The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

No ability to climb walls? Spin webs?

Not even improvement in cell phone reception?

Lame. 

Yeah....I was really hoping to be able to recharge my phone with my mind....

....total letdown....<_<

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah....I was really hoping to be able to recharge my phone with my mind....

....total letdown....<_<

Gotta admit that would be hilarious to see. 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Gotta admit that would be hilarious to see.

Plus, it would nice to be useful for something around the house besides evicting spiders....

True story: My 23 year old daughter gets mad at me for this. To her, the only good spider is a dead spider....

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Plus, it would nice to be useful for something around the house besides evicting spiders....

True story: My 23 year old daughter gets mad at me for this. To her, the only good spider is a dead spider....

I used to be that way. Now if the spider is cooperative. I just scoop him up on a piece of cardboard and throw him outside on the balcony. 

Some you can't reason with. Then splat. 

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I used to be that way. Now if the spider is cooperative. I just scoop him up on a piece of cardboard and throw him outside on the balcony. 

Some you can't reason with. Then splat. 

The way I see it, them bugs (spiders, silverfish, cockroaches, flies, mosquitoes, etc.) - they're not paying the rent or helping with the mortgage, so if I'm feeling charitable, they take a nice trip out the door or window; otherwise, they face a fate that is too graphic to type out here (I don't want to get banned, after all :P). 

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The way I see it, them bugs (spiders, silverfish, cockroaches, flies, mosquitoes, etc.) - they're not paying the rent or helping with the mortgage, so if I'm feeling charitable, they take a nice trip out the door or window; otherwise, they face a fate that is too graphic to type out here (I don't want to get banned, after all :P). 

Spiders do the job of keeping the numbers down for the real pests, so they get preferential treatment from me....usually an eviction to the back yard....(unless my daughter's dog Ripley sees them first....then they're a snack)

Ants, OTOH, are executed with extreme prejudice....

• Hydration 3
10 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

My wife freaks out if I kill a spider. She picks them up barehanded and puts them outside. I keep warning her that she’s going to get bit but she never has. Now I’m afraid of her and her spider army. 

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

My wife freaks out if I kill a spider. She picks them up barehanded and puts them outside. I keep warning her that she’s going to get bit but she never has. Now I’m afraid of her and her spider army. 

Pete lives with Spider Woman. News at 11. 

• Haha 3
31 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

man, she could drop one right down the back of your shirt if she felt like it. Better bring home flowers. 

49 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

If you live in Australia you pay rent to the spiders 

• Sedinery 1
3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

If you live in Australia you pay rent to the spiders 

I'd be scared of the ones that live in the toilet. If I ever go to Oz I'd have to hold it the whole trip. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd be scared of the ones that live in the toilet. If I ever go to Oz I'd have to hold it the whole trip. 

Don’t take your shoes off either. 

Edited by UKNuck96
12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

man, she could drop one right down the back of your shirt if she felt like it. Better bring home flowers. 

Luckily I have one ace in the hole, snakes are her kryptonite. She totally loses her mind if she sees one, even on tv. She’ll be out of commission for about an hour. 

So as UKNuck points out Australia has been crossed off our list.

• Vintage 1

I'm pretty spider tolerant, but I have to confess, that if this was my car, I'd call a cab.....

spider webs between two abandoned cars in the southwestern desert | Funny  pictures, Bones funny, Humor

• Thanks 1

Since moving to the Island. I have become way more tolerant of bugs.

My garage is a full scale war between house and wolf spiders, I've gotten used to them.

I try not to kill anything.. 

The other day at work we were moving a wall for a horse shelter that had been lying on the grass for a couple weeks. My nephew had the mini excavator, we hoisted the wall and he started to drive it to where we were building. As the wall slowly spun, I noticed a minimum of 15 giant ( I mean huge) wolf spiders. My nephew got out and said, 'did I see a big spider on there?', He hates them.  I replied, 'there's actually a few'.

The next scene was him running around trying to squish them, I was laughing and yelling ' run for your lives, little dudes!' while trying to shoo them with a piece of wood. 

It was a comical scene ( to me) fit for the movie Arachnophobia.

My nephew is a big tough logger, well...tough if you're not a 8 legged web slinger. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Since moving to the Island. I have become way more tolerant of bugs.

My garage is a full scale war between house and wolf spiders, I've gotten used to them.

I try not to kill anything.. 

The other day at work we were moving a wall for a horse shelter that had been lying on the grass for a couple weeks. My nephew had the mini excavator, we hoisted the wall and he started to drive it to where we were building. As the wall slowly spun, I noticed a minimum of 15 giant ( I mean huge) wolf spiders. My nephew got out and said, 'did I see a big spider on there?', He hates them.  I replied, 'there's actually a few'.

The next scene was him running around trying to squish them, I was laughing and yelling ' run for your lives, little dudes!' while trying to shoo them with a piece of wood. 

It was a comical scene ( to me) fit for the movie Arachnophobia.

My nephew is a big tough logger, well...tough if you're not a 8 legged web slinger. 

man those things give me the creeps. We bought our 1st house from an old couple who let the yard work go and the bushes were up against the shingles, so the whole unfinished basement was filled with those things. We had a contractor in for some work, a big dude, looked like a biker. One fell on him and he literally screamed. It was pretty funny.  

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

This one gave me nightmares, especially the ending.

That looks like a job for....

Spoiler

Eight Legs, Two Fangs and an Attitude: 'Arachnophobia' Turns 30 - Bloody  Disgusting