The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Alberta is a mess, over 4k cases this weekend and what does the government do...call a 2 week break

Not gonna lie, Forsberg and Strome would be legendary right now in their opinions of this happening in Alberta

Edited by Warhippy

55 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Alberta is a mess, over 4k cases this weekend and what does the government do...call a 2 week break

Not gonna lie, Forsberg and Strome would be legendary right now in their opinions of this happening in Alberta

Screenshot_20210502-230640.png

Screenshot_20210502-230701.png

I registered online last April 12 for booking and yesterday afternoon I got a message that I can book. So today I was able to get a shot (Moderna). My sister & husband & so as my friend registered a week earlier than I am and they haven't got a response yet to book. I'm 39 years old & they're all older than me and they're still waiting. They're like asking me now how I was able to get one to which my answer is I don't know. I'm thankful that I got it but the response by the govt to how to distribute the vaccine to regular folks is a little disorganized. My parents who are both close 70 years old are getting theirs on May 6

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, argar11 said:

I registered online last April 12 for booking and yesterday afternoon I got a message that I can book. So today I was able to get a shot (Moderna). My sister & husband & so as my friend registered a week earlier than I am and they haven't got a response yet to book. I'm 39 years old & they're all older than me and they're still waiting. They're like asking me now how I was able to get one to which my answer is I don't know. I'm thankful that I got it but the response by the govt to how to distribute the vaccine to regular folks is a little disorganized. My parents who are both close 70 years old are getting theirs on May 6

Exact same thing happened to us. My wife registered us both at the same time. I got my email to get my appointment within a week. We waited two more weeks for hers and she still hadn’t got her response. She phoned Fraser Health and she got a very nonchalant “oh yes, we have you here and you can setup your appointment any time.”  

If she hadn’t phoned we’d still be waiting. Make sure you tell them to follow up. Don’t know if this is only for FH but try Service BC @ 1-833-838-2323. They will need their registration number and Health Care number. Good luck!

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

this takes a special kind of stupid. Only in Alberta would you get a covid rodeo. 

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1892568131750/

• RoughGame 1

Update on JJ vaccine by NACI.  30+.

mRNA vaccines for pregnant women.  

• COVID-19 vaccination is essential to ending the pandemic. NACI encourages all Canadians to get vaccinated with a complete series of COVID-19 vaccine to protect themselves, their families, and their communities from illness, hospitalizations and deaths from COVID-19.
  • NACI has updated its Recommendations on the use of COVID-19 vaccines to include advice on the use of the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine. NACI has also reaffirmed its recommendation on COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy.
  • The Janssen COVID-19 vaccine is a single dose, viral vector vaccine authorized for use in Canada for adults 18 years of age and over. Health Canada has determined that it is a safe and effective vaccine.
  • NACI assesses how best to use an authorized vaccine to achieve the greatest public health benefits. It analyzes the spread of COVID-19 in Canada and the risks for population subgroups; it applies data on the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines from studies of their real-world use and develops advice on the equitable use of vaccines in immunization programs given vaccine supplies.
  • At this time and based on current evidence, NACI recommends the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine may be offered to individuals 30 years of age and older without contraindications, if the individual does not wish to wait for an mRNA vaccine and if the benefits outweigh the risk for the individual.
  • NACI recognizes that public health benefit-risk analyses for the use of the Janssen vaccine may vary between jurisdictions based on their unique circumstances, including local COVID-19 epidemiology; local vaccine supply and logistics; and equity considerations. These factors change over time.
  • As a single dose vaccine, the Janssen vaccine may be better suited for populations that are harder to schedule for a second dose (e.g., mobile populations and certain hard to reach populations).
  • NACI continues to preferentially recommend authorized mRNA COVID-19 vaccines due to the excellent protection they provide and the absence of safety signals of concern. NACI notes that Canada has procured and is expecting enough mRNA vaccines to fully vaccinate the currently eligible Canadian population before fall 2021.
  • NACI recommends that a complete vaccine series, preferably with an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, may be offered during pregnancy, if the benefits outweigh the risks for the individual and the fetus. An mRNA vaccine is preferred due to recently published data indicating the safety of mRNA vaccines during pregnancy, and concerns about the treatment of Vaccine-Induced Immune Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia (VITT) during pregnancy, should it occur following the administration of a viral vector vaccine.
  • NACI also reaffirms that, until further evidence emerges, those previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 be offered a complete series with a COVID-19 vaccine.
  • Public health measures remain the foundation of the pandemic response while vaccines continue to roll out across the country. It is important that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, continue to follow recommended public health measures.

National Advisory Committee on Immunization: Summary of updated vaccine statement of May 3, 2021 - Canada.ca

• Vintage 1

While restrictions good in theory

WHY do

BC residents have restrictions while
Yet International Flights continue?
Just yesterday i saw driving on side streets plates from Washington and Alberta and RV Trailers driving?

SO You try to keep BC Residents locked up, while allowing everyone else to do as they please in BC?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

While restrictions good in theory

WHY do

BC residents have restrictions while
Yet International Flights continue?
Just yesterday i saw driving on side streets plates from Washington and Alberta and RV Trailers driving?

SO You try to keep BC Residents locked up, while allowing everyone else to do as they please in BC?

Airports and all border crossings are Federal responsibilty.

Nice to Chinese officials making fun of India’s coronavirus situation!

Backlash after China Weibo post mocks India Covid crisis

Published
1 day ago