The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

I don't know if this has already been posted... but 1 death has happened due to the AstraZeneca vaccine. 

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-confirms-first-blood-clot-death-in-man-who-received-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-1.5442160

Not an anti-vaxxer but does give some insight to why some people fear vaccines. 

Don't give me that crap you're protecting other people because look at this poor chaps life he died apparently doing the right thing and no justice for him. 

49 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

I don't know if this has already been posted... but 1 death has happened due to the AstraZeneca vaccine. 

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-confirms-first-blood-clot-death-in-man-who-received-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-1.5442160

Don't give me that crap you're protecting other people because look at this poor chaps life he died apparently doing the right thing and no justice for him. 

The anti-vaxxer is afraid of a fire ant nest next to them while a volcano also next to where they are is erupting and about to devastate the area they are in.  One death vs over 8600 deaths in Ontario and counting (7 day average of 22ish right now).

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Vintage 1

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-update-dec-1-1.6041132

B.C. records 250 new cases of COVID-19 and 3 more deaths

There are 296 people in hospital with the disease, 97 of whom are in intensive care

B.C. health officials announced 250 new cases of COVID-19 and three more deaths on Wednesday, bringing the seven-day rolling average of new cases to its lowest point since early November.

In a written statement, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix said there are currently 3,580 active cases of people infected with the novel coronavirus in B.C.

A total of 296 people are in hospital, including 97 in intensive care.

Overall hospitalizations, which typically lag behind spikes and dips in new cases, are down by 13 per cent from last Wednesday, when 340 people were in hospital with the disease. 

The number of patients in intensive care is down by about 18 per cent from 118 a week ago.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, drummer4now said:

how many people infected others without knowing it? how many deaths did that cause? 

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, drummer4now said:

So that makes it 1 death for AstraZeneca and 25,390 for Covid -19, in Canada.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That's almost as lopsided as Jets - Oilers.....

I looked for an updated total on how many AstraZeneca vaccine have been administered, to compare the mortality rate of it, versus covid mortality, but can't find the amount  of jabs.

On 5/25/2021 at 1:23 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

BC Restart Plan

526A10B9-B675-4329-9613-1114E607F287.thumb.png.49d9da114bd9c1017e2b53bb81178046.png

Bonnie just confirmed we have already hit our June 15th immunization target.  65.8% of 18+.  Those 70% goals should be hit by Monday.  

14 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Bonnie just confirmed we have already hit our June 15th immunization target.  65.8% of 18+.  Those 70% goals should be hit by Monday.  

I'm surprised at how many 12 year olds are getting their shots.  Over half my class of eligible age have already got their first jab

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm surprised at how many 12 year olds are getting their shots.  Over half my class of eligible age have already got their first jab

I've heard in some areas more 12-17 year olds have got the vaccine, than the 18-25 age group.  Because they can go in with their parents during their appointments.  Whereas the 18-25 had to book and those bookings are just coming up now.

2 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

Cases went up today to 378 but second doses will ramp up which is great news

Yes. Daily rates can flux a bit. The 7 day ave is trending in the right direction though. Don't go visit AB or MB please. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

Cases went up today to 378 but second doses will ramp up which is great news

Its best to compare each day of the week with the same day from the last week, as there is a lot of variation in the number of tests being done on different days of the week.

Then the long weekend messes that up even more.  Last week we had 521 cases Wednesday and 357 Thursday.  This week 250 on Wednesday and 378 on Thursday, the holiday Monday shifted some cases ahead.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Funny how even a couple of months ago, the idea of this virus leaking from the Wuhan Institute of Virology was met with derision and mockery from so many "informed" folks. Many passing it off as a conspiracy theory.

Yet, now it's being considered and the majority of people who mocked and derided are as quiet as field mice. What a shock that the Chinese Communist Party isn't willing to work with the international community one bit. The CCP has proven over and over again how irresponsible they are when it comes to communication with other countries. They can't and shouldn't be trusted. Nor should the WHO. 

I always thought it was a possibility. I've heard about the CCP doing all sorts of offside lab stuff and even offshore in NK for the really dicey stuff ( human cloning for organs etc) of course I take it with a big grain of salt. 

If  covid was a leak/accident then the criticism should be why they waited so long after seeing the Drs falling ill. If it is some how found out that it was intentional, then that should be the beginning of ...

The John Cena thingy shows me that the dislike/trust of the CCP has spread across the political spectrum. Everyone on all sides seem to be PO'd at him.

It's long over due that we stop buying Chinese goods. We the people could impact them and if there was pressure on our no backbone gov's in the West, we could see change. 

Gotta try to bridge the left/ right divide and see the real evil is the giant corps and top money earners that can influence the politicians.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I always thought it was a possibility. I've heard about the CCP doing all sorts of offside lab stuff and even offshore in NK for the really dicey stuff ( human cloning for organs etc) of course I take it with a big grain of salt. 

If  covid was a leak/accident then the criticism should be why they waited so long after seeing the Drs falling ill. If it is some how found out that it was intentional, then that should be the beginning of ...

Highly doubt it would have been intentional, but wouldn't be surprised with how sociopathic the CCP is towards the safety of their own people. There were three lab workers in the WIV that fell ill in November 2019 with what was thought to have been pneumonia, with two of the people needing hospitalization.  

The John Cena thingy shows me that the dislike/trust of the CCP has spread across the political spectrum. Everyone on all sides seem to be PO'd at him.

People like Cena will ally themselves with who makes them the most money. Same with Lebron James and half of the NBA. 

It's long over due that we stop buying Chinese goods. We the people could impact them and if there was pressure on our no backbone gov's in the West, we could see change. 

I agree. Putting it into practice is a lot harder seeing as how much of what is manufactured globally comes from China. Can only imagine the deplorable pay and conditions the average manufacturing worker deals with. It's up to the people to make the moves to get rid of governments that don't work for them. Hopefully that happens. 

Gotta try to bridge the left/ right divide and see the real evil is the giant corps and top money earners that can influence the politicians.

That's easy enough. All one has to do is think for themselves and be willing to have a discussion where they actually listen to the other person's viewpoints without ego or the need to be right. Sadly, there are too many drones in society who are all too happy to follow orders and obey. 

• Cheers 2