The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Be reminded that testing is likely also way down too....so this may not be the most accurate picture of things.

I've noticed that the active case numbers seem to be on a fairly steady decline as of late, which is promising, but that could again be due to reduced testing and/or reduced willingness to be tested.

Tragic to lose 8 more people - I remember back when we had stretches of days and days without a single death here in BC.

I hope that the virus starts to fade away and that the vaccine will give everyone the upper hand in getting rid of this plague.

• Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, ImConfused said:

I've noticed that the active case numbers seem to be on a fairly steady decline as of late, which is promising, but that could again be due to reduced testing and/or reduced willingness to be tested.

Tragic to lose 8 more people - I remember back when we had stretches of days and days without a single death here in BC.

I hope that the virus starts to fade away and that the vaccine will give everyone the upper hand in getting rid of this plague.

Sounds like reduced testing. What has changed between now and late November or a month ago? Nothing. 

• Wat 1
55 minutes ago, ImConfused said:

I haven't analyzed the hospital numbers over the same time period, but those wouldn't be effected by lower test numbers and would give a pretty good picture of how we're really doing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I haven't analyzed the hospital numbers over the same time period, but those wouldn't be effected by lower test numbers and would give a pretty good picture of how we're really doing.

Yeah I care more about the hospital and ICU numbers than the actual case numbers.  It tells a more accurate story.

• Like 1

Why quote an article from "The Independent"? Its owned by a Russian Oligarchy ( Evgeny Lebedev and the Saudi state, Sultan Muhammad Abuljadeyel....along with Justin Byam Shaw who was an employee of Lebedev and was sold 26% stake.) Sound a little fishy? If you honestly think that "The Independent" is truly independent then you should probably dig a little bit deeper. Lebedev and Boris Johnson the British prime Minister happen to be extremely chummy so if you don't think that paper has political leanings and agendas......

The truth is in the science and data studies and these have to be peer reviewed AND also make sense. People get paid off all the time......its the world we live in unfortunately. OSHA has rules about wearing PPE masks in work places but somehow they don't apply all of a sudden, explain that? If you touch your mask with your hand it is now contaminated and cross contamination is happening. The actual air you are breathing inside your mask becomes dangerous to breathe within a short period. The CO2 levels grow dangerously high....even up over 10k ppm. This causes major pulmonary issues and a whole host of other issues that impact a person's immune system negatively. 

The virus is literally 50-100 times smaller than the openings in your N95 masks when in aerosol form. Anthony Fauci himself wrote an entire article on the dangers of wearing masks. Recent studies in Germany using 35k test subjects have also highlighted the dangers of wearing masks.....especially with children. I am not anti-mask. I wear one in public and also happen to work daily in long-term care homes so safety is not lost on me.

I don't trust our media, politicians and the navy doctor they placed as a figurehead for this virus in BC. As far as the vaccine goes, all you have to do is read right from the company's website (Phizer, Moderna etc.)  Phizer in section 8.2 and 8.3 of their report has some scarey wording for instance. 

I don't claim to know what's going on but for some reason I get a bad feeling about this massive push for vaccination. It seems nefarious deep down inside so no thanks. 

When they aren't showing the influenza numbers or pneumonia figures and are trusting in a PCR test that can show up to 100% false positives something doesn't smell right. Of course the numbers are going through the roof....its January and PCR......

Everyone has to make their own decisions in the end and I will respect everyone's informed or uninformed decision because its ours and ours alone to make. I won't be pressured by the media, politicians or masses. My 2 cents. Keep reading and looking for truth.....its out there.

9 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

But unless it's rapid test, which is unreliable, how can you be sure the person hasn't contracted COVID in the time between taking the test and boarding the plane?

I think we can play the what if game all day.  I think the idea is 3 days before boarding, you atleast aren't positive at that time.  Theres nothing saying in those 3 more days plus plane ride you can't catch it, but being clean just prior gives a better chance of landing safely and not bringing something back.

• Hydration 1
5 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Be reminded that testing is likely also way down too....so this may not be the most accurate picture of things.

Also for the most part with more restrrictions theres less and less contact and chance of anything happen.  I don't know about you Deb but for me its home-work-grocery store are the only 3 places.  Work I feel really safe, as safe as my own home so really the only chance I would have to get tested would be suddenly if the grocery store someone got back to me and told me I needed to be tested from there and for the most part I think grocery stores are pretty well sanitized and cleaned at this point.  So the chances of anyone I know in my situation, we aren't likely to be tested since we can't visit other people, etc. now.

1 hour ago, Surfbali said:

Why quote an article from "The Independent"? Its owned by a Russian Oligarchy ( Evgeny Lebedev and the Saudi state, Sultan Muhammad Abuljadeyel....along with Justin Byam Shaw who was an employee of Lebedev and was sold 26% stake.) Sound a little fishy? If you honestly think that "The Independent" is truly independent then you should probably dig a little bit deeper. Lebedev and Boris Johnson the British prime Minister happen to be extremely chummy so if you don't think that paper has political leanings and agendas......

The truth is in the science and data studies and these have to be peer reviewed AND also make sense. People get paid off all the time......its the world we live in unfortunately. OSHA has rules about wearing PPE masks in work places but somehow they don't apply all of a sudden, explain that? If you touch your mask with your hand it is now contaminated and cross contamination is happening. The actual air you are breathing inside your mask becomes dangerous to breathe within a short period. The CO2 levels grow dangerously high....even up over 10k ppm. This causes major pulmonary issues and a whole host of other issues that impact a person's immune system negatively. 

The virus is literally 50-100 times smaller than the openings in your N95 masks when in aerosol form. Anthony Fauci himself wrote an entire article on the dangers of wearing masks. Recent studies in Germany using 35k test subjects have also highlighted the dangers of wearing masks.....especially with children. I am not anti-mask. I wear one in public and also happen to work daily in long-term care homes so safety is not lost on me.

I don't trust our media, politicians and the navy doctor they placed as a figurehead for this virus in BC. As far as the vaccine goes, all you have to do is read right from the company's website (Phizer, Moderna etc.)  Phizer in section 8.2 and 8.3 of their report has some scarey wording for instance. 

I don't claim to know what's going on but for some reason I get a bad feeling about this massive push for vaccination. It seems nefarious deep down inside so no thanks. 

When they aren't showing the influenza numbers or pneumonia figures and are trusting in a PCR test that can show up to 100% false positives something doesn't smell right. Of course the numbers are going through the roof....its January and PCR......

Everyone has to make their own decisions in the end and I will respect everyone's informed or uninformed decision because its ours and ours alone to make. I won't be pressured by the media, politicians or masses. My 2 cents. Keep reading and looking for truth.....its out there.

Complains about a source.  Doesn't qoute the post where this troublesome source was posted.

Then goes on a rant and provides not one source.  Not one.

Ok sparky.  Two things. 

1) What qualifies as a legitimate source? Provide us with your methodology for determining what is a legitimate source.  Examples would be nice.

2) Give us some sources for the information you presented in your rant.  You mention a report, but don't provide us the specifics to which one.  It isn't our responsibility to figure out where you got your information, let alone which page/section you got it from.  That is your responsibility. 

• Hydration 2
On 12/30/2020 at 9:44 PM, UnkNuk said:

I'm wondering what the back story is.   Why would a person remove 500 doses of the vaccine?  Was he/she trying to steal them?  And why would they eventually admit to wrong-doing after the company initially seems to have bought the story that it was an accident?

That answers that.   Sounds like a very troubled individual.

***********************************************************************************************************************

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-pharmacist-accused-of-tampering-with-vaccine-was-admitted-conspiracy-4/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Coronavirus Update&utm_content=2021-1-5_20&utm_term=Coronavirus Update: Canada falls behind on vaccine rollout, prompting doctors to sound the alarm &utm_campaign=newsletter&cu_id=t7%2BP3rI%2Bt%2FYx5Iui%2B6yRZxVYYZ6TE%2BGK

A pharmacist who was arrested on charges that he intentionally sabotaged more than 500 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at a Wisconsin hospital was “an admitted conspiracy theorist” who believed the vaccine could harm people and “change their DNA,” according to the police in Grafton, Wisconsin, where the man was employed.

The prosecutor, Adam Gerol, said that Brandenburg was “pretty co-operative and admitted to everything he’d done,” and that “he expressed that he was under great stress because of marital problems.” He said that according to co-workers, Brandenburg had brought a gun to work on two prior occasions.

• Vintage 1

lets hope more people take it seriously.. so we dont have to do a total shutdown again..

i just recovered from covid 3 weeks ago..  first symptom u notice is you lose smell and taste..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
3 hours ago, Surfbali said:

The independent is left leaning and certainly not chummy with the Conservative party. The evening standard was pro boris in the London mayoral elections and he does have a personal friendship with Boris Johnson but the independent clearly isn’t which shows he is willing to let the editorial approach run its course without to much meddling. 

if you look for scary things you will find them. It’s about risk management and weighing things up.  With the vaccines I am a little bit more worried about long term issues that may arise due to the short period of trials before hand, but that’s not because I believe there is some sort of conspiracy with the vaccine, just that there are still a number of unknowns. However while I have those concerns it will not stop me getting it, as the more people that get it the quicker we can get back to a level of normality. The quicker the economy recovers and those who have lost jobs will be able to find jobs being created in a post covid environment. The quicker people can fill the gaps in the market from the multiple collapsing businesses. 

With masks unless you are wearing a sealed unit with no vent (which I doubt because that basically a plastic bag over the head) there is always enough airflow. Only if you are wearing an N95 or equivalent and also have severe respiratory issues would you come close to getting problems with them. Uncomfortable yes, dangerous no. With cloth masks it’s a complete none issue. Air can move both through and around the mask as it’s not sealed. This means there isn’t a lack of oxygen or build up of C02. What a cloth mask does is reduce the particle flow while exhaling. It does nothing for stopping incoming.  This is why everyone needs to wear it to be effective.  

so while I don’t fully trust politicians and think some of their decisions have been poor, some have been good. I do not think there is some sort of mass conspiracy out there. Generally speaking you can know what a politicians political leanings are and can gauge the responses they will make based on their ideology and also have pragmatic/dogmatic they are. If you elect a government that favours small government and a hands off approach its likely during a time of crisis this is the style they will adapt. They may bring in some restrictions but most will be guidance and get on with your life(aka the American approach) 

if you elect an ex chemist who is known to be pragmatic, consultative and used to having to make compromise to govern, you get a response that is measured, with some restrictions based in law, and then following of scientific advice (aka Germany).

the fact that quite conservative politicians which are in power and have a arms distance approach is not a sign of the virus being some hoax, or not as severe it’s a sign of their governance style 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Sounds like reduced testing. What has changed between now and late November or a month ago? Nothing. 

Clearly nothing's changed for you, Mr. "a handful of us got together for Christmas because the risk was extremely low".

;):emot-parrot:;)

But yeah. It's likely or at least possible that there's a bunch of untested and therefore unknown active cases - assumedly because people don't want to risk getting tested and having to inconvenience themselves with things like public health orders, quarantining, and general empathy for their fellow man (oops, person*, sorry PC police).

Say, on that note, did any of you get tested after your illegal gathering? I'd be glad to hear that you were correct in your judgment that the risk was low and that nobody was infected.

Stay safe out there and keep your stick on the ice kids! Let's shut out that Coronavirus like USA shut us out in the world juniors :(

• Vintage 1
8 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

lets hope more people take it seriously.. so we dont have to do a total shutdown again..

i just recovered from covid 3 weeks ago..  first symptom u notice is you lose smell and taste..

You ok now? Any long term effects? Sorry to hear that. 

On 1/4/2021 at 5:56 PM, Amaneey said:

How does that explain hospitals putting patients in tents, hallways, gift shops? How does that explain ICUs being overcapacity or states running out of ICU beds? As someone who has worked in healthcare for the 9 years, ive never seen anything like this before.

Not sure where you live but we have always had people in the hallways etc in our hospital .... that is until this pandemic now the hallways are empty? hmmm.

• Wat 1
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic