad you're feeling comfortable with the vaccine.  So I assume you'll be getting the shot?  If so, should you feel so inclined, maybe share with the rest here on cdc as to how you felt after getting it.  E.g. side affects if any.

I'm not nearly a brave as you so would be much appreciated. ;)

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Glad you're feeling comfortable with the vaccine.  So I assume you'll be getting the shot?  If so, should you feel so inclined, maybe share with the rest here on cdc as to how you felt after getting it.  E.g. side affects if any.

I gladly will.  And I must say, I had my first ever flu shot this year and had a bit of a reaction but even that's not enough to scare me off.  This is a no brainer for me.  The unknowns still to be unearthed about this novel "corona virus" are much more fear inducing to me than a vaccine formulated by scientists in a lab to help prevent against it.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Millions of doses will have already been administered by the time that you or I get access to the shot.  Someone who has already got the shot is Sir Ian McKellen,  Gandalf and Magneto approves.

gandasdfsadfdownload.jpg

Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Millions of doses will have already been administered by the time that you or I get access to the shot.  Someone who has already got the shot is Sir Ian McKellen,  Gandalf and Magneto approves.

gandasdfsadfdownload.jpg

Yes... But I'd prefer hearing from posters here... The horses mouth so to speak.... 

4 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Yes... But I'd prefer hearing from posters here... The horses mouth so to speak.... 

Anecdotal evidence is alright, I guess.  However, there will be millions of data points (millions of people who will have already had the vaccine) that will give you the information to make an informed decision.  The number of severe allergic reactions, thus far, can be easily counted with your hands versus the million or so doses that have been administered.  Compare that to the 3000ish people who died yesterday in the US from Covid.  It is a no brainer which choice to take.  Anecdotal evidence or not.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Anecdotal evidence is alright, I guess.  However, there will be millions of data points (millions of people who will have already had the vaccine) that will give you the information to make an informed decision.  The number of severe allergic reactions, thus far, can be easily counted with your hands versus the million or so doses that have been administered.  Compare that to the 3000ish people who died yesterday in the US from Covid.  It is a no brainer which choice to take.  Anecdotal evidence or not.

I disagree... This isn't a 'no brainer'.  All the power to you, no judgement here.  It's very important that we all respect our different beliefs.  Judging or shaming others is not helping anything, just dividing.... We already have enough dividing going on.  If you get the vaccine then those that don't will no longer pose a risk to you so no reason to be frustrated or judgmental towards them.  I'm truly happy for you and others that choose the vaccine.  You'll be safe from getting and spreading.  You'll be at peace.  I believe condemnation also acts as a virus in our society (ultimately more destructive) and probably always will but we don't have to be part if that problem.  Like the vaccine, we have a choice, to judge and condemn or not. 

9 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

I disagree... This isn't a 'no brainer'.  All the power to you, no judgement here.  It's very important that we all respect our different beliefs.  Judging or shaming others is not helping anything, just dividing.... We already have enough dividing going on.  If you get the vaccine then those that don't will no longer pose a risk to you so no reason to be frustrated or judgmental towards them.  I'm truly happy for you and others that choose the vaccine.  You'll be safe from getting and spreading.  You'll be at peace.  I believe condemnation also acts as a virus in our society (ultimately more destructive) and probably always will but we don't have to be part if that problem.  Like the vaccine, we have a choice, to judge and condemn or not. 

"Everyone is entitled to their beliefs and/or opinions".  Thing is, not every belief is correct or right.  You can say that you believe that the Earth is flat, and you would be patently false.  That belief is incorrect and is based on evidence, not personal opinion. 

In decisions like this, critical thinking would dictate that taking the vaccine is a much better option than not and being at risk for getting Covid-19.  This is a conclusion based on data and evidence.  Facts don't care about your feelings as some have said.  Reals vs. feels.  

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

25 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

You get there has to be a high threshold of people getting the vaccine for it to work, right?  If a moderately high percentage of people refuse, then we're right back where we were........lockdowns, mask mandates, massive hits to the economy.

There's no "just respect my opinion on this" for people, other than medical exemptions, who don't want to get the vaccine.

This is, literally, a me vs we situation

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Personally, I'll be at the front of line with my sleeves rolled up as soon as its my turn.  I've had the flu shot every year for probably the last 8 or 9 years, biggest reaction I've had was a mild fever that lasted a day.  Had the two dose shingles vaccine last winter, sore arm both times and the second shot made me a bit sick for a 24 hour period. As a result I've not had any serious bouts of illness.  The potential long term effects of COVID scare the crap out of me, to say nothing of the Russian Roulette of whether it might kill me.  At the least I would hate to be sick and make someone else sick, that would be awful.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Story is wierdly written.

I can't tell if the coach was suspended for violating the rules in place at the time, or for violating rules that were put in place after his talk with the media.

Either way looks bad on the League.

It is wonky.

Sounds like the league didn't know what it should be doing. This guy pointed out some inconsistencies and he got in trouble. After that they put some procedures in place? They also think they shouldn't have to make any cases public and nobody can talk about it (gag order).

Not a good look at all, given that covid is obviously a massive health concern. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Fact:  fact is a fact until it's proven not to be a fact.  Truth is we don't know sh!t.  

I'll just leave this thread... Sorry, my fault for participating.

All the best to you(s).  

Actually I'm pretty sure a fact only becomes a fact after it is proven.

I digress.

Hope the numbers continue to decline but I really don't see the majority of people abiding by the "only your household" rule for Christmas and/or New years..

..so unfortunately, it's probably a fact that we are gonna take a huge step back in mid January in our fight against the Coronavirus.

:(

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1