The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I fully support a vaccine passport....100%....but it needs to be full proof and unable to to faked...OMG...now we're back to something in the vaccine that they could scan us for that will say if we've been vaccinated or not...cue the conspiracy theories! :o:lol::ph34r:

Keep our borders closed until we are at LEAST 75% vaccinated as is the country of origin from which visitors would enter. AND they must show proof of vaccination... BOTH doeses.

Yes, some sort of proof that can't be faked.  With substantial penalties to any faked documents.  For foreigners trying to enter Canada, lifetime ban.  For Canadians huge fines and void their passports.  I guess the government will still have to figure out which vaccines will count?  Will Chinese or Russian vaccines count?  

I think 75% is a good number before we open up.  But it might be a bit high to expect that from other countries.  America will never get that high.  India will never get that high.  

I don't know how well that would go with the USA.  Telling them we are interested in opening the border, but for us travelling there only.  I think as long as they have both doses it will be fine.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

TOTALLY with you on this. I  have not seen my elderly mother in almost 2 years and she is, sadly, slowly failing. She lives in another health authority at the coast.

I have followed every single bloody protocol in order to do my part....and in order to protect others from ME.

And then, people I know well have flouted the PHOs.....done EXACTLY as they've pleased, thumbing their noses at requests from government....jumping the queues for vaccinations...... had company come from Alberta....... have rolled their eyes at me when I refuse an invitation to a birthday party being held indoors..

I am so &^@#ing sick of self-entitled assholes who seem to think that they have no responsibilities in this. Either to themselves or to others...and not even strangers, but members of their family who may not be so healthy or without comorbidities.

I fully support a vaccine passport....100%....but it needs to be full proof and unable to to faked...OMG...now we're back to something in the vaccine that they could scan us for that will say if we've been vaccinated or not...cue the conspiracy theories! :o:lol::ph34r:

Keep our borders closed until we are at LEAST 75% vaccinated as is the country of origin from which visitors would enter. AND they must show proof of vaccination... BOTH doeses.

We're ALL tired of this pandemic.....but it is absolutely disheartening to watch people refusing to do their part so we can all get out of this as quickly and safely as possible. If nothing else, it truly has been a study in human nature, this past 14 months....People I would never have thought would (or could) act so selfishly have proven that they can....and others have gone way over the top to ensure that they and those they love remain safe and COVID-free.

Well said, and much better than I could have said it, thank you!

4 hours ago, Russ said:

My kids 3 and 1. Going to wait for more info well before I would consider vaccinating them when the time comes.

And I said "any time soon" not "never" so way to twist my words. 

I've got a 3yo and 1yo too... the 1yo is nursing, so our hope is she is getting some antibodies from my wife (who has had her vaccination)... the 3yo is also drinking pumped milk.  There have been studies done already where antibodies have been shown to be present in breast milk upto 80 days after the mother received the vaccine. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/vaccinated-mothers-can-transfer-coronavirus-antibodies-through-breast-milk-studies-suggest-1.5380478

Edited by HKSR

5 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

It is looking like approval for children as young as around 4 will get approval late this year or early next year.  By then, participants in the phased trials last year would have been fully vaccinated for a full year and many of the early 12 to 15 year old children will have been fully vaccinated.  That should provide a wealth of data when it comes to approving vaccinations for younger children.  Hardly something a rushed job, experimental vaccine would look like.

EDIT:  just providing some info.  Not being critical of your position.  Vaccines for your children probably won't be available until next year.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/05/20/998533237/fauci-says-he-expects-vaccines-for-younger-children-by-end-of-year-or-early-2022

Fauci Says He Expects Vaccines For Younger Children By End Of Year Or Early 2022

Like I am fine getting it for myself, I have no issues with that.  I know my brother in law got the AZ and was basically knocked out for 3 days because it hit him so hard, even one guy at work got Pfizer and was out for a whole weekend he was saying so I have no interest in putting my young children through that feeling until things are down pat show safe for their ages.  I am fine waiting until next spring/summer if it means more long term tests are done on other children to prove its safe for such young kids.

39 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I've got a 3yo and 1yo too... the 1yo is nursing, so our hope is she is getting some antibodies from my wife (who has had her vaccination)... the 3yo is also drinking pumped milk.  There have been studies done already where antibodies have been shown to be present in breast milk upto 80 days after the mother received the vaccine. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/vaccinated-mothers-can-transfer-coronavirus-antibodies-through-breast-milk-studies-suggest-1.5380478

I have heard that about other stuff in the past, glad to see there may be some going into my baby but not directly as a shot.  Hopefully it actually happens and they can work on getting their immune system built up in the mean time via the milk.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

If the numbers stay low over the weekend, our 7 day average should fall to where it was back in early November before wave 2. 

So that would time nicely when Horgan gives his reopening plan Tuesday.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, BCNeil said:

If the numbers stay low over the weekend, our 7 day average should fall to where it was back in early November before wave 2. 

So that would time nicely when Horgan gives his reopening plan Tuesday.  

I've thoroughly enjoyed the travel restrictions but I don't wish financial harm or sickness on anyone.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Why does my vaccine arm hurt so effing much?

I got hit with a slap shot on the eye brow playing hockey and this vaccine hurts more. WTF

yep. kept me up most of the night.....and I am super tough too!

Not joking, it pissed me off, 

2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Why does my vaccine arm hurt so effing much?

I got hit with a slap shot on the eye brow playing hockey and this vaccine hurts more. WTF

My buddy got  the jab on Sunday. Said his arm hurt for two days and flu like symptoms for 3. And I go tomorrow. :P

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My buddy got  the jab on Sunday. Said his arm hurt for two days and flu like symptoms for 3. And I go tomorrow. :P

I got jabbed with Moderna a week ago.  Arm was sore for a couple of days, but no other side effects.  Not even 5G or invisibility.

Good luck.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

I got jabbed with Moderna a week ago.  Arm was sore for a couple of days, but no other side effects.  Not even 5G or invisibility.

Good luck.

Its password protected to activate the special ability. 

Password: MAGA.

:ph34r:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

Good luck.

I got Pfizer.  I'm not sure if it was the ambient lighting, but the vial did look kind of blue.  Aside from a sore arm though, still nothing stirring down there.  :unsure:

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I got Pfizer.  I'm not sure if it was the ambient lighting, but the vial did look kind of blue.  Aside from a sore arm though, still nothing stirring down there.  :unsure:

You're supposed to fill out the coupon for your free blue pill. ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1