The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

It's true that the CCP is authoritarian.

I imagine they would come down pretty hard on any doctor or scientist who contradicted the 'official' number of cases and deaths reported by the government.

Well they sure screwed over the first Doctor that warned people.

Hopefully doctors can stay away from windows, especially if traveling to Russia; another country whose numbers are suspect.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

It's true that the CCP is authoritarian.

I imagine they would come down pretty hard on any doctor or scientist who contradicted the 'official' number of cases and deaths reported by the government.

Just look at the doctor who discovered and became the whistleblower.  Didn't they end up jailing him and he eventually died because he didn't get any treatment for covid or something along those lines?

1 minute ago, nux4lyfe said:

It's been about 4 days now and I'm feeling a tad bit better..All the C symptoms are there but I hope it's just the common cold..I'm genuinely a healthy guy but what worries me is that I am an asthmatic ...Self isolated in my man cave.

You should get tested. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

It's been about 4 days now and I'm feeling a tad bit better..All the C symptoms are there but I hope it's just the common cold..I'm genuinely a healthy guy but what worries me is that I am an asthmatic ...Self isolated in my man cave.

Get well soon, Nux4....I need someone to cross swords with occasionally and ever since Strome got the boot, I'm behind on my quota....:)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Here's an image to get ya pumped up for the test (nasal swab).  Yes, it feels like they're trying to scrub your brain.

nosetotalrecallimage.jpg

Reminds me of Brent Butt on 1040 talking about getting a rectal exam....”I didn’t mind it at first but it was like he was trying to get the last pickle out of the jar.”

• Haha 3

I know 2 different families now that were infected, both early 50's, young adult kids brought it home.  One mom was asthmatic and lots of allergies.  Mild cases all round, one mom lost sense of taste and smell for about 9 days but other symptoms were much like a mild cold.  Her husband got more flu like symptoms but all recovered quite quickly.  Wonder when scientists will figure out what it is that causes the more severe infections and cytokine attacks so they can develop better treatments and reduce the risk.  Right now it seems to be a bit like Russian Roulette. 

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

I'm seeing more and more people my age posting anti COVID lockdown stuff on their socials.  Surprisingly enough even some people who I thought were extremely progressive, and left-leaning are sharing this stuff too.

Covid fatigue. 

1 hour ago, BoKnows said:

I'm seeing more and more people my age posting anti COVID lockdown stuff on their socials.  Surprisingly enough even some people who I thought were extremely progressive, and left-leaning are sharing this stuff too.

I am always wondering- what does it mean “progressive”?

1 minute ago, Silent Man said:

I am always wondering- what does it mean “progressive”?

Calling her a progressive because she advocates for police reform, redistribution of wealth, higher minimum wage, etc.  Whenever I see someone advocating for stuff conservatives aren't advocating for I call them a progressive.

• Cheers 1