The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

19 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

OK I registered weeks ago and still haven't got an appointment, what gives?  I followed the same steps as I did with my dad and he got an appointment after four days.

If you are 41 and in a hotspot, not sure if White Rock is...  Then you can book Pfizer.  Call in if they haven't sent you and invite, if you are in one of the hotspots.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think the official US position was that they believed in the maturity of the program and that China had displayed excellent technical capability.

But not honest politically. More reasons to have "spies" on the ground. 

11 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

But not honest politically. More reasons to have "spies" on the ground. 

They sure laid out the platitudes pretty thick. Wouldn’t having someone training epidemiologists be a better way to keep tabs on a foreign country and their disease and virus management systems?

I have a friend (Northern Health region) who kinda jumped the queue and registered by phone over a month ago before the online registration system went online. She's 64. So when she hadn't heard anything from them, she called them after her age group was announced and others in her age group who had registered online and already received their first vaccination..... and was told by some vaguely snotty person on the other end of the line to be patient and wait for a phone call.this was almost 2 weeks ago.

So...she STILL has not had heard a word yet scads of people in her age group who registered online had their vaccination shots over 12 days ago. There's something really screwed up with the phone registration system in that she's still waiting for a call back yet people younger than her who registered online have already had their first shots. And she's not the first one who has run into this situation.

8 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I have a friend (Northern Health region) who kinda jumped the queue and registered by phone over a month ago before the online registration system went online. She's 64. So when she hadn't heard anything from them, she called them after her age group was announced and others in her age group who had registered online and already received their first vaccination..... and was told by some vaguely snotty person on the other end of the line to be patient and wait for a phone call.this was almost 2 weeks ago.

So...she STILL has not had heard a word yet scads of people in her age group who registered online had their vaccination shots over 12 days ago. There's something really screwed up with the phone registration system in that she's still waiting for a call back yet people younger than her who registered online have already had their first shots. And she's not the first one who has run into this situation.

Yeah sounds like when she registered early when they transitioned to the new system, it went missing.  She needs to contact them again.  64 year old people have been able to book for a long time.  

• Hydration 1

31 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Yeah sounds like when she registered early when they transitioned to the new system, it went missing.  She needs to contact them again.  64 year old people have been able to book for a long time.  

43 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Interesting. Perhaps that's why they were rolling out "registration" by age. Many complained that was pointless since you can just register at any time. 

Thanks for posting this. I will tell my nieces. 

• Hydration 1

I'd love to see a chart breakdown of per capita morons who refuse to get vaccinated for stupid reasons......

I think we all know which country would be #1 .....

Spoiler

Digibyte Usa GIF - Digibyte Usa Meme - Discover & Share GIFs

....but it would be interesting to see who the other "Covidiot" countries are.....since Alberta isn't a country, I imagine we'd be right up there too....

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'd love to see a chart breakdown of per capita morons who refuse to get vaccinated for stupid reasons......

Reveal hidden contents

....but it would be interesting to see who the other "Covidiot" countries are.....since Alberta isn't a country, I imagine we'd be right up there too....

I don't think America would be number one.  France, Ukraine, Russia, Poland all worse.  Biden gave a speech today, he mentioned that 85% of americans over 65 had at least one dose and that would still be slowly climbing.  That's pretty high.  

• Hydration 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Reveal hidden contents

Looking at the numbers, I think we might not be number 1 after all.

I think in France that number is only around 40% and in other parts of Europe there is hesitancy also.

https://www.pewresearch.org/science/2021/03/05/growing-share-of-americans-say-they-plan-to-get-a-covid-19-vaccine-or-already-have/

3 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

First dose in the books, felt like I’d been waiting forever for this day to come..

Same boat. Unlike others mine was pretty smooth. Registered April 6, got my text this morning (8:20)  that I could book. Went online and there were tons of spots available today. Got it at 12:15. Pfizer. I’m 53. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Got my second dose of Pfizer today, thus far no side effects!

It was great when I went to the grocery store.
Instead of scanning my savings card, they just scanned my forehead and all the information was there.

This is one of the best posts I have read recently. Sonofa… I am still chuckling about it. Made my day. 

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

Canadians should wait for Pfizer or Moderna vaccine if they can, federal advisory committee says

OTTAWA – The federal government’s vaccine advisory committee is recommending people who can wait for an mRNA vaccine, like Pfizer or Moderna, hold out for it, once again contradicting the long-standing advice to Canadians to get the first shot they’re offered.

On Monday, the National Advisory Council on Immunization (NACI) issued its recommendation for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Due to an extremely rare blood clotting issue, NACI is recommending that the vaccine be given to people over the age of 30, who don’t want to wait for a mRNA vaccine.

NACI’s co-chair, Dr. Shelley Deeks, said the mRNA vaccines have been proven to offer strong protection and don’t come with the rare blood clot risk.

“What we’re saying and what we’ve said all along is that mRNA vaccines are the preferred vaccine,” she said.

VICTORIA — The provincial health officer defended B.C.’s use of the AstraZeneca vaccine this week in light of a statement by Canada’s immunization advisory committee that some fear could increase vaccine hesitancy or vaccine shopping.

“With the amount of transmission we are seeing in this province the best advice, that I can give: The first vaccine that you have access to is the one that you should get,” Dr. Bonnie Henry told reporters. “That includes the AstraZeneca vaccine.”

The provincial health officer was responding to the statement earlier Monday from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization, expressing a preference for the mRNA-based Pfizer and Moderna vaccines because of the rare risk of serious blood clotting with AstraZeneca .

“What we’re saying — what we’ve said all along — is that the mRNA vaccines are the preferred vaccines,” said NACI vice-chair Shelley Deeks. “The issue with the safety signal is that although it is very rare, it is very serious, and so individuals need to have an informed choice to be vaccinated with the first vaccine that’s available or wait in line for an mRNA vaccine.”

Edited by DonLever

6 hours ago, DonLever said:

Canadians should wait for Pfizer or Moderna vaccine if they can, federal advisory committee says

OTTAWA – The federal government’s vaccine advisory committee is recommending people who can wait for an mRNA vaccine, like Pfizer or Moderna, hold out for it, once again contradicting the long-standing advice to Canadians to get the first shot they’re offered.

On Monday, the National Advisory Council on Immunization (NACI) issued its recommendation for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Due to an extremely rare blood clotting issue, NACI is recommending that the vaccine be given to people over the age of 30, who don’t want to wait for a mRNA vaccine.

NACI’s co-chair, Dr. Shelley Deeks, said the mRNA vaccines have been proven to offer strong protection and don’t come with the rare blood clot risk.

“What we’re saying and what we’ve said all along is that mRNA vaccines are the preferred vaccine,” she said.

VICTORIA — The provincial health officer defended B.C.’s use of the AstraZeneca vaccine this week in light of a statement by Canada’s immunization advisory committee that some fear could increase vaccine hesitancy or vaccine shopping.

“With the amount of transmission we are seeing in this province the best advice, that I can give: The first vaccine that you have access to is the one that you should get,” Dr. Bonnie Henry told reporters. “That includes the AstraZeneca vaccine.”

The provincial health officer was responding to the statement earlier Monday from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization, expressing a preference for the mRNA-based Pfizer and Moderna vaccines because of the rare risk of serious blood clotting with AstraZeneca .

“What we’re saying — what we’ve said all along — is that the mRNA vaccines are the preferred vaccines,” said NACI vice-chair Shelley Deeks. “The issue with the safety signal is that although it is very rare, it is very serious, and so individuals need to have an informed choice to be vaccinated with the first vaccine that’s available or wait in line for an mRNA vaccine.”

I wouldn't touch that Astra-Zenica vaccine from India with a 10 foot pole.  I waited and obtained the European made Pfizer safe vaccine with a much higher efficacy rate and without side effects including possible death in rare circumstances with the A.Z and J&J shots.   Even though the odds are 1 in 100,000 that something goes wrong, those odds are still not comforting. 

When the USA and other normal countries like Denmark and others completely avoid using a product due to safety concerns, you know there's something seriously wrong.   The only reason Trudeau allowed its use here was because the Liberal government could not deliver on their promises to get quality vaccine here in time and so they allowed it's use to avoid political embarrassment.  Plain and simple!

On 5/1/2021 at 1:23 PM, stawns said:

Well JT doesn't control any type of lockdown measures beyond borders, really........which they've botched to some degree.  Everything else is provincial of you're looking to point fingers

Yeah I respect that, I'm not looking to grind an axe against a particular branch of Gov't. Whether its international travel or measures in our own province, I think their are gripes.

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Good news. 

Pfizer is also applying for full approval in the US, so one of the anti-vaxx talking points will somewhat go away.

https://www-cnbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/05/04/pfizer-pfe-earnings-q1-2021.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16202298028813&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnbc.com%2F2021%2F05%2F04%2Fpfizer-pfe-earnings-q1-2021.html

Pfizer plans to file for full FDA approval of Covid vaccine at the end of this month