Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

AstraZeneca Symptoms Update:

Chills overnight(none today)

Sore Arm

Fatigue/Drowsiness

Slight headache

sounds like what I had as well. I didn't see a small rash at the injection site until day 3 which came and went in about a day. 

• Cheers 1

"The risk of US women getting COVID-19 was associated with an 18% decreased risk with probiotic supplementation, 21% lower risk with omega-3 fatty acids, 12% lower risk with multivitamins, and 24% lower risk with vitamin D supplementation.
One might think this is healthy user bias since healthy people take supplements. But no effects were found among those taking vitamin C, zinc, or garlic supplements suggesting the effects were specific to probiotics, omega-3, multivitamins & vitamin D.
The protective effects of all the supplements including probiotics, multivitamins, omega-3, and vitamin D were only consistently found in women of all ages and weights in the US, UK, and Sweden. The results in men varied depending on age and weight. 
Let's talk about the data in men...
Men aged <40 years of any weight or men aged 40–60 years with a normal weight and taking multivitamins and taking omega-3 fatty acids were less likely to be infected with SARS-CoV2 (US, UK, and Sweden). 

US males using probiotics or vitamin D had a decreased risk of a positive test for SARS-CoV-2.
Swedish men taking probiotics, omega-3 fatty acids, multivitamins, or vitamin D had a decreased risk of infection.
It is unclear why the protective effects were only found in females of all ages and BMI's while the effects in men depended on age and weight. One possibility is because females have a more robust immune response than men and have higher numbers of circulating B cells.
One unifying factor between probiotics, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D is that they all contain immunomodulatory activity. The effects of these supplements may a have more robust effect in women due to sex differences in the immune system."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/04/210419195307.htm?fbclid=IwAR3PVtNO-kS99d1sdaOPd3Nx4yZPvPsbbF_w7BQXIIU9WvbBTDCawSfqqr8

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

At this rate, the 20s should be booking by end of May.  The amount of vaccines will double in first week of May.  

unless you manage to get into a Surrey pop up via Reddit :blink:

14 hours ago, Jaimito said:

that's fine.  They should vaccinate everyone in Surrey.

is it fine? why should an 18 year old in Surrey qualify over someone else? there are lots of people who are deserving of a shot. 

Dix is doing this I suspect to try to get some shots to undocumented workers, there's no other reason to have the one in Coquitlam not bother to require checking addresses. It would be nice if he was honest about it, but its about what I'd expect from an admitted forger. 

38 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

is it fine? why should an 18 year old in Surrey qualify over someone else? there are lots of people who are deserving of a shot. 

Dix is doing this I suspect to try to get some shots to undocumented workers, there's no other reason to have the one in Coquitlam not bother to require checking addresses. It would be nice if he was honest about it, but its about what I'd expect from an admitted forger. 

You put water on where the fire is.   The less spread of the virus there is, then everyone else is more protected indirectly. And the less full the hospitals, then everyone also benefits for non-covid diseases. 

I think confirming qualification is reasonable. Undocumented workers still have addresses. They are not necessarily homeless. 

I get the equity argument. I have nieces in Vancouver that can use the doses too.  But it seems like the supply is really ramping up. QC will start booking 18+ starting May 14. BC is not far behind QC and has smaller pop.  ON just announced 18+ booking ends of May. 

https://www.680news.com/2021/04/29/ontario-covid-19-vaccination-plan-update-april-29-18-plus-pfizer-doses-online-booking/

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

You put water on where the fire is.   The less spread of the virus there is, then everyone else is more protected indirectly. And the less full the hospitals, then everyone also benefits for non-covid diseases. 

I think confirming qualification is reasonable. Undocumented workers still have addresses. They are not necessarily homeless. 

I get the equity argument. I have nieces in Vancouver that can use the doses too.  But it seems like the supply is really ramping up. QC will start booking 18+ starting May 14. BC is not far behind QC and has smaller pop.  ON just announced 18+ booking ends of May. 

https://www.680news.com/2021/04/29/ontario-covid-19-vaccination-plan-update-april-29-18-plus-pfizer-doses-online-booking/

I guess its the botched messaging and timing of these efforts. Horgan and Dix wait two weeks to do this in Whistler, when everyone could see the problem coming. This thing in Surrey and Coquitlam yesterday was a. total botch job that left many people justifiably angry.

If we are now into an non-age based plan, it should be made public and discussed properly. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess its the botched messaging and timing of these efforts. Horgan and Dix wait two weeks to do this in Whistler, when everyone could see the problem coming. This thing in Surrey and Coquitlam yesterday was a. total botch job that left many people justifiably angry.

If we are now into an non-age based plan, it should be made public and discussed properly. 

It was done poorly in Surrey.  I am blocks away from the park.  Nobody in my condo development even heard about it till it was over.  Our strata president put up a letter in the elevator this morning.  People have been calling him upset.  

Only people that were told ahead of time, were able to get inline early enough to receive a vaccine.  

• Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Pfizer supposed to be working on a Covid vaccine in pill form.

It's not a vaccine. An antiviral drug (protease inhibitor). They are currently testing both a pill form and a injectable form. Will be very helpful if it works. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1