The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Turn on the news corona virus

Turn on the radio corona virus

Its essentially the same story over and over again the media must be loving this right know.

Mass shooting only gets you a week or more.They have been milking this since January.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Violator said:

Turn on the news corona virus

Turn on the radio corona virus

Its essentially the same story over and over again the media must be loving this right know.

Mass shooting only gets you a week or more.They have been milking this since January.

Their ratings must be through the roof right now as everyone, tunes in to see the latest updates. 

55 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Social media is out of control.

In fact, online social is a virus all to itself.

It's called Infodemic. 

Tomorrow NYC shutdown schools and bars, night clubs and restaurants.  Only food delivery is allowed. I can still order food at least. But I might leave the city next weekend and work from a different state.

People back home take this seriously. Rather than waiting for the government, do your part. Social distancing is reasonable. Assume everyone is infected. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jaimito said:

It's called Infodemic. 

Tomorrow NYC shutdown schools and bars, night clubs and restaurants.  Only food delivery is allowed. I can still order food at least. But I might leave the city next weekend and work from a different state.

People back home take this seriously. Rather than waiting for the government, do your part. Social distancing is reasonable. Assume everyone is infected. 

It's called social virus, and it's deeply tied to emotion and behavior. Not everyone is infected with it. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Canada says a major announcement coming on Monday regarding response to the coronavirus

Mon 16 Mar 2020 01:22:15 GMT

A TV doorstop with Federal Ministers

• spoke with reporters about a major announcement coming on Monday 
  • regarding Canada's response to the coronavirus

Apparently 2 week quarantine coming to Canada. Grocery stores and emergency medical, including pharmacy's staying open. Everything else will be shut down. Good luck guys and gals! wish we were watching Canucks Sh*t kick the jets instead!!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Dr.BRR said:

Apparently 2 week quarantine coming to Canada. Grocery stores and emergency medical, including pharmacy's staying open. Everything else will be shut down. Good luck guys and gals! wish we were watching Canucks Sh*t kick the jets instead!!

Good.  Hopefully we're doing this early enough.

Source?

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

CDC recommending sporting events not take place for 8 weeks. 

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-03-15/cdc-recommendation-no-sports-eight-weeks-coronavirus

I think playoffs are off the table this year folks.

Actually that is a timeline they’re probably considering since they asked teams about building availability in July.

Still very possible to start the playoffs in May.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Dr.BRR said:

What's the source?