The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

6 minutes ago, guntrix said:

There was no way to stop the new variant from getting into Canada (or anywhere for that matter). 

Of course there is/was....you ban travel.  Too late though. 

Not sure why the world hasn't done that....no one needs to travel right now.  There's this thing called the internet that connects us for business and other reasons.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Not sure why the world hasn't done that....no one needs to travel right now.  There's this thing called the internet that connects us for business and other reasons.

Because money is more important than lives

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

What about cargo? The virus has been proven to survive on surfaces for limited periods of time.

And what about those who operate it? Not everything in our supermarkets and stores comes from inside BC. 

It's impossible in this day and age to make the world stand completely still. 

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, guntrix said:

What about cargo? The virus has been proven to survive on surfaces for limited periods of time.

And what about those who operate it? Not everything in our supermarkets and stores comes from inside BC. 

It's impossible in this day and age to make the world stand completely still. 

The prominent spread/transmission is from face to face contact not surfaces. 

Not stand still completely....just not travel from place to place.  It's not impossible but likely is necessary.

• Vintage 1

Unless British Columbians are willing to subsist only on BC products, which I highly doubt, you’d still have to factor in people who drive the trucks, navigate ships, operate customs, work in logistics, etc. 

I wish it were as easy as limiting travel. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, guntrix said:

Unless British Columbians are willing to subsist only on BC products, which I highly doubt, you’d still have to factor in people who drive the trucks, navigate ships, operate customs, work in logistics, etc. 

When I say Albertans are still traveling here in large numbers I am not talking transport trucks. It is leisure travel. Also many businesses are encouraging it unfortunately as they only care about their bottom line. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, spur1 said:

When I say Albertans are still traveling here in large numbers I am not talking transport trucks. It is leisure travel. Also many businesses are encouraging it unfortunately as they only care about their bottom line. 

I agree. Wasn’t responding specifically to your post. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, spur1 said:

I'm worried the prospect of vaccination is going to make us lazy in the next two months and that could be bad.  Even with vaccines, I don't see the US getting this under control for a long time.  

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm worried the prospect of vaccination is going to make us lazy in the next two months and that could be bad.  Even with vaccines, I don't see the US getting this under control for a long time.  

Pretty sure they will hit over 400,000 deaths before all is said and done. 

• Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, guntrix said:

That's not the travel I'm talking about.  I'm talking about people going to visit other people.  Which is not necessary.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's not the travel I'm talking about.  I'm talking about people going to visit other people.  Which is not necessary.

I know 10-15 kids, from my school alone, whose families were going to Alberta for Xmas

• Wat 1