The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

We're in uncharted territory at this post my and highly infectious variants raging as well.  My lack of faith in this government is telling me they won't lock down no matter what, logic is telling me if it keeps rising they have no choice

If they do lock down, I feel they'll keep schools open though

You may see schools close in communities where infections are worst (say Surrey), otherwise, I agree, highly doubt we see province wide closures unless hospital numbers get way worse.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

What are people's best guesses?  What's the number that triggers a lockdown?  Do you think we'll lockdown at all?

Hospitalization rates, esp ICU. You can increase more bed capacity but there won't be enough healthcare providers to staff it, unless you want a dermatologist intubating you or a podiatrist titrating your heart medications. 

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Hospitalization rates, esp ICU. You can increase more bed capacity but there won't be enough healthcare providers to staff it, unless you want a dermatologist intubating you or a podiatrist titrating your heart medications. 

Exactly! Not to mention it puts a serious strain on other non-covid ICU.

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

In addition some areas are running low on drugs like Tocilizumab used in treatment of critically and moderately ill patients. Dosage has been recommended to be cut in half and only given once rather than the previous two doses.

TORONTO - An expert group is recommending Ontario clinicians ration doses of a drug used to treat COVID-19 as a supply shortage coincides with a third wave of infections that’s sending more patients into intensive care.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, stawns said:

What are people's best guesses?  What's the number that triggers a lockdown?  Do you think we'll lockdown at all?

No lock down. 

Money more valued than health unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

No lock down. 

Money more valued than health unfortunately.

And none do that better than loathsome Justin Turdeww. He and his thoughtless government have allowed flights to continue unabated during a pandemic. This is what brought in the variants.

The feds aren’t here to help, folks. They see dollar signs before life lines. I’d love to have an hour with some of these shills. 

• Hydration 3

Probably should have done a lockdown already it's to late for it to work in bc 

Federal government vis just gonna &^@# it up by letting everyone in.

Screenshot_20210409-204417.png

Edited by Violator
  • Vintage 1
1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And none do that better than loathsome Justin Turdeww. He and his thoughtless government have allowed flights to continue unabated during a pandemic. This is what brought in the variants.

The feds aren’t here to help, folks. They see dollar signs before life lines. I’d love to have an hour with some of these shills. 

Seth Meyers Crying GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Just now, stawns said:

I don't disagree with the flights, but other than that the feds have been ok.  Most of the reponsibility falls on provinces

3 hours ago, Roger Rabby said:

Exactly! Not to mention it puts a serious strain on other non-covid ICU.

We had dentists, podiatrists and NHS admin/finance staff manning wards in the UK since the first lockdown, freed up the nurses and doctors with the relevant skills to tackle COVID. 

• Hydration 1

Just curious, is "herd immunity" a thing anymore?

What I find interesting is that there are many different jurisdictions with many different rules.... some with full lockdown like Quebec, half-way measures like BC, random rules like the US, or more or less nothing in Japan (they had a national travel promotion a while back).... but the number of covid per capita for each place are still random.  

42 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Just curious, is "herd immunity" a thing anymore?

What I find interesting is that there are many different jurisdictions with many different rules.... some with full lockdown like Quebec, half-way measures like BC, random rules like the US, or more or less nothing in Japan (they had a national travel promotion a while back).... but the number of covid per capita for each place are still random.  

Herd immunity is a thing as as you get through the vaccination once you hit a critical mass it starts to make a difference 

• Hydration 2
1 hour ago, Roger Rabby said:

Well most things are provincial except vaccine rollout and air traffic that's federal and it hasn't really been ok.

I agree about flights, no question.  The feds don't roll out the vaccine, they supply it for provinces to roll out and they've been ahead of the schedule they announced in Nov.  Most issues have been out of their control.

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree about flights, no question.  The feds don't roll out the vaccine, they supply it for provinces to roll out and they've been ahead of the schedule they announced in Nov.  Most issues have been out of their control.

Yes the provinces give the vaccines but the feds supply them which hasn't been fast enough. Provinces can't go it alone as far as vaccines go. I believe most provinces have had to wait on vaccines from the feds. Politics aside Canada's vaccine rollout hasn't been good enough. 

3 minutes ago, Roger Rabby said:

Yes the provinces give the vaccines but the feds supply them which hasn't been fast enough. Provinces can't go it alone as far as vaccines go. I believe most provinces have had to wait on vaccines from the feds. Politics aside Canada's vaccine rollout hasn't been good enough. 

What exactly did you expect from a country who doesn't produce vaccines?  Perhaps the expectations are the problem.  In November they said it was going to be late 2021 before we were all done and we're ahead of that schedule.