The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

26 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Just out of curiosity, For those of you who already got the shot, what side effects did you notice if any?

Nothing the day off the A.Z.  shot, next day a mild headache and lethargy. Day 2 back to normal.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, gurn said:

I wonder how many people are anti covid vaccinne, not because of "lack of testing"; but rather anti covid vaccinne because  of the "vaccinnes cause autism" b.s.

To answer that question, you simply have to go to the Government agency website that tracks "in-migration to BC" from Alberta .

17 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Same for me. I’m 27 years old but in a high priority area (North Delta). Got the text today around 2PM and had the appointment booked for Wednesday morning within minutes. 

My buddy in Edmonton is 25 and was able to book his vaccine today but he had to wait several hours in an online queue to do it. We had it easy. 

Good for you and good thing you're getting your shot because there's a pile of walking wounded (Contaminated -people) around North Surrey and it's not surprising to see it's spread into North Delta as it is essentially a part of Surrey (A.K.A. "Upper-Surrey") having nothing to do with the normal part of Delta (South Delta) which has low case counts.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Just out of curiosity, For those of you who already got the shot, what side effects did you notice if any?

Chills the first night.

Second day it was a sore arm and my biggest symptom was fatigue and tiredness. However, I did slam about 8 beers, but I blame the shot. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

I got both doses of Pfizer, only had sore injection site both days.

Went away in a day or two.

There is growing discontent in the UK with vaccine passports for foreign travel.

With limited foreign travel able

tonstart from Monday there is a growing sense that the younger demographics are been treated unfairly yet again.

they are statistically more likely to have suffered economic harm because of the lockdowns and are at the back of the queue for the vaccine. The passport requires both sets of vaccines and they are 12 weeks apart meaning most people under 40 will not be able to go abroad over the summer. 

there is a growing sense that this is just compounding the economic hardship suffered by the millennial group who get to see the generation ahead of them get everything again and the drawbridge pulled up. 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

No ability to climb walls? Spin webs?

Not even improvement in cell phone reception?

Lame. 

Yeah....I was really hoping to be able to recharge my phone with my mind....

....total letdown....<_<

• Haha 2

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Gotta admit that would be hilarious to see.

Plus, it would nice to be useful for something around the house besides evicting spiders....

True story: My 23 year old daughter gets mad at me for this. To her, the only good spider is a dead spider....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Plus, it would nice to be useful for something around the house besides evicting spiders....

True story: My 23 year old daughter gets mad at me for this. To her, the only good spider is a dead spider....

I used to be that way. Now if the spider is cooperative. I just scoop him up on a piece of cardboard and throw him outside on the balcony. 

Some you can't reason with. Then splat. 

9 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The way I see it, them bugs (spiders, silverfish, cockroaches, flies, mosquitoes, etc.) - they're not paying the rent or helping with the mortgage, so if I'm feeling charitable, they take a nice trip out the door or window; otherwise, they face a fate that is too graphic to type out here (I don't want to get banned, after all :P). 

Spiders do the job of keeping the numbers down for the real pests, so they get preferential treatment from me....usually an eviction to the back yard....(unless my daughter's dog Ripley sees them first....then they're a snack)

Ants, OTOH, are executed with extreme prejudice....

• Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The way I see it, them bugs (spiders, silverfish, cockroaches, flies, mosquitoes, etc.) - they're not paying the rent or helping with the mortgage, so if I'm feeling charitable, they take a nice trip out the door or window; otherwise, they face a fate that is too graphic to type out here (I don't want to get banned, after all :P). 

My wife freaks out if I kill a spider. She picks them up barehanded and puts them outside. I keep warning her that she’s going to get bit but she never has. Now I’m afraid of her and her spider army. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

My wife freaks out if I kill a spider. She picks them up barehanded and puts them outside. I keep warning her that she’s going to get bit but she never has. Now I’m afraid of her and her spider army. 

Pete lives with Spider Woman. News at 11. 

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

man, she could drop one right down the back of your shirt if she felt like it. Better bring home flowers. 

49 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

If you live in Australia you pay rent to the spiders 

3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

If you live in Australia you pay rent to the spiders 

I'd be scared of the ones that live in the toilet. If I ever go to Oz I'd have to hold it the whole trip.