The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, stawns said:

My gf mixed AZ and Pfizer

My wife and I did the same.

Neither of us felt anything from the first dose of AZ, but we've both been feeling crappy for a couple of days from dose 2 of the Pfizer.

9 minutes ago, spur1 said:

My grandfather got the Spanish flu while in the trenches of WW1. He drank a quart of motor oil get it over with quickly after watching what was happening to his fellow soldiers. Turns out he survived and to his last days he claimed the oil saved him. 

Holy crap. That's insane. 

11 minutes ago, D-Money said:

My wife and I did the same.

Neither of us felt anything from the first dose of AZ, but we've both been feeling crappy for a couple of days from dose 2 of the Pfizer.

my gf was opposite.  AZ knocked her down hard for a good three days.  She didn't feel anything on the pfizer shot

6 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I've tried all three before, and I think that the price is quite inflated for the Johnny Blue for what it gives.  Having said that, Johnny Red is vile, and Johnny Black is bearable in a pinch.  Johnny Blue is good, but not $300/bottle good (in comparison to the pricing of Johnny Black, for example).  Also, there are less expensive single malts that are better than Johnny Blue.

Exactly. Several of them, in fact....

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There's even a better JW in the Green label, which is a blended malt instead of a true blend.  It's far cheaper too.

Yep. A good friend of mine (a dentist with too much money) orders it all the time....I generally don't do Scotch when I'm at the bar because it's too pricey, but every once in a while I cave and have a Glenlivet or something similar.....

19 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's mind boggling to me....the rationale behind not wanting the vax.  Uh, here's the flipside....good luck.

I'd normally say, "eff them if they want to take that chance" but they could just as likely infect other people (or even have a slight chance of infecting those that are vaccinated).

8 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I love it when a heavy topic thread devolves into chatter about booze... shows our priorities in times of crisis :gocan:

It says something about society that the liquor stores were essentially deemed essential services...

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It says something about society that the liquor stores were essentially deemed essential services...

Don't want alcoholics forced to quit cold turkey causing further strain on the hospitals.  The optics aren't great but it makes sense.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Don't want alcoholics forced to quit cold turkey causing further strain on the hospitals.  The optics aren't great but it makes sense.

Sure, you make a good point. 

One nasty ass drug that the collect 'we' celebrate.

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

....and after about 45 years of "disinfecting" my insides should be pretty much pristine....

Alc is terrible for the liver. Lemon is great for the liver.

I drink vodka, lemon and soda.

balance-is-the-key-to-life-i2899.jpg.386952dd1ae4f7fe4742dff240513226.jpg

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Am I wrong to secretly hope that this truck driver would have just kept driving? How do you cull people this stupid?

IF I'm the trucker I'm asking the cops to arrest those folk for illegal confinement.

I have no problem with protests, but  the right to protest is not the right to impede. Stay on the sidewalks.

• Vintage 1

13 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Am I wrong to secretly hope that this truck driver would have just kept driving? How do you cull people this stupid?

I'm secretly hoping all the vaccines are flown in :P

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The armed forces are driving the inter-provincial delivery plan.  I'm sure they're using every resource at their disposal, including flights.  ;)

Being against vaccination may be a personal choice but deciding that you should be allowed to block vaccine access for others is beyond stupid and arrogant. Arrest them immediately and clear the road. You are free to protest but not to stop me from getting my vaccination.