The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

16 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

My son works for the CRA and was informed early yesterday evening that all non-essential Canadian Govt employees are not to return to work until April 3.  The date could change moving forward. 

cool

so taxation is suspended for 2020

maybe the country will revert back to the good ole days

before taxation became a thing

"One hundred years ago, on July 25, 1917, Conservative Finance Minister Sir Thomas White introduced a plan for Canada's very first income tax in the House of Commons."

Edited by coastal.view
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Philippines president Duterte announces that Luzon to go into lockdown

Mon 16 Mar 2020 07:47:46 GMT

Luzon is the largest island in the Philippines, housing a population of more than 57 million people

Last week, Manila was brought into lockdown but now it looks like this will extend to the entire island and impact over 57 million people in the country.

My father is there right now to take a flight home today. He took some pictures which were totally messed. City center just simply abandoned. 

As for measures here back home, expect more closures. The country will grind to a halt, and I fear it will be a prolonged halt because there really is no endgame in immediate sight.

Edited by kloubek

US Dept of Health and Human Services Dept. was hit by cyber attack last night

Mon 16 Mar 2020 12:40:23 GMT

That's worrisome

Who would do that right now?

The US Health and Human Services Department suffered a cyber-attack on its computer system Sunday night during the nation's response to the coronavirus pandemic. The attack appears to have been intended to slow the agency's systems down, according to Bloomberg's Jennifer Jacobs.

Russia or North Korea, any other guesses?

3 hours ago, StiffStick33 said:

Been hearing the same thing abt Declaring a state of emergency. What does it all mean exactly? 

3..2..1.. Anxiety kicking in

It means aliens are going to attack.  All it does is give govt extra powers to make decisions that limit freedoms - curfews and so forth.  

12 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

That's worrisome

The US Health and Human Services Department suffered a cyber-attack on its computer system Sunday night during the nation's response to the coronavirus pandemic. The attack appears to have been intended to slow the agency's systems down, according to Bloomberg's Jennifer Jacobs.

End of days Christians or the kid who lives down the street 

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I woke from a red wine induced slumber. Checked my phone and saw a message from my sister, a nurse. Canada will declare a state of emergency tomorrow. 

We all need to batten down the hatches.

This will be around for a while. We need to stick together. Rely on one another. 

Humanity is experiencing something all at once. Remember that. Help those who need it.  

How can you help someone or stick together if we need to batten down the hatches? 

9 hours ago, Violator said:

Turn on the news corona virus

Turn on the radio corona virus

Its essentially the same story over and over again the media must be loving this right know.

Mass shooting only gets you a week or more.They have been milking this since January.

Dude best not to watch, it’s all reruns.  Once you see zombies on the street than you know something is up.

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

That's worrisome

Republicans.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

A fantastic idea!

No Frills (and other stores?) are set to open up earlier than usual for seniors only shopping so they can get supplies before the hoarders devour everything.  Stores will be sanitized before opening to help protect them.

Well done...more of that outside the box thinking to protect the most vulnerable, please.

Was just on Global BC News.

That's nice to hear. Then you'll have the masses come in and be idiots as usual

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

My son works for the CRA and was informed early yesterday evening that all non-essential Canadian Govt employees are not to return to work until April 3.  The date could change moving forward. 

Buddies sister works in one of those type of jobs and he said she's been told to stay home 2 weeks yesterday afternoon

24 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

A fantastic idea!

No Frills (and other stores?) are set to open up earlier than usual for seniors only shopping so they can get supplies before the hoarders devour everything.  Stores will be sanitized before opening to help protect them.

Well done...more of that outside the box thinking to protect the most vulnerable, please.

Was just on Global BC News.

Even if it’s a PR move....it IS the right thing to do.  I know I’ll make a greater effort to take my business there (as little as it is being a really small fry in this world lol) in the future.  Reward the companies that treat you right or do the right thing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

That's worrisome

Probably a bunch of rollingcoalers from a dumbTrumpfan farm.

Edited by Me_

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

cool

so taxation is suspended for 2020

maybe the country will revert back to the good ole days

before taxation became a thing

"One hundred years ago, on July 25, 1917, Conservative Finance Minister Sir Thomas White introduced a plan for Canada's very first income tax in the House of Commons."

Wasn’t the original motivation for income tax a temporary measure to pay fir WWI costs?  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1