The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Here's the thing.

I don't need a lottery to go get my vaccines. But will I say no if the BC government gave me $1 million to do the right thing, I'm all for it. It's sad that government has to result in bribery to get the morons to get vaccinated. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

So apparently Eric Clapton and Van Morrison are part of the anti vax crowd. I, at one time was hoping to see EC live, not anymore.

Maybe they will change their tune after they contract the virus...just like Ted Nugent. Sometimes people  just make you give your head a shake...I have a close friend and some family who I looked up to growing up who are against the vaccine as of now...stating they need more data or want to wait and see if there are any side effects a while after being vaccinated

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Wow... finally... we're getting there...

Now we need to ramp up those 2nd doses!  That delta variant is looming...

Got my second dose yesterday 

I was super impressed with organization of the whole thing at vaccine center in Coquitlam 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It doesn't surprise me. Older, wealthy, I've seen YouTube clips of Roger Daltrey and he sounds like a total bastard. When Bobby Orr was saying he was pro Trump that just made me lose so much respect for the guy. 

I'm embarrassed to say that I used to admire their talents and their music. The sad thing, I have Sirius XM radio, and the one station I always have on is Classic Vinyl. Morrison and EC are so fixed on their playlist, that I feel like calling them out on it. I guess they're nothing more than entitled shyte.

Edited by johngould21
  • Vintage 1

What is the concern of vaccination with people that are trying to get pregnant?

My niece and her husband are thinking about having a second child and are hesitant to getting vaccinated.

I don't know why, I am not up to speed with why they might fear it. 

Anyone got info? are they just being dummies? 

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What is the concern of vaccination with people that are trying to get pregnant?

My niece and her husband are thinking about having a second child and are hesitant to getting vaccinated.

I don't know why, I am not up to speed with why they might fear it. 

Anyone got info? are they just being dummies? 

There was stuff floating around about the vax causing infertility...but it was debunked as I recall.

• Thanks 1

Meanwhile in the south, the confrontational anti-mask attitude has cost a grocery store clerk her life.....

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/14/us/georgia-deputy-shooting-decatur/index.html

A dispute over a mask Monday at a grocery store led to shootout that left an employee dead and two people, including a sheriff's deputy, injured, according to DeKalb County Sheriff Melody Maddox.

The suspect entered the Big Bear Supermarket at South DeKalb Mall in Decatur, in the Atlanta-metro area, where there was an argument with the cashier over a mask. Maddox gave few details about the argument but said it was over a face mask.
The suspect then shot the employee and she died from her injuries, Maddox said at a news conference Monday.
A reserve deputy working security at the store fired at the suspect, who returned fire. Both were injured and taken to local hospitals.

Maddox said the reserve deputy was a 30-year veteran of the force prior to retiring and joining the reserve unit. He is in stable condition.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation and DeKalb County Police are investigating the incident.

<_<
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 2

I understand the lottery ideas to stimulate dumb ass people getting vaxxed.

But, what about us good people? We don't get a chance to win millions? or is it for all vaccinated in Ab? not that I live there..

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

All the vaccine brands?

I suppose that must be what they must be worried about.

Honestly B, nothing against your niece and her husband, but this is pretty simple....

....they should ask their doctor. (who will immediately tell them there is no risk)

Why do people take medical advice from the internet? :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I'm embarrassed to say that I used to admire their talents and their music. The sad thing, I have Sirius XM radio, and the one station I always have on is Classic Vinyl. Morrison and EC are so fixed on their playlist, that I feel like calling them out on it. I guess they're nothing more than entitled shyte.

Proof you can be a genius at music, but not educated in other things. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, BoKnows said:

Got my first dose a week ago.  When is the 5G supposed to kick in?

You have to scan your Windows 10 serial number using the microchip that was implanted with the vaccine.

Password is applesux!

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Honestly B, nothing against your niece and her husband, but this is pretty simple....

....they should ask their doctor. (who will immediately tell them there is no risk)

Why do people take medical advice from the internet? :unsure:

Bingo.

I have no problem telling them that they are dummies.

However, their nurse friend was just talking the other night about how harsh the vaccine was and how it increased an under arm lymph node so much that she though she was growing a third boob.

I told the husband today, yeah....she's a nurse not a doctor....and 3 boobs? that sounds like you three discussing something you have no idea about. 

That said, I didn't have the ammo to tell him why the vax is safe. 

I will heed your obvious advice. Talk to your doctor!

oh and Edit:

My niece already has had covid and her husband didn't get it and he didn't isolate. She said it was just like the flu so...anecdotal evidence for them says this virus isn't a big deal :sadno:

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1