Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


CBH1926

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

 

 

 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-urge-fans-to-get-vaccinated-so-they-can-get-back-in-the-stands/wcm/0889b0c3-c513-403b-a3e6-d03131d0f45f/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

 

Canucks urge fans to get vaccinated so they can get back in the stands

Dr. Bonnie Henry says that a return of fans to the stands at B.C. sporting events is likely to be possible by next fall. 

 

 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7860457/b-c-s-covid-19-restart-2-0-plan-wont-come-until-after-may-long-weekend/

 

As for professional sports, Henry said she hopes fans will be in the stands by the late summer or fall. This could mean the BC Lions have bums in seats at BC Place for the start of the CFL season.

 

“I’m watching the U.K. where they have done experiments, doing planned events when people are monitored,” Henry said.

 

“Later in the summer, into the fall, we will be looking at spectators in the fall. I would love to see the Canucks again, but next season.”

Vaccine passports?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Vaccine passports?  

its a good idea. If you sign up for the BC services app, all the info is right there so its easy to check. 

 

I like the idea of vaccine passports a lot, its a fair way of doing things. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I went to Europe in "68 and had to get a little yellow book filled out by the Health Clinic showing all my vaccinations. Produced this almost as many times as the passport. Didn't think twice about it. 

they still make those, I have one from the Vancouver travel clinic. 

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Vaccine passports?  

In NY, we have the Excelsior pass that verifies if you are vaccinated, or had a recent negative pcr or antigen test. 

 

In large venues like Rangers game, they use it.  Not sure how well it is enforced though.  Hope Canucks will do something similar. 

 

https://www.msg.com/covid-19-testing-information?cmp=web_nyr_testing_subnav_210225

 

  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Lot of cool stats on this thread. Canada may overtake US in first dose % in a week. 

 

 

 

 

 

We will pass the USA next week easy, by 47%.  UK in two weeks, by 56% and then Israel in 3 weeks, by 63%.  By percent of pop.  I don't think anyone will catch back up to us.    

 

Edit, Oh man I finally figured out the main reason Nunavut is lagging Yukon and NWT.  Damn they have a lot of kids living there.  

Yes lots of interesting stats in this thread.  I think we will be faster to our 75% of 12+ getting first doses, as our 7 day average will be much higher than now, over the next few weeks.  With all the vaccines coming next week and then in June, Canada can get daily jabs to 450,000-500,000  

Edited by BCNeil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think you need to do some homework 

Ah just read there's like 100 in jail there. Well I guess that's what happens when you go to communist countries like China, they don't give 2 craps about where your from and will flex their muscles. Not a surprise liberals haven't gotten them out yet they like to appease China to much. Chinese citizens are amazing but their government is a POS. 

 

I don't keep up with world politics much and what's going on. 

Edited by Russ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Russ said:

Not a surprise liberals haven't gotten them out yet they like to appease China to much

Please provide a list of all improperly jailed Canadians in China, that the Conservatives talked the Chinese into releasing, while they were in power in Canada.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Lot of cool stats on this thread. Canada may overtake US in first dose % in a week. 

 

 

 

 

 

could not have done it without Uncle Joe's help, releasing a bunch of vaccinne for Canada to use. Very neighbourly thing to do.

So much nice than the previous guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Russ said:

Ah just read there's like 100 in jail there. Well I guess that's what happens when you go to communist countries like China, they don't give 2 craps about where your from and will flex their muscles. Not a surprise liberals haven't gotten them out yet they like to appease China to much. Chinese citizens are amazing but their government is a POS. 

 

I don't keep up with world politics much and what's going on. 

thats OK, not everyone has the stomach for it.

 

These are the guys I'm referring to in particular: https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/after-shadowy-trials-what-awaits-canadas-two-michaels

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, gurn said:

Please provide a list of all improperly jailed Canadians in China, that the Conservatives talked the Chinese into releasing, while they were in power in Canada.

Cons aren't any better. But they aren't in power right now so the can't really do anything other than condem them. China just has the world by the balls was my point, everyone bends over backwards for the garbage CCP regime. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Russ said:

Cons aren't any better. But they aren't in power right now so the can't really do anything other than condem them. China just has the world by the balls was my point, everyone bends over backwards for the garbage CCP regime. 

They're the super power now, the world did the same with the US when they were on top and the Americans were far bigger aholes than the Chinese

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...