The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Well said. What this guy is clearly missing is I have long relationship with my sister. This is how she'll listen. Obviously the last 10 months of people trying to spread the message to average folks isn't working as well as I thought it would. I guarantee when her head clears up this morning she'll be on the web checking out what I said at the very least ...

well I sent her an article on how the vaccine works and how it doesn't even contain Covid at all, which seemed to be an underlying issue for her. She's smart but not at all with science.

its sad that the right and the anti-vaxxers have made it so normally sensible people start to doubt basic medical advice. Someone had to tell the truth, good for you. 

• Vintage 1

14 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Could be worse.  Could in a country where whistleblowers have a habit of falling out of windows for ‘mysterious reasons’.

Those were just accidents ok, no foul play involved, fake news trying to discredit Putin!

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Did not see that coming ... I generally come from a smart family.

I know how you feel. I have a very bright cousin who is Pro-Trump, Q-Annon, anti-mask, anti-vaccination, and right into the alternate web sites. No arguement works, it's all fake news, we are sheeple, show me your research (that's a good one). So sad.....

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wloutet said:

I know how you feel. I have a very bright cousin who is Pro-Trump, Q-Annon, anti-mask, anti-vaccination, and right into the alternate web sites. No arguement works, it's all fake news, we are sheeple, show me your research (that's a good one). So sad.....

Why am I laughing, like the emoticons available it's all I can do in this situation? :frantic: I'll wait for a completely deflated emoticon weeping uncontrollably. :rolleyes:

Edited by Gawdzukes

7 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Same here...extended family in Texas...same bullshiz! It's beyond frustrating!! 

The vaccine took two days to make.   It’s not current but old tech - the process takes time (approvals).   I’m sure anyone who had polio or even the chicken pox would have been over the moon not to have suffered through it.   Anti-vaccers and Covidiots that don’t want to or are worried about taking it are misinformed. Just look into into it.  The data is there if your open minded enough, why risk killing your grandparents or family that’s immune compromised.    If it didn’t hurt other people I’d say just don’t take it, the gene pool gets better with Darwin awards every year.   But it doesn’t count if you give it to others. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The vaccine took two days to make.   It’s not current but old tech - the process takes time (approvals).   I’m sure anyone who had polio or even the chicken pox would have been over the moon not to have suffered through it.   Anti-vaccers and Covidiots that don’t want to or are worried about taking it are misinformed. Just look into into it.  The data is there if your open minded enough, why risk killing your grandparents or family that’s immune compromised.    If it didn’t hurt other people I’d say just don’t take it, the gene pool gets better with Darwin awards every year.   But it doesn’t count if you give it to others. 

I've never seen so many seemingly intelligent people sucked into the rabbit hole the way so many are now.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Wilbur said:

Oh man, I knew TANG was hitting hard times but to create a plandemic in order to devise a vaccine that will make us buy TANG?!  That's some scary Deep State s%$&, right there.:frantic:

I know , right!

It's obvious he wants to destroy the human race. Just look at his 'inventions' ...each one of them can kill you.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I know , right!

It's obvious he wants to destroy the human race. Just look at his 'inventions' ...each one of them can kill you.

You know death by Cool Whip would be the worst, mainly because it seems the least threatening.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Me_ said:

99CAD355-54E5-4E82-9055-B94306A1FF9F.jpeg

But but ... but ... this guy looks really really smart.   MAYBE  he’s a 1%er that is in with what’s REALLY going on.  Add Tang, with Jello and Pop Rocks, it creates a vaccine for a virus they doesn’t exist yet, and also implants a mircochip in your DNA that can track your movements and connects automatically to your CCRA status so that the MAN can GET YOU. youtube fashion GIF

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2020 at 11:20 PM, CBH1926 said:

That’s just in my county in ONT.   unfortunately...guess this wasn’t a ruse after all.   And I live in a small town with 5k people.   Schools got it.  In-laws neighbours went to the hospital via ambulance and lost 25lbs fighting it.   But Boxing Day in Alberta looked like this... no joke - malls are open but it’s a LOCKDOWN.   I’m all for closing the Albertan border for my family and friends that still live there. black friday fighting GIF by South Park

Edited by IBatch

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Everyone is going to have their arguments for or against the vaccine, and we have to respect that. It's a new vaccine with limited data, and there's no arguing that. So let people decide for themselves if they want to get it or not. 

What we can't be OK with, however, is people comparing COVID to polio like you just did. I mean come on.. 

• Wat 1