The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

"But I did a FB poll that told me I was a unicorn and therefore could not contract COVID"

or just plain selfishness. Oh we had a small gathering, how nice for people. Apparently they can see viruses. 

Whats really scary going forward is many of the covidiots ideas are going to get reinforced because they got away with their behaviour with no personal consequences. So next time this happens, and it will happen again, they'll be even harder to manage. 

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Are you sure? If he spares the details what are you and the covid cops going to talk about for days on end?

wow what a smart comment. You sure showed me. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

grow up sparky. Look at the behaviour in Fraser Health in particular. Yes people need policing because they are stupid and selfish. You know the.type. 

Edited by debluvscanucks
Removed by mod - trolling
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I see Tortorella's Rant is getting some frowned upon comments...I can almost guaranteed that this user was NOT the only one on the entire site who saw family over the holidays. Unfortunately not everyone is on the same page and never will be so this will linger for a while.The anti vaccine/mask folks and the refusal to stop all travel will only continue the spread of Covid. We should be in Maui right now ourselves but we aren't.

Has this been a frustrating time...hell yes, but people are going to do what they want in life regardless, so everybody needs to relax. Go smoke a joint, drink a bottle of wine, get drunk, have sex. Rinse and repeat people... drugs, booze and sex cure all!

Seeing a couple family members at Christmas is far less of an issue in my books than large gatherings(parties), weddings, eating indoors with complete strangers, refusing to wear masks, anti vacciners but I digress.

Good bye 2020, hello my 2021 Covid made child!

23 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Has this been a frustrating time...hell yes, but people are going to do what they want in life regardless, so everybody needs to relax. Go smoke a joint, drink a bottle of wine, get drunk, have sex. Rinse and repeat people... drugs, booze and sex cure all!

Seeing a couple family members at Christmas is far less of an issue in my books than large gatherings(parties), weddings, eating indoors with complete strangers, refusing to wear masks, anti vacciners but I digress.

until you kill them or they you or someone in your circle because you just couldn't suck it the hell up for a single holiday weekend and travelled from a hot zone to a safe zone, or safe zone to hot zone and potentially carry something with you.

It's this.  this inherent selfishness that is essentially screwing ALL of us over.  Go smoke, drink be a selfish douchebag.  It's not your business at risk.  You're not the one with underlying conditions.  Just wear a mask and wash your hands and change nothing else because it might inconvenience you.

This is 10% the issue with things.  

This is not an attack on you 86, please don't take it as one as I am just venting my frustration about an issue and mind set that is dominating my social media feed.  

This instead is on the masses as a whole who think like this.  My business lost $52k last year.  That's $52k out of my single, solely owned and operated pockets that I can't use to better my children's lives.  I cannot stomach another year of that and as things stand I already have almost a dozen cancellations in 2021 because of these ongoing tissues at an average of $2700 per cancellation.  My kids have not seen some of their friends since last spring and lost half a year of critical time in social upbringing through their formative years.

Nothing will change until this mentality ends and people just suck it the hell up and stop being so selfish.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

until you kill them or they you or someone in your circle because you just couldn't suck it the hell up for a single holiday weekend and travelled from a hot zone to a safe zone, or safe zone to hot zone and potentially carry something with you.

It's this.  this inherent selfishness that is essentially screwing ALL of us over.  Go smoke, drink be a selfish douchebag.  It's not your business at risk.  You're not the one with underlying conditions.  Just wear a mask and wash your hands and change nothing else because it might inconvenience you.

This is not an attack on you 86, please don't take it as one as I am just venting my frustration about an issue and mind set that is dominating my social media feed.  

This instead is on the masses as a whole who think like this.  My business lost $52k last year.  That's $52k out of my single, solely owned and operated pockets that I can't use to better my children's lives.  I cannot stomach another year of that and as things stand I already have almost a dozen cancellations in 2021 because of these ongoing tissues at an average of $2700 per cancellation.  My kids have not seen some of their friends since last spring and lost half a year of critical time in social upbringing through their formative years.

Nothing will change until this mentality ends and people just suck it the hell up and stop being so selfish.

True - not just you but even big businesses suffer which has either caused or will cause massive layoffs. Maybe then some people might look back and think maybe if they were so selfish or wouldn’t have lasted as long and they might have a job left 

4 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

True - not just you but even big businesses suffer which has either caused or will cause massive layoffs. Maybe then some people might look back and think maybe if they were so selfish or wouldn’t have lasted as long and they might have a job left 

I am staying home.  I am wearing a mask.  I am not going to eat out or visit people.  almost 7 months or more of this.

This is the LEAST amount of effort I need to put in to keep my business alive, ensure those that are essentially underemployed have jobs, that tens of thousands of small business owners like myself do not end up bankrupt.

I will not go out and drink the drink, smoke the smoke sex up the randoms etc because that inherent selfishness and me first attitude is why this crap is not going away and I'm staring down the barrel of another potential losing year for my business, another year of my kids possibly being put at risk in school or working from home losing that vital social time.

The same people committing to these selfish attitudes are the same ones whining about suicides through lockdowns, the high debt from subsidizing people and business losses.  Screw that. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/gop-congresswoman-elect-announces-positive-covid-19-test/ar-BB1cnRrw?ocid=msedgdhp

Florida Rep.-elect Maria Elvira Salazar joins a growing list of elected officials in the United States who have tested positive for COVID-19.

In a statement released to Twitter on Thursday, Salazar, a Republican, announced that she is "in quarantine at home & getting better each day."

"I hope that you can forgive me as I have been unable to communicate through social media, but I was diagnosed with COVID-19," Salazar wrote. "I look forward to hitting the ground running for my community, once it is medically permissible."

Salazar's statement noted that she is "following guidance from her doctors," and she applauded the work of healthcare workers in the area.

"I am incredibly thankful to the tireless front-line medical workers in our community, who help so many people combating the pandemic," Salazar added.

Salazar's positive test comes only days after Louisiana Rep.-elect Luke Letlow, 41, died of a heart attack after being diagnosed with COVID-19."

I'm not sure if it is a lack of reporting or my bias or just the way it is happening; however it seems like a lot of GOP people are getting Covid and not many Dem politicians?

Wonder if anyone is keeping a chart?

53 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Not to mention is has been trumpeted non stop that small gatherings in the home are fuelling the second wave.  I'm so sick of selfish people and shocked at how many there really are when the chips are fown

UK reports another record in daily Covid cases at 55,892 vs 50,023

Thu 31 Dec 2020 17:58:41 GMT

Previous record was Tuesday at 53,275

Previous record was Tuesday at 53,275
  • 964 dead vs 575 a day ago
The daily deaths are approaching the April peak of 1172.

I'm sympathetic to the argument that the new variant is more transmissible. Otherwise, it's very difficult to explain this spike despite the December lockdown. Other countries where they don't have this variant have seen a decline or slower growth.

South Africa has a similar variant and also has seen a rapid surge to a record 17,710 cases yesterday.