The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

NACI posted the latest recommendations. 

NACI recommends that:

o Persons who received a first dose of the AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccine

may receive either AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccine or an mRNA vaccine

(Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) for their second dose, unless contraindicated.

o Persons who received a first dose of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or

Moderna) should be offered the same mRNA vaccine for their second dose. If

the same mRNA vaccine is not readily available or unknown, another mRNA

vaccine can be considered interchangeable and should be offered to complete

the vaccine series.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac-aspc/documents/services/immunization/national-advisory-committee-on-immunization-naci/summary-interchangeability-authorized-covid-19-vaccines-en.pdf

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

NACI posted the latest recommendations. 

NACI recommends that:

o Persons who received a first dose of the AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccine

may receive either AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccine or an mRNA vaccine

(Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) for their second dose, unless contraindicated.

o Persons who received a first dose of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or

Moderna) should be offered the same mRNA vaccine for their second dose. If

the same mRNA vaccine is not readily available or unknown, another mRNA

vaccine can be considered interchangeable and should be offered to complete

the vaccine series.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac-aspc/documents/services/immunization/national-advisory-committee-on-immunization-naci/summary-interchangeability-authorized-covid-19-vaccines-en.pdf

Thanks for posting, the question I have is what is the time frame in between shots if someone had the AstraZeneca for their 1st dose but want to get an MRNA 2nd dose shot? Is it still 8 weeks apart? My mother in law wants to try and be fully vaccinated before our child is born but she has called pharmacies in Kelowna and they told her she has to wait a longer time due to having the Astra shot as it shows better results if you get the 2nd Astra shot around 12 weeks apart but she is now able to get the 2nd shot being an MRNA, what will the interval time be if she wants a pfizer or moderna?

40 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Thanks for posting, the question I have is what is the time frame in between shots if someone had the AstraZeneca for their 1st dose but want to get an MRNA 2nd dose shot? Is it still 8 weeks apart? My mother in law wants to try and be fully vaccinated before our child is born but she has called pharmacies in Kelowna and they told her she has to wait a longer time due to having the Astra shot as it shows better results if you get the 2nd Astra shot around 12 weeks apart but she is now able to get the 2nd shot being an MRNA, what will the interval time be if she wants a pfizer or moderna?

That’s a really good question.  I think dr. Bonnie recently said the Astra Vaccine (first shot) becomes more effective nearer the 12 weeks, so the second dose (no matter which vaccine) is delayed to boost the effectiveness of that first Astra dose.  I’m probably wrong, but I though she said that.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

That’s a really good question.  I think dr. Bonnie recently said the Astra Vaccine (first shot) becomes more effective nearer the 12 weeks, so the second dose (no matter which vaccine) is delayed to boost the effectiveness of that first Astra dose.  I’m probably wrong, but I though she said that.  

BC might be different.  But Alberta is going to shorten the second dose to 8 weeks, if they want AZ or an mRNA.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Alflives said:

I do know she mentioned the Astra was better with a longer wait period inbetween doses, just unsure if that was if 2nd dose  was Astra as well or not

9 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Couldn't have happened to a better person.   Embedded in the article are a number of his greatest COVID-19 hits.  

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/anti-vax-covid-19-conspiracy-theorist-rick-wiles-hospitalized-with-covid-19/

Anti-Vax COVID-19 Conspiracy Theorist Rick Wiles Hospitalized With COVID-19

Sounds like a lovely man after reading that article.... Guess god may have sent the death angel after him!

• Hydration 2
11 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Couldn't have happened to a better person.   Embedded in the article are a number of his greatest COVID-19 hits.  

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/anti-vax-covid-19-conspiracy-theorist-rick-wiles-hospitalized-with-covid-19/

Anti-Vax COVID-19 Conspiracy Theorist Rick Wiles Hospitalized With COVID-19

Two lines jumped out at me:

The only good thing that will come out of this is a lot of stupid people will be killed off,” Wiles added.

and this one:

...anyone who dared to mock Wiles at this moment was only adding fuel to “their flames of torment in hell.”

• Hydration 2

I am never certain about these kinds of people.:

does Wiles believe the crap he spews or

does he say crap to make money

or is it both?

• Hydration 1
38 minutes ago, gurn said:

I am never certain about these kinds of people.:

does Wiles believe the crap he spews or

does he say crap to make money

or is it both?

He comes off as a true believer to me....

The "for profit" crowd are mainly in Congress and Faux News.....

• Upvote 2
On 6/1/2021 at 10:39 AM, Jaimito said:

Fauci and Collins both think it is likely of natural origin. They are just saying your can't disprove a negative.  Most scientists are saying you can't rule it out, but that doesn't mean there is evidence for it. There are still no facts to support it. Just speculation.  To say you should investigate all possibilities including lab accidents, is not saying lab accident is the most likely scenario. 

You can test lab workers that were sick back in Nov by doing serology tests looking for antibodies. They were tested, and all were negative.  People getting sick in middle of a respiratory illness season is nothing unusual. People will say they are lying, what else can you do?  From most genetic evaluation, it is likely SARS-COV-2 enter the human population no earlier than Oct 2019.  So there is already community spread in Nov.  There are two variants already in Dec.  Meanwhile they are plenty of evidence of natural bat SARS-related coronaviruses and spillover events including exposures in rural Chinese farmers at 3% positivity.  SARS is basically COVID-02 and MERS is COVID-12.  Nature is telling us something.  It will be dangerous to dismiss a natural origin.  Politicization will most likely ensure that the true origin will be harder to be elucidated. 

Origin of HIV took decades to figure out. Many believed it was a US bioweapon.  MERS took at least a year, SARS a few years. Ebola origin is still not found, although bats are suspected. 

Lab accidents in the past have happen, but they are known viruses. There is no evidence that SARS-COV-2 was discovered or characterized prior to the pandemic. The closest known virus is 96% identical, but that is still too different. It's almost like saying orangutan is the same as humans. 

Daszak is a reasonable person. He does have experience working with the WIV and one of the reason he was chosen is because he is trusted by Chinese scientists.  He has made it publics that he gave his opinion last after everyone has given their opinion. Getting cooperation from Chinese officials is critical.  Going into a foreign country like the Iranian nuclear inspection isn't going to work. 

This interview with a coronavirus researcher that published on SARS-COV-2 origins is pretty good.   He debunks many conspiracy theories. 

This aged well, Fauci is a fraud and needs to go to jail

image.png.4f104673f6acf05c3bab786cb50eac09.png

And now the coverup begins

image.thumb.jpeg.cc1a05773fd3c36ddd5515a381a36901.jpeg

• RoughGame 1
5 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

this is so stupid. Do you really think Fauci didn't know his emails were public record? The right wing nut bars are going to try to cherry pick and misquote anything they can to push the anti-everything ideology.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

You mean these emails.  Care to provide the actual emails that show Fauci was lying and is a fraud.  I mean, you can post anything on Twitter and then screen shot it.  Like an actual link to the emails in question there.  That would have been nice.  

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nataliebettendorf/fauci-emails-covid-response

Anthony Fauci’s Emails Reveal The Pressure That Fell On One Man

Thousands of pages of communications obtained by BuzzFeed News show how Fauci tried to keep Americans calm and develop an effective strategy despite conflicts with the Trump administration.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

FFS....

Post a couple of tweets from conspiracy theorists as if they actually prove something..... :picard:

• Vintage 2
13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

lol.  How about the twitter posts by Dotards minions saying he'll be reinstated as the Prez in August?:lol:

Grifters gotta grift.:P

Is it August now? Last I heard was July 4th....:unsure:

Lots of talk from Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell and their Legion of Doof followers about a "Minamar" style coup.....

• Hydration 2
1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Michael Flynn

This man needs to be careful; it is possible to call him back to active duty, and then charge him for sedition.

Ex military folk need to be extremely careful.

• Hydration 2
2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

FFS....

Post a couple of tweets from conspiracy theorists as if they actually prove something..... :picard:

This message was brought to you from the creator of pizzagate. Is there anything these morons won't believe? 

2 hours ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Lol, brought to you from the creator of pizzagate. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2