Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


CBH1926

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Updated #. 

 

 

Screenshot_20210513-154955~2.png

Screenshot_20210513-155210~2.png

interesting, so if they are only going to be distributing about 88,000 more Astra Zeneca shots in BC they must be planning to give the other 250k a different shot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they're wanting to cancel the wrong one, it should be the next winter Olympics we boycott. 

I want to see Canadian NHL players win the gold. I don't care for the politics. Unfortunately, IOC is all politics and money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Indian variant B1.617.2 is taking hold in Bolton and the spike can be seen with exponential growth. They can directly attribute this to the indian variant as they have the data of the variants in the testing, and can see the UK variant is dropping and the increase is directly a cause of the new strain.

 

The UK is going to shorten the second dose wait from 12 weeks to 8 weeks - even though there is evidence that the 12 weeks gives better protection, as they want to get the protection a second jab brings in sooner

 

 

image.thumb.png.8d33990d54ea1eb95ace6477e8ee0942.pngThe 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not sure if I should laugh or cry about the fact that most of the replies to Dr. Bogoch's tweet are of the variety of "Me me me meeee... Me me me meeeeee..."  :picard:

Twitter is a cesspool. Consume selectively. I blocked trump years ago. 

  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

I want to see Canadian NHL players win the gold. I don't care for the politics. Unfortunately, IOC is all politics and money. 

I want to see our citizens out of Chinese jail. &^@# China. 

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

interesting, so if they are only going to be distributing about 88,000 more Astra Zeneca shots in BC they must be planning to give the other 250k a different shot. 

I don't think they know what they are doing yet.  This 89,000 is just our province's allocation of the 655000 we just received.  Any future AZ to Canada, we would get 13.5% of that too.  If we actually get anymore AZ in June or July.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I don't think they know what they are doing yet.  This 89,000 is just our province's allocation of the 655000 we just received.  Any future AZ to Canada, we would get 13.5% of that too.  If we actually get anymore AZ in June or July.

If we're not sure, we should send them to India where the risk is higher for people there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got my first Pfizer jab, now doing the 15 min wait, the actual vaccinating took a whopping 10 seconds

 

Edit: Heading home, dun feel a thing. The husband on the other hand is feeling the usual soreness

Edited by Kakanucks
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-urge-fans-to-get-vaccinated-so-they-can-get-back-in-the-stands/wcm/0889b0c3-c513-403b-a3e6-d03131d0f45f/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

 

Canucks urge fans to get vaccinated so they can get back in the stands

Dr. Bonnie Henry says that a return of fans to the stands at B.C. sporting events is likely to be possible by next fall. 

 

 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7860457/b-c-s-covid-19-restart-2-0-plan-wont-come-until-after-may-long-weekend/

 

As for professional sports, Henry said she hopes fans will be in the stands by the late summer or fall. This could mean the BC Lions have bums in seats at BC Place for the start of the CFL season.

 

“I’m watching the U.K. where they have done experiments, doing planned events when people are monitored,” Henry said.

 

“Later in the summer, into the fall, we will be looking at spectators in the fall. I would love to see the Canucks again, but next season.”

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Canada with 436,000 jabs today, new record.  If we can keep this rate going, we will be just over 75% of adults with one dose by the end of May.  Quebec dished out 15,000 second doses.  BC with 5200 second doses.

Edited by BCNeil
  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

 

 

 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-urge-fans-to-get-vaccinated-so-they-can-get-back-in-the-stands/wcm/0889b0c3-c513-403b-a3e6-d03131d0f45f/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

 

Canucks urge fans to get vaccinated so they can get back in the stands

Dr. Bonnie Henry says that a return of fans to the stands at B.C. sporting events is likely to be possible by next fall. 

 

 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7860457/b-c-s-covid-19-restart-2-0-plan-wont-come-until-after-may-long-weekend/

 

As for professional sports, Henry said she hopes fans will be in the stands by the late summer or fall. This could mean the BC Lions have bums in seats at BC Place for the start of the CFL season.

 

“I’m watching the U.K. where they have done experiments, doing planned events when people are monitored,” Henry said.

 

“Later in the summer, into the fall, we will be looking at spectators in the fall. I would love to see the Canucks again, but next season.”

I am expecting an email from the Canucks any day now to confirm my payment plan for next year.  

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...