Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

there wont be playoffs.

:)

Cities that are still banning groupings can play in empty arenas

Canucks could

offer refunds to anyone who is sick and has a ticket.  

increasing cleaning

hand sanitizers everywhere

stagger entering and leaving and toilet use 

limit food and drinking in order to reduce toilet use (constant cleaning)  

don't fill the building so you can have social distancing (season ticket holders get tickets and then the rest lottery). 

What else is missing?

1 minute ago, samurai said:

Canucks could

increasing cleaning

don't fill the building so you can have social distancing (season ticket holders get tickets and then the rest lottery). 

What else is missing?

Why risk it?
We still don't know enough.

I enjoyed the UFC event with out fans but even that looks like it might not be able to happen again. Fighters are pulling themselves out of future bouts.

NHL has way more athletes than UFC, how can you ask them to play in times like these?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

For 2 months.

The NHL is probably looking at scenarios based on that timeline.

Agreed, it could still happen. That remains to be seen depending on how everything unfolds. 

Edited by Petey40

4 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I’d say you’re missing the fact that medical experts around the world are urging against it. 

yes at the moment some are, but weeks ago many were not, especially in NA.  and in a few weeks time that could change, just like their advice.   As well many medical experts have argued against a full on shutdown of life.   It is a little more nuanced than what you are suggesting and the conditions in different countries and regions is very varied. 

1 minute ago, samurai said:

yes at the moment some are, but weeks ago many were not, especially in NA.  and in a few weeks time that could change, just like their advice.   As well many medical experts have argued against a full on shutdown of life.   It is a little more nuanced than what you are suggesting and the conditions in different countries and regions is very varied. 

I’m not disagreeing with you that things can change, I’m just putting my trust in the people recommending against it for 8 weeks. 

Edited by Petey40
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, samurai said:

Canucks could

increasing cleaning

What else is missing?

You think the players head would be in the game?!

Let's wipe out this epidemic first before we can actually relax and enjoy.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I’m not disagreeing with you that things can change, I’m just putting my trust in the people recommending against it for 8 weeks. 

I suspect in the next two weeks teams will be practicing again (as they are here) if nobody contracts it. Nobody knows what is going to happen for at least a month.  Either way is just speculation.  I was in Asia for SARs shutdown and the 2011 Earthquake/Tsunami/Meltdown so this is not a new road.  Countries like Japan, China and Korea are managing to make it manageable and this has been done over some weeks.   Hopefully, Canada will learn how the Tawainese  managed to get on top of this right away and make these necessary changes for the next time.  This cannot happen again.

Edited by samurai
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, samurai said:

I suspect in the next two weeks teams will be practicing again (as they are here) if nobody contracts it and that nobody knows what is going to happen for at least a month.  Either way is just speculation.  I was in Asia for SARs shutdown and the 2011 Earthquake/Tsunami/Meltdown so this is not a new road.  Countries like Japan, China and Korea are managing to make it manageable and this has been done over some weeks.   Hopefully, Canada will learn how the Tawainese  managed to get on top of this right away and make these necessary changes for the next time.  This cannot happen again.

I like your optimism and I hope you’re right. 

2 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

You think the players head would be in the game?!

Let's wipe out this epidemic first before we can actually relax and enjoy.

SARS which is very different than Corona but it broke out from Nov 2002 and lasted until July 2003 - this is my second lock down.   We are going to be living with this for a long time. To count by years is probably the best way to measure its life and impact on countries.  I think you don't quite understand what has happened.  It 'may' appear to go away in the summer but it will be back again.  

11 minutes ago, samurai said:

SARS which is very different than Corona but it broke out from Nov 2002 and lasted until July 2003 - this is my second lock down.   We are going to be living with this for a long time. To count by years is probably the best way to measure its life and impact on countries.  I think you don't quite understand what has happened.  It 'may' appear to go away in the summer but it will be back again.  

Thing is there's no vaccine for it, This thing can kill people and there's no control of it..takes just one person to infect another.

Not worth the players risk for the sake of our selfishness.

Edited by nux4lyfe
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I like your optimism and I hope you’re right. 

The one big ?  for everyone is of course the US.   The issues it has with its healthcare and the number of people with preconditions are not issues that were relevant to even China - they got more beds per 1000 people and of course the precondition levels are totally different.  My guess is that tomorrow if Canada stops US entry in and out it is to stop a rush on Canada - sound crazy?   The US response to these things is always pretty bad (e.g. Katrina).