The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

New Years is ruined. But my family has been 'distancing' this whole time and working from home, barely going anywhere. The risk was extremely low and because of that a handful of us got together for Christmas. #Perspective. It was great and it was everything I thought it could have been and should have been. The authoritarians around here won't appreciate that but I don't really care.

That's the attitude that's keeping this thing going in the wrong direction.

You should care.   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Let all of the public venues that are currently open and allowing people to mingle and interact with one another your thoughts and feelings. 

i don't agree they should be open, they should not.......not if we're serious about keeping this under control on Jan/Feb.  However, it is well known how this second wave is being transmitted and it ain't from retail outlets.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's the exception to the rule...where it's an unavoidable "gathering" under extreme circumstances.

I, too, am sorry for your loss and how difficult it must be during these restrictions.  My condolences to your family.

When I go to Dad's, I always wear a mask despite him saying "oh, you don't have to".  Yes I do.  And I social distance and stay for minimal periods because it's just how it has to be right now....no matter how tough.  The alternative would be much tougher.

I had my mask on for 17 hours on monday, save for a few mins to eat and drink

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Let all of the public venues that are currently open and allowing people to mingle and interact with one another your thoughts and feelings. 

They're NOT allowing people to mingle....which is why they'll likely take stricter measures in the near future.  Because when some people are given an inch, they take a mile.  They keep TRYING to give us something but people will use excuses to bend the rules and make their own.

I wouldn't brag about it or defiantly start name calling those who are making different decisions than you are.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Obviously. There's more than a handful politicians who were going to do this. So.. if you wanted to see a few friends for Christmas.. go for it. These assholes aren't playing by their own rules so why should you. 

Politicians have never been role models for me. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Quite the assumption there sparky. Please tell me how you can detect pre existing medical conditions through a photo.

You can't. However, it's a reasonable assumption that any pre-existing conditions would have been mentioned by one or more of the multiple outlets that have reported on this story...

.....they haven't been.....

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Obviously. There's more than a handful politicians who were going to do this. So.. if you wanted to see a few friends for Christmas.. go for it. These assholes aren't playing by their own rules so why should you. 

Seriously? :huh:

Some public figures are setting a bad example, so go ahead and follow it? That's your advice? :wacko:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

You reap what you sow it seems.  Campaigned against masks and social distancing as per this story

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/luke-letlow-covid-death-maskless-campaign-events/?fbclid=IwAR3e5bdw-g9cco-VgHdpuGVyypYkFFGTjIb4qfw7DREqM-nt-5JAnO1YF3g

Very sad; especially when I see how young his kiddies are. 

I don't understand why anyone attributes the wearing of a mask as having any negative effect on the economy.  The wearing of masks has been very common for people in many Asian countries long before Covid-19 came along. 

The greatest harm to the US economy is the allowing of the virus to get so far out of control. 

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

New Years is ruined. But my family has been 'distancing' this whole time and working from home, barely going anywhere. The risk was extremely low and because of that a handful of us got together for Christmas. #Perspective. It was great and it was everything I thought it could have been and should have been. The authoritarians around here won't appreciate that but I don't really care.

Good to know that you think you're more important than the rest of us, and that allows you to do whatever the hell you want. #Perspective

New Years is ruined, woe is me, there will never be another New Years! I am shedding a single tear for you.

You're such a big rebel! LOL

Confusing how people still have this type of attitude these days.. you think eventually they'd educate themselves..

• Cheers 3