The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

16 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Dr Henry:  "As you can see, today's new case number is 1262, which is down from yesterday's 1293.  Therefore, we are trending down now.  No new restrictions are required.  Oh, and covid doesn't transmit within schools, so children are safe.  Don't worry about it.  Have a great weekend.  I'll see you all next week some time."

/s

• Haha 1

Vaccine rolling along nicely in Canada.  Here's an article on how Canada is doing compared to other countries.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-vaccine-rollout-data-1.5980588

Much rather have the 1st dose spread across the adult population.  That way there's a much broader number of people protected in a much shorter timeframe.  1st dose only of Pfhizer or Moderna have a higher efficacy than any of the other vaccines.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Vaccine rolling along nicely in Canada.  Here's an article on how Canada is doing compared to other countries.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-vaccine-rollout-data-1.5980588

Much rather have the 1st dose spread across the adult population.  That way there's a much broader number of people protected in a much shorter timeframe.  1st dose only of Pfhizer or Moderna have a higher efficacy than any of the other vaccines.

nice to see some facts about our roll out vs the spin saying we're "48th in the world" or whatever that was. We're doing very well for a country with no vaccine producing capability. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

nice to see some facts about our roll out vs the spin saying we're "48th in the world" or whatever that was. We're doing very well for a country with no vaccine producing capability. 

I expect the spin doctors to start using our fully vaccinated numbers to compare us to other countries.  

Canada had an incredible day across the board today.

https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html

BC 40018

Canada 302547

Edited by BCNeil
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

For sure Jimmy.  By Canada Day every adult in BC (and likely Canada) will have had their 1st jab. That's really fantastic.

Oh yea...I'm pretty sure BC was the first to decide to go that route.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe this is why people are particularly snarky today. Everyone is predicting a lockdown. Stay safe everyone. 

So glad we are easing up over here, but still a long way to go and I do expect the brakes to be hit soon. With Easter just gone with eased restrictions I expect a spike, also the focus is on second jabs atm so we will get a slight lag in first vaccinated numbers. Coupled with the AZ shortfall hitting stocks. I think the next big test over here will be the may bank holidays and half term holidays 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I expect the spin doctors to start using our fully vaccinated numbers to compare us to other countries.  

Canada had an incredible day across the board today.

https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html

BC 40018

Canada 302547

They already have a few pages back.:sadno:

Things are really picking up.  They are starting to get their requested amount of vaccines and are getting very effective at rolling them out.  I think in BC they have completed the age cycle before the intended Canada Day.  It's a life-threatening race against time (escalating infection rate).

5 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

So glad we are easing up over here, but still a long way to go and I do expect the brakes to be hit soon. With Easter just gone with eased restrictions I expect a spike, also the focus is on second jabs atm so we will get a slight lag in first vaccinated numbers. Coupled with the AZ shortfall hitting stocks. I think the next big test over here will be the may bank holidays and half term holidays 

My nephew is working in London glad he’s getting vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

What are people's best guesses?  What's the number that triggers a lockdown?  Do you think we'll lockdown at all?

Highly doubt it, our provincial leaders have their heads DEEP in the sand.

4 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

No lockdown at all

Same old [inserts nice old granny voice] "we've got to do our part, stay safe, for the community.  Karens and protestors need their rights, the rest of you be damned.  We'll talk big with buzzwords about enforcement and fine select partiers to make them an example, and restaurants, gyms and other facilities without problems need to close to make us look like we're doing something... but schools need to stay open cuz it's safer than being at home... because I'm illogical Dr. BH."  Buckle up folks, who knows what other nonsense this gov't will spew next.

Edited by Phil_314

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/expired-covid-19-vaccine-given-out-at-metro-vancouver-pharmacy
Save-on-Foods has confirmed that pharmacy in one of its Burnaby locations administered expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to 10 recent customers.

In a statement, Save-on-Foods told Daily Hive that the doses – which were given out on April 5 – had an expiration date of April 2.

“As soon as we discovered the error, we immediately began contacting the impacted clients and making the appropriate disclosures and reports to the professional bodies,” the company said. “We have sincerely apologized to these customers who were impacted.”

Save-On-Foods noted that in light of this incident, it has take steps to “tighten, refine and reinforce our operational processes and related guidelines to ensure this remains an isolated incident.”
The company also stressed that it understands the concern with receiving an expired vaccine “is the relative effectiveness of the vaccine.”

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

What are people's best guesses?  What's the number that triggers a lockdown?  Do you think we'll lockdown at all?

I'd be surprised if there's a lockdown.  I forget when exactly, but it was before Christmas and we were advised to get into the habit of taking our computers home just in case we had to do the whole online school thing again.  Haven't heard peep about that as we head into a 3rd wave.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'd be surprised if there's a lockdown.  I forget when exactly, but it was before Christmas and we were advised to get into the habit of taking our computers home just in case we had to do the whole online school thing again.  Haven't heard peep about that as we head into a 3rd wave.

We're in uncharted territory at this post my and highly infectious variants raging as well.  My lack of faith in this government is telling me they won't lock down no matter what, logic is telling me if it keeps rising they have no choice

If they do lock down, I feel they'll keep schools open though

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

We're in uncharted territory at this post my and highly infectious variants raging as well.  My lack of faith in this government is telling me they won't lock down no matter what, logic is telling me if it keeps rising they have no choice

If they do lock down, I feel they'll keep schools open though

You may see schools close in communities where infections are worst (say Surrey), otherwise, I agree, highly doubt we see province wide closures unless hospital numbers get way worse.