The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/when-will-b-c-resume-vaccinations-for-frontline-workers-update-coming-next-week-1.5372290

Henry suggested Johnson & Johnson's single-dose vaccine, which is not expected to arrive in Canada until the end of April, could be the key to getting frontline workers back in the queue.”

She also alluded to the Novavax vaccine, which has yet to be approved in Canada, as a possible candidate for those workers.”

Doesn’t sound like teachers are getting protected anytime soon. 

21 minutes ago, Nucksownyou said:

Why the hell is Canada taking so long with the vaccines?

It’s due to the delay awhile back in receiving the vaccines from Europe. Also, there’s been a pause on the Astra-Zeneca vaccine while reports of bloodclots are confirmed or not. 

Canada is receiving millions of doses in the weeks ahead. 

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

Interesting bit about the Pfizer vaccine, had not heard that before.

Probably because of the political and then media pile on on AZ. 

the fact that it’s been supplied at cost and not for profit probably doesn’t sit well with German and American Pharmaceutical companies. There is a lot of vaccine nationalism going on out there 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/nov/23/oxford-astrazeneca-results-covid-vaccine-developing-countries

just like we don’t see much of the issues of Pfizer shortfalls in production (in the EU) when they happen (and they did massively early on)!

Also to note the AstraZenicca isn’t in the vaccine business as they are predominantly a cancer treatment company.  The vaccine was developed by the university of Oxford and AZ while they contributed slightly to that are predominantly just the manufacturing part of it. They have had to make massive investments in order to product this and to some degree are learning the hard way about vaccine supply chains and that yield isn’t consistent. 

the EU seems to have wanted a scapegoat for their failure and while AZ hasn’t been perfect they seem to have been smacked around a bit because of this. 

When my turn comes I’ll take whatever vaccine that’s given to me. 

Edited by UKNuck96
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Probably because of the political and then media pile on on AZ. 

the fact that it’s been supplied at cost and not for profit probably doesn’t sit well with German and American Pharmaceutical companies. There is a lot of vaccine nationalism going on out there 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/nov/23/oxford-astrazeneca-results-covid-vaccine-developing-countries

just like we don’t see much of the issues of Pfizer shortfalls in production (in the EU) when they happen (and they did massively early on)!

Also to note the AstraZenicca isn’t in the vaccine business as they are predominantly a cancer treatment company.  The vaccine was developed by the university of Oxford and AZ while they contributed slightly to that are predominantly just the manufacturing part of it. They have had to make massive investments in order to product this and to some degree are learning the hard way about vaccine supply chains and that yield isn’t consistent. 

the EU seems to have wanted a scapegoat for their failure and while AZ hasn’t been perfect they seem to have been smacked around a bit because of this. 

When my turn comes I’ll take whatever vaccine that’s given to me. 

30 cases in the UK in 18.1 million doses.  Statistically I believe that's far lower than in the general population.

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Vaccines will have side effects, just like anti depressants, diabetes medicine, anti anxiety, contraceptives, steroids, pain killers, blood thinners etc.

Exactly. Mine only resulted in some minor swelling....

Spoiler

Sculptor creates a mutant 'concept human' to survive car crashes (and he's  horrifying) | Dangerous Minds

• Haha 4

FFS! :angry: This is just going to give the anti-maskers more ammunition.....:picard:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/health-canada-issues-recall-for-disposable-masks-with-graphene/ar-BB1fgMuP?li=AAggNb9

Disposable face masks containing potentially toxic graphene particles are being recalled.

Health Canada issued the notice on Friday and said wearers could inhale graphene, which may be dangerous for the lungs.

Masks containing graphene may have been distributed in some health-care facilities.

More in the link.

• Sad 1

“Ninety British Columbians are in intensive care. The remaining people with COVID-19 are recovering at home in self-isolation.

"Since we last reported, we have had 709 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Coastal Health region, 1,052 new cases in the Fraser Health region, 147 in the Island Health region, 149 in the Interior Health region, 33 in the Northern Health region and no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada.

“To date, 856,801 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C., 87,455 of which are second doses.

(From Adrian Dix ^)

• Sad 1