The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

On 4/17/2021 at 3:02 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Got lucky. Apparently there was no more drop in testing but it didn’t say that on google. They tested me anyway. Swab went like 4 inches up my nose. My nose was runny though so probably worse if it was dry.  

Results within 24-48 hours. 

I've heard it being called "brain scraping" because that's what it feels like. At least it's quick. I'm registered now for my shot. I guess it will be in May. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I've heard it being called "brain scraping" because that's what it feels like. At least it's quick. I'm registered now for my shot. I guess it will be in May. 

The sensation is a  bit more like when you get water into your nose when swimming. 

2 hours ago, Violator said:

Don't think I will have time to get mine done before I go back to camp.

Don't know what your age group is, but ON just lowerd AZ to 40+.   I suspect BC will follow.  QC likely will.

Health Canada approved the vaccine for 18+.  Each province can do what they see fit. NACI provides recommendations in the context of availability of other vaccines.  They met twice last week and likely will lower the age group recommendation too. 

The age limit is basically placed based on estimate of benefit vs risk ratio, which is higher for older people.  But as many have said, based on UK and EU data, no clear risk factors was identified even though most cases were young female.  Case in point, two cases of VITT in Canada were both 55+, one male and one female.  2 cases out of 700,000+ doses administered so far. That is in line with estimates of 4/million by Health Canada. UK is now doing 30+. 

The good thing is now drs are made aware of this and know how to diagnose and treat this.  Both cases in Canada were diagnosed in time and treated, and are both now recovering at home. 

In places where virus exposure risk is high, the benefit of this vaccine far outweighs the risks. 

20210408_092150.jpg

Edited by Jaimito

All B.C. adults to be able to register for COVID-19 vaccine by Friday

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/04/19/b-c-adults-register-covid-vaccine-friday/

Oh, forgot to mention, here is the key tidbit from the article:

"Once registered, people will be notified by the health ministry about booking a vaccine appointment when it is their age group’s turn. Dix didn’t outline how soon those who register will actually be able to book an appointment to get their shot.

Appointment booking is currently open for Indigenous people age 18 and up, other British Columbians age 63 and older, people deemed clinically extremely vulnerable, and anyone living or working in Whistler."

8 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Don't know what your age group is, but ON just lowerd AZ to 40+.   I suspect BC will follow.  QC likely will.

Health Canada approved the vaccine for 18+.  Each province can do what they see fit. NACI provides recommendations in the context of availability of other vaccines.  They met twice last week and likely will lower the age group recommendation too. 

The age limit is basically placed based on estimate of benefit vs risk ratio, which is higher for older people.  But as many have said, based on UK and EU data, no clear risk factors was identified even though most cases were young female.  Case in point, two cases of VITT in Canada were both 55+, one male and one female.  2 cases out of 700,000+ doses administered so far. That is in line with estimates of 4/million by Health Canada. UK is now doing 30+. 

The good thing is now drs are made aware of this and know how to diagnose and treat this.  Both cases in Canada were diagnosed in time and treated, and are both now recovering at home. 

In places where virus exposure risk is high, the benefit of this vaccine far outweighs the risks. 

20210408_092150.jpg

I'm 35 were I am in camp they secured a bunch of astra venica then it was pulled

• RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

All B.C. adults to be able to register for COVID-19 vaccine by Friday

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/04/19/b-c-adults-register-covid-vaccine-friday/

Oh, forgot to mention, here is the key tidbit from the article:

"Once registered, people will be notified by the health ministry about booking a vaccine appointment when it is their age group’s turn. Dix didn’t outline how soon those who register will actually be able to book an appointment to get their shot.

Appointment booking is currently open for Indigenous people age 18 and up, other British Columbians age 63 and older, people deemed clinically extremely vulnerable, and anyone living or working in Whistler."

I find this incredibly misleading - yeah, maybe everyone can register, but zero mention of when they'll actually receive their vaccination.  I keep hearing over and over about how people are 'circumventing' the system in this way or that (one person I know used their parents 'cabin' address in a remote town up north to get their vaccination , and I know several acquaintances (at least 3) who got their vaccination because they knew someone at a clinic that had 'extra' doses lying around that would expire and guess who got them - their friends.....).  

Meanwhile, law abiding citizens who are following all the measures and doing everything expected of them and more are left at risk. 

Edited by Fanuck

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I find this incredibly misleading - yeah, maybe everyone can register, but zero mention of when they'll actually receive their vaccination.  I keep hearing over and over about how people are 'circumventing' the system in this way or that (one person I know used their parents 'cabin' address in a remote town up north to get their vaccination , and I know several acquaintances (at least 3) who got their vaccination because they knew someone at a clinic that had 'extra' doses lying around that would expire and guess who got them - their friends.....).  

huh, I thought it was only the BC Liberals that had friends like that. 

It is frustrating to see line jumpers. 

17 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

If there ever was a reason for men to get the shot, this should be right up there.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/new-study-links-covid-19-and-erectile-dysfunction-including-in-younger-men-1.5393108

New study links COVID-19 and erectile dysfunction, including in younger men

here's conspiracy for you, guess who makes one of the Vaccines?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

UPDATE:

Tourism BC will stop booking people from outside their areas for camping, etc.  Local bookings only.  Mike Farnworth will enact this effective this Friday.

(per John Horgan and the current update in progress)

BC Ferries will stop accepting recreational vehicles (campers, trailers), etc.  They also won't be bringing on extra ferries as is usually the case this time of year.

Circuit breaker restrictions will remain in place until at least after the May long weekend.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

BC Ferries will stop accepting recreational vehicles (campers, trailers), etc.

Good, now all they need to do is stop letting people sit in the cafeteria, to eat their food.

Every other restaurant is closed in doors, but for ferries, "Nah".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

UPDATE:

Tourism BC will stop booking people from outside their areas for camping, etc.  Local bookings only.  Mike Farnworth will enact this effective this Friday.

(per John Horgan and the current update in progress)

BC Ferries will stop accepting recreational vehicles (campers, trailers), etc.  They also won't be bringing on extra ferries as is usually the case this time of year.

Circuit breaker restrictions will remain in place until at least after the May long weekend.

I believe this includes hotel reservations too.   That's being suggested by some.

Numbers will be updated shortly.  Dix is going through modelling now.