The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

If you are eligible by age, when you register online you will get a reference number  and be told you will get an email to set up the appointment. My email took less than a week and booked the time for the appointment.

does anyone know the process for registering for the second dose?  You'd think they'd keep track of things, but my gf got her first dose last week and BH said that people whould be registering after their first dose..........she registered for the first one, but got it at a pop up and just got a notification to book her appointment.  

3 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

So I guess BC got a lot more vaccines than expected? I'm under 30 and just booked my appointment - a couple of other friends in the same age group just did as well. 

Same for me. I’m 27 years old but in a high priority area (North Delta). Got the text today around 2PM and had the appointment booked for Wednesday morning within minutes. 

My buddy in Edmonton is 25 and was able to book his vaccine today but he had to wait several hours in an online queue to do it. We had it easy. 

• Hydration 1
7 minutes ago, stawns said:

does anyone know the process for registering for the second dose?  You'd think they'd keep track of things, but my gf got her first dose last week and BH said that people whould be registering after their first dose..........she registered for the first one, but got it at a pop up and just got a notification to book her appointment.  

We were given a rough time frame and told to put it on our calendar and call if we haven’t heard from them. My suspicion is that vaccinations will be ahead of schedule before that time and we’ll be able to book sooner.

15 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Just print that email.  Yeah it would have been nice to get a warning you need a printer.  

You can just print to PDF instead of a physical printer.

Also, anyone with an iPhone has a scanner as well. It's included with the Notes app. Just Google it.

665,000 AZ expected in coming weeks. Another 1 million by end of Jun.

JT: One dose summer, two dose fall.  Target is 75% fully vaccinated by fall. 

This mother's day my parents were able to have a backyard BBQ with my siblings. All adults had their first dose. It is helping to get back more towards normal.  Still need to get community spread down further and get to that 75% min.   

UK is seeing significant decrease in cases, hospitalization and deaths. They are reopening bars, theaters etc. 

3 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Just out of curiosity, For those of you who already got the shot, what side effects did you notice if any?

Just one - muscle tenderness in the arm starting about 6-8 hours after and lasting 24 hours. Same for my wife.

5 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Just out of curiosity, For those of you who already got the shot, what side effects did you notice if any?

just some mild flu like symptoms after about 24 hours, for maybe a day or so. Very similar to other flu shots I've had. 

15 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

My best friend was born with osteo arthritis.  She's a fine gal and took massive doses of steroids as a teen to mitigate it.

After her first shot she noticed all the familiar symptoms she had successfully mitigated through a strong regime of steroidal treatments.  For the first time in over 20 years she is having to reenter that therapy and is now a clinical case study as they've noticed that suppressed cases like that are coming back.

She's a one off group though and they're testing her fairly steadily to pinpoint whether or not it was in fact due to the shot (haven't asked which one) 

For myself and many others though, super lethargic, arm was sore like a tetanus shot only a bit sharper and had some moderate symptoms like i was getting sick for a few days.

26 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Nothing the day off the A.Z.  shot, next day a mild headache and lethargy. Day 2 back to normal.

• Hydration 1
21 hours ago, gurn said:

I wonder how many people are anti covid vaccinne, not because of "lack of testing"; but rather anti covid vaccinne because  of the "vaccinnes cause autism" b.s.

To answer that question, you simply have to go to the Government agency website that tracks "in-migration to BC" from Alberta .

17 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Same for me. I’m 27 years old but in a high priority area (North Delta). Got the text today around 2PM and had the appointment booked for Wednesday morning within minutes. 

My buddy in Edmonton is 25 and was able to book his vaccine today but he had to wait several hours in an online queue to do it. We had it easy. 

Good for you and good thing you're getting your shot because there's a pile of walking wounded (Contaminated -people) around North Surrey and it's not surprising to see it's spread into North Delta as it is essentially a part of Surrey (A.K.A. "Upper-Surrey") having nothing to do with the normal part of Delta (South Delta) which has low case counts.

• Hydration 1
44 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Chills the first night.

Second day it was a sore arm and my biggest symptom was fatigue and tiredness. However, I did slam about 8 beers, but I blame the shot. 

• Haha 2
54 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

I got both doses of Pfizer, only had sore injection site both days.

Went away in a day or two.

There is growing discontent in the UK with vaccine passports for foreign travel.

With limited foreign travel able

tonstart from Monday there is a growing sense that the younger demographics are been treated unfairly yet again.

they are statistically more likely to have suffered economic harm because of the lockdowns and are at the back of the queue for the vaccine. The passport requires both sets of vaccines and they are 12 weeks apart meaning most people under 40 will not be able to go abroad over the summer. 

there is a growing sense that this is just compounding the economic hardship suffered by the millennial group who get to see the generation ahead of them get everything again and the drawbridge pulled up. 

2 hours ago, nux4lyfe said:

Zero for me. And I'm 60