The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Funny how a novel corona virus would mean playing catch up on the run meaning things are constantly changing. Perhaps you should walk a mile in their shoes before flapping your lips?

Who's shoes? Vaccines are for old variants already spread, just like the flu. You will NEVER get out ahead of it. 

Not unless you legit lock the world down for 2 month, even then unlikely. 

27 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Why? I hug my kids, see my kids, see my parents and grandparents and none of us have been sick. 

You can't explain something that has not happened to us, at all. 

Hey, lightning might strike you and kill you so don't see your family or hug your kids?

We are wearing masks in public and enjoying our lives. 

Sometimes I`m like...I wonder why this is all taking so long?

Then I read opinions like this.

No really ripping you that much. Lighting has struck our family 4 times, we think it was our niece who couldn't resist going to see her birth father for his birthday. Like you said, some people just have to go and hug families etc... to the detriment of all of us. She should have known better too, we have already lost 2 family friends back in England to this 'flu'.

Anyway, carry-on I'm off to play golf in a thunder storm. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 3

46 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Why? It's just gonna happen later and later. You can't hide from the flu or a virus. The shots you get are for already spread variants. This is madness.

Look at you getting all science-y

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Who's shoes? Vaccines are for old variants already spread, just like the flu. You will NEVER get out ahead of it. 

I/we would L O V E to see your sources for this.  Somehow, I feel a YouTube video forthcoming.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GetFocht said:

Here, I'll help with a simple search and the top two results.  You can use these two to help start a trip down the rabbit hole.  There has been, as of current information, no variant that the current batch of vaccines has ZERO effectiveness on.  And any vaccine for any new COVID variant can easily be produced with mRNA vaccines (companies are already working on boosters).  Moderna was able to design the prototype of their vaccine within two weeks (of receiving the sequence of the spike protein) and a they had a vaccine candidate for trail in 63 days.  So, in less than 3 months.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/371/6534/1116.1

Vaccine efficacy probable against COVID-19 variants

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00370-6/fulltext

SARS-CoV-2 variants and ending the COVID-19 pandemic

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GetFocht said:

Playing stupid is only making you look more foolish.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I/we would L O V E to see your sources for this.  Somehow, I feel a YouTube video forthcoming.

Kinda has the feel of someone who's been here before spouting the same $&!#, doesn't it?

Edited by Cerridwen
sp
  • Cheers 2

22 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Its something, I still wonder if they are going to max out those stretches inbetween doses still.  

Canada was supposed to be involved in the CanSino vaccine. But politics killed it. (Can= Canada, Sino= China). Now I get the name. "The Tianjin-based company, whose name reflects the Canadian and Chinese backgrounds of the four scientists who set it up with their personal savings nine years ago" 

https://www.scmp.com/business/article/2156867/chinese-vaccine-maker-cansino-faces-tough-ipo-sell-wake-changsheng-bio

It's an adenovirus vector based vaccine, like Janssen, AstraZeneca, and Sputnik V.   Single shot. Phase 1 and 2 were completed last year in China. Phase 3 was supposed to start in Canada last summer. Factory in Montreal. What a shame.  

https://ipolitics.ca/2021/03/12/a-waste-of-a-lot-of-time-researcher-in-cansino-deal-shares-new-details/

Edited by Jaimito
  • Vintage 2

Quebec, at 10,535, has more deaths from covid than any other province; but some people must not be aware of that.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/thousands-protest-pandemic-health-measures-in-montreal/ar-BB1eyraM?ocid=msedgntp

Several thousand people marched on Saturday afternoon against lockdown measures enforced by the Quebec government as part of its COVID-19 response.

Protesters assembled around 12:30 p.m. at the intersection of McGill College and Sherbrooke Street, not far from the Montreal office of Premier François Legault.

Montreal police had a strong presence at the protest and made multiple arrests.

"From the beginning, we had police officers who intervened, made arrests and gave out fines for violation of health measures," said Montreal police spokesperson Manuel Couture.

Police are expected to release the number of arrests and tickets handed out by end of day.

As protesters moved through the streets they chanted slogans of "Liberty" and "Legault in prison."

While the march was mostly peaceful, police say some protesters threw projectiles at officers as the event was winding down.

Police confirm they used pepper spray to push back and disperse the small group.

• Sad 1

On 3/13/2021 at 8:29 AM, GetFocht said:

Based on what? This has been the longest two weeks to stop the spread of anything I have ever heard of. 

The experts haven't gotten 1 thing right on this. Not the timing, how it's spread nothing. 

We had a 112 day shutdown at one stage last year.

No leaving home and only travelling 5 km with only four reasons allowing you to do so.

Shopping for goods or essential services.

Work or study if you can't from home.

Seeking or giving care.

For excercise 1 hour a day.

All business's apart from essential services were shutdown.

It was painful but it worked.

Our state government's biggest failure was in contract tracing which caused the big 2nd and minor 3 Rd wave.

• Upvote 2

My 85 year old neighbour got her shot Saturday.  She showed up at the correct time and then had to wait in line for over 2.5 hours.

She said one older gentleman fell down due to standing too long....

Seems kinda harsh to expect 85-90 yr olds to wait in line for 2-3 hours.....    

There must be a better way.

#BrokenBC

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

My 85 year old neighbour got her shot Saturday.  She showed up at the correct time and then had to wait in line for over 2.5 hours.

#BrokenBC

May seem kind of harsh and there probably could be a better way right. But she got the shot and had to wait. I know the younger generation needs everything here now on a platter. But sometimes we have to endure lineups wait our turn and be part of the bigger picture.

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

#BrokenBC

I wonder why they have to stand? Is it too difficult to arrange sitting ?

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

May seem kind of harsh and there probably could be a better way right. But she got the shot and had to wait. I know the younger generation needs everything here now on a platter. But sometimes we have to endure lineups wait our turn and be part of the bigger picture.

our politicians should be fired for the role out

19 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

#BrokenBC

What clinic was it?  I am planning to go to the south surrey park and ride when it's my turn.  I will bring my lunch and do some work in the car.  

7 hours ago, shayster007 said:

I'm a healthcare worker, and I just got my first dose of the covid vaccination. This is a call to anyone struggling. We are inching closer and closer every day to a return to the real world. Everyone just buckle down for a few more months, we got this. We will beat this, and we will be better for it.

I love you all, and everyone stay safe.

Kinda pathetic it's taken you this long to get it.