The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

So, I don't know if this is fact, so it is more of a question...…...feel free to correct me! Plz!

But, let's just say there is a $1,000,000,000 dollars in the world...…... (who knows how much, but that isn't the point)

Now, there will no more money in the world tomorrow, than there was the day before...……(meaning it is basically a static amount)

So, as long as the money is moving, then there should be no economic down turn over all, and it is only if people start keeping their money,

that there is a big problem, so with the US fed/ US government keeps the money in the public, we are ok, monetarily wise?

So, once the Stock market see this, it should stabilize quickly

Does anyone want to weigh in on this for me?

Money is arbitrarily created through debt. Your fictitious number of money has 10-1000x that of debt to cover.

If you can't make money, you can't pay debt. There is a fine line for most companies and people to repay debt and day to day operational expenses.

6 weeks of reduced to no revenue destroy the system. Banks call loans (in theory) and the system collapses because the future money no longer exists to cover debt.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I find that, during something like this, we really get to see the character of some people. Those who don't feel well isolating, which is great. But then hearing of those that are sick and going on with life as usual. This is really irresponsible. It's also pretty disgusting to see some people hoarding everything, and then trying to sell it online, or just being selfish. "I'm saving myself, F*** you all", kind of attitude. 

Crisis reveals character, the good, the bad and the ugly.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, DonLever said:

How do you practice social distancing on public transit when you are packed in like sardines during rush hour?

Every time someone sneezes or coughs will spread the virus.

Fake a cough several times.  I'm pretty sure people around you will give you plenty of space.:lol:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I find that, during something like this, we really get to see the character of some people. Those who don't feel well isolating, which is great. But then hearing of those that are sick and going on with life as usual. This is really irresponsible. It's also pretty disgusting to see some people hoarding everything, and then trying to sell it online, or just being selfish. "I'm saving myself, F*** you all", kind of attitude. 

I agree with the sentiment but what if you just have a cold? It is winter time, some people deal with allergies or chronic congestion issues that leave them more susceptible to common sickness this time of year. Flu symptoms absolutely isolate or atleast call for a test. But if you have a bit of a stuffed nose do you need to stop going to work & isolate yourself for 2 weeks? :blink:

Its kind of a black & white take. Does anyone who doesn't feel 100% on any level need to isolate? Its not like we are doing mass testing where people can easily find out. According to people in this thread (the last time I was in here, anyways) it seems 811 is more concerned with people who have traveled or are in direct contact with those have traveled anyways.

As far as selfish hoarders, absolutely disgusting I agree 100%. Straight up pathetic. Those people will get theirs. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Pretty crazy that China is floating the idea that patient zero was a US army rep and suggesting it is a conspiracy. 

It's almost as if they're embarrassed that the entire world has had to pay for China's questionable gastronomical choices. 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

So, I don't know if this is fact, so it is more of a question...…...feel free to correct me! Plz!

But, let's just say there is a $1,000,000,000 dollars in the world...…... (who knows how much, but that isn't the point)

Now, there will no more money in the world tomorrow, than there was the day before...……(meaning it is basically a static amount)

So, as long as the money is moving, then there should be no economic down turn over all, and it is only if people start keeping their money,

that there is a big problem, so with the US fed/ US government keeps the money in the public, we are ok, monetarily wise?

So, once the Stock market see this, it should stabilize quickly

Does anyone want to weigh in on this for me?

Just remember for every seller there has to be a buyer. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Petey40 said:

Well guess that solves it! Forget what all the health experts around the world say. John mcafee the anti virus software creator says it’s a scam. Start it all back up everybody. 

There is a movie showing how crazy mcafee is.  Loonie.....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1