The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

16 hours ago, Simulation said:

ok so wanting to share my stance on the covid vaccine and open to hearing peoples responses and learning, here goes nothing:

(please don't bother responding if you have anything disparaging or judgmental to say)

If whatever you feel the need to say requires a preface statement such as this - perhaps you should re-think what your are going to say and/or the way in which you say it.

You don't get to censor people here because you may not like what they're going to reply with. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Please save these sorts of opinions if you don't want them to be judged.

We need sources (of "studies", data, etc.).... not your diagnosis or a friend's mom who....

There are experts for a reason and we prefer people to refer to them, not posters here who, like the rest of us, have "opinions"

You've been VERY judgemental in the posts you've presented that go against what many are citing FROM qualified sources.  So not sure why your posts should get immunity from being judged? 

Spreading false information like "of the age where COVID isn't detrimental" will have me judge things.   Because this is a head in the sand opinion in my view.  Anyone who contracts COVID (and the variants) is at risk of it being detrimental.

oh okay, i was unaware that you and others weren’t aware of the comorbidities study regarding to COVID hospitalizations. Thought it’d have been mentioned here being one of the most revealing ones but anyways here you go:  https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR3-wrg3tTKK5-9tOHPGAHWFVO3DfslkJ0KsDEPQpWmPbKtp6EsoVV2Qs1Q

it’s also well known the effects COVID has on people of different ages. All the data is there for you to search yourself which shows the higher you go in age, the higher risk of hospitalization and mortality there is. Been mainstream for a while now actually, the data has been there for over a year.

Edited by Simulation
  • RoughGame 1

22 hours ago, gurn said:

You'd prefer that the authorities stick with what they first said, and not update as new info comes available.?

Well if we go back it was first wear a mask, then it was shortage of mask so masks aren't necessary, then once they stocked pile again it was masks was necessary again. 

I think I'm just upset to see Canada is doing worse then USA per capita for new cases, as much as a gongshow it is down south it's worse here now technically, so me trusting what the government here wants to say is becoming very hard to trust tbh

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well if we go back it was first wear a mask, then it was shortage of mask so masks aren't necessary, then once they stocked pile again it was masks was necessary again. 

I think I'm just upset to see Canada is doing worse then USA per capita for new cases, as much as a gongshow it is down south it's worse here now technically, so me trusting what the government here wants to say is becoming very hard to trust tbh

I have to agree. I was a big supporter of Dr. Henry and the work they did early in the pandemic. And I am all for changing protocols based on new scientific data. And I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it doesn't always appear that decisions are made based only on science.

Today, Americans are talking about when they'll need their third dose of the vaccine next year. And here most of us sit wondering what it's like to receive one.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I have to agree. I was a big supporter of Dr. Henry and the work they did early in the pandemic. And I am all for changing protocols based on new scientific data. And I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it doesn't always appear that decisions are made based only on science.

Today, Americans are talking about when they'll need their third dose of the vaccine next year. And here most of us sit wondering what it's like to receive one.

Lol of course they aren't. 

All provincial public health measures are enacted after consulting with multiple arms of government, not just Dr. Henry. 

Dr. Henry is the lead on assessing how the pandemic is going and providing health-related advice to the government, but at the end of the day, it's Horgan, the politician, and his Cabinet who call the shots. 

FFS, Bonnie could have done the same analysis as schools with restaurants, churches, and offices and the result would be the same.  Maybe we should just not close anything and carry on. 

I'd be curious how many cases go unchecked since kids seem to be asymptomatic more than they are symptomatic.  I'd also be curious how many of those cases from schools make their way into homes and infect the adults in the household -- which in turn are then counted as community transmission and not linked in any shape of form back to schools. 

There are so many holes in her analyses, but of course you can twist statistics to draw whatever conclusions you want.

Seeing the case numbers rise is scary, but I'm wondering precisely how much of these newer cases are coming from younger age groups. 

Cases are way up in Canada as a whole, but I don't see deaths, which are rising, but not at the same pace as new cases are. Hopefully this is a sign that the vaccine roll-out is already doing some work since seniors aren't getting as badly hit (compared to the previous wave)? 

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan

6 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Seeing the case numbers rise is scary, but I'm wondering precisely how much of these newer cases are coming from younger age groups. 

Cases are way up in Canada as a whole, but I don't see deaths, which are rising, but not at the same pace as new cases are. Hopefully this is a sign that the vaccine roll-out is already doing some work since seniors aren't getting as badly hit? 

The talk Bonnie is giving right now, she had some charts breaking things down by age.  The 20-39 group has very high new cases.  

Its still live so I can't give you a timestamp.

Edited by BCNeil