The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I am not speaking in terms of right wing or left wing… or even Q

Just what I have researched and read earlier on when this pizzagate stuff was emerging. 

A lot of the emails that were posted on various sites have been taken down so there was an obvious coverup. 

You don’t know the jest of what disturbing stuff was leaked in those emails. 

Anyway your choice if you want to believe in it . 

lemme guess.......do your research? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

6 adults in my immediate family are booked for their second dose this month and all of the little ones got their first. Things are really looking up at this point. Any idea what's happening with the under 12 vaccinations? I know you have your finger on the pulse of things so I figured I'd ask. 

Trials are underway for younger kids. They are smaller and different dosages will be compared for safety and immunogenicity.  Recruitment may be slow since parents may not want their kids to take part.  Also, as cases drop in US and Canada, the trials will take longer to reach the endpoint. My guess is probably not until very late this year.  I don't expect it by the upcoming school year. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jaimito said:

You believe everything you read on Twitter? 

How about reading what that scientist concluded after he studied it?  The scientist who looked at it with an open mind, then determined it to be not a lab engineered or leak after thorough analysis?  He and others published their findings in Nature, among the most prestigious scientific journals. I haven't got any published there yet. You can read that paper here:  

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

Retail masks don't work in protection especially during long exposure times, that's why we wear N95 when treating a Covid or TB patient.  I wore them for over a year now. It's N95 for me or nothing.  

What regular surgical masks can do is to prevent spread of droplets.  Fauci underestimated the impact of asymptomatic or presymptomatic transmission, and he admitted he was wrong on that.  Hence the reversal which resulted in mask mandate with regular masks.  Making an error is not the same as intentional lying, like Trump saying it's just a regular flu, but admitted to Bob Woodward on audio recording that he knew and was advised that the virus is serious and deadly. 

So many ignorant people looking for a "gotcha" moment

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, stawns said:

So many ignorant people looking for a "gotcha" moment

Some of these people suffer from the psychology that there has to be a cause for big events.  It cannot be random.  It's a similar story to people who cannot accept evolution or the big bang, but can accept that there was a global flood that wiped out life on the planet and the only reason we are here is because some old due build a boat.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

On 6/3/2021 at 2:10 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Canada is the beautiful stallion that no one bets on, is slow out of the gate, but does amazing in the final stretch. 

But Trudeau has no clue what he is doing...... :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Got my second dose booked.  I was on the CEV list that got letters April 6th, but had to wait till May 16th to get my vaccine, as I had to stop taking a medication for a time period.

But looks like I am getting invited for the second dose with the CEV crowd,  I can book today if I wanted, which seems odd since its only been 20 days.

I wanted to go to the drive through and its first date is June 27 so I will do that, 6 weeks between doses.  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

interesting story about my second dose on wednesday night

much like my first dose, I got a text from a work colleague, who is good friends with the guy who runs the clinic for Interior Health in Vernon, who said "if you can make it down, there's one left waiting for you thst expires at 7:30.  It was 7:10, so I grabbed my stuff and headed out to the clinic.  Halfway there she sends me an address.......I google map it and it's a house.  The next text says "it's weird, but go".  

I pull into a culdesac and go up to the door and the wife answers and the first words out of her mouth are "I know this is sketchy, but it's legit, it's not some back alley vaccine.  i go out to their pool deck and the guy is there with a cooler and medical equipment.  I feel better because he's the guy who took my info for my first shot.  I guess the clinic closes at 5 and they had doses left over that would have been thrown out, but he convinced interior health to let him take them home and find arms to put them in.

Both my doses ended up being the last dose of the day, from ones tghat would have been discarded otherwise

:shock:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

:shock:

That's how I felt!  Ultimately that was very open minded of interior health as several people got shots that would have been thrown out otherwise.  I was glad I recognized the guy, that's for sure

2 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Got my second dose booked.  I was on the CEV list that got letters April 6th, but had to wait till May 16th to get my vaccine, as I had to stop taking a medication for a time period.

But looks like I am getting invited for the second dose with the CEV crowd,  I can book today if I wanted, which seems odd since its only been 20 days.

I wanted to go to the drive through and its first date is June 27 so I will do that, 6 weeks between doses.  

At the risk of causing some confusion:   I phoned the BC Vaccine hotline (1-833-838-2323) and was told that I should have a minimum eight weeks between my first and second Pfizer shots.

The lady I spoke to said that if I had less than eight weeks when I showed up for my second shot I would probably be told to go home and rebook.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

interesting story about my second dose on wednesday night

much like my first dose, I got a text from a work colleague, who is good friends with the guy who runs the clinic for Interior Health in Vernon, who said "if you can make it down, there's one left waiting for you thst expires at 7:30.  It was 7:10, so I grabbed my stuff and headed out to the clinic.  Halfway there she sends me an address.......I google map it and it's a house.  The next text says "it's weird, but go".  

I pull into a culdesac and go up to the door and the wife answers and the first words out of her mouth are "I know this is sketchy, but it's legit, it's not some back alley vaccine.  i go out to their pool deck and the guy is there with a cooler and medical equipment.  I feel better because he's the guy who took my info for my first shot.  I guess the clinic closes at 5 and they had doses left over that would have been thrown out, but he convinced interior health to let him take them home and find arms to put them in.

Both my doses ended up being the last dose of the day, from ones tghat would have been discarded otherwise

That is quite the story, I believe you but that sure does seem sketchy...especially considering how IH just let a worker take vaccines home in the hopes that he would find people who meet the criteria to get the jab. Either way, congrats on getting the 2nd dose. You have quite the story to tell for many years now

4 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

At the risk of causing some confusion:   I phoned the BC Vaccine hotline (1-833-838-2323) and was told that I should have a minimum eight weeks between my first and second Pfizer shots.

The lady I spoke to said that if I had less than eight weeks when I showed up for my second shot I would probably be told to go home and rebook.

I was about 7-8, but it wasn't a booked shot.  Pfizer themselves said 3-4 didn't they?

https://www.pfizer.ca/statement-pfizer-position-dosing-intervals-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine

Edited by stawns

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I was about 7-8, but it wasn't a booked shot.  Pfizer themselves said 3-4 didn't they?

https://www.pfizer.ca/statement-pfizer-position-dosing-intervals-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine

When my wife and I got our Pfizer shots we were told the second would be in 16 weeks. As we were walking out I said 20 bucks says that now that there are more doses available there will soon be an announcement that the interval will be shortened considerably. IMHO the dosage interval laid out by the government has always been more about supply availability than the optimum efficacy. I do believe that Pfizer originally said 3 weeks.

• Vintage 1