The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

lots of green for me, though I don't think I'm mentally there yet, personally.

You raise a really good point about the individual (even when fully vaccinated) still needing time to get comfortable with close groups.  Hopefully the concepts of cleanliness and awareness of others’ personal space are things that people keep as things to do.  I’d say wearing masks in and around elderly folk in nursing homes would be smart too.  

Just now, Alflives said:

You raise a really good point about the individual (even when fully vaccinated) still needing time to get comfortable with close groups.  Hopefully the concepts of cleanliness and awareness of others’ personal space are things that people keep as things to do.  I’d say wearing masks in and around elderly folk in nursing homes would be smart too.  

yeah, that's going to be an ease back into it thing for me.  That said, after wearing masks all day everyday since October the thought of not wearing them is amazing.  My mom is fully vaxxed now and it's going to be nice to go into her house and not worry about it...........not worry much about it.  I don't know when the nagging worry will go away.  It'll be nice to see some friends without masks too

• Huggy Bear 1

And for those still resting on "just old folks/won't get us":

https://globalnews.ca/news/7982630/bc-double-lung-transplant-covid/?utm_medium=Twitter&utm_source=%40BC1

This part in particular:

“They were all previously healthy, working, had families, with no co-morbidities, and they range from early 30s to mid-50s.”

Stay vigilant for a while longer, folks....we're not at the finish line yet.  Pace yourselves.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Very interesting interview with the Pulitzer Prize winning scientific journalist Laurie Garrett.  She was also a consultant on the movie Contagion.   

She was in China during the SARS outbreak in 2003.  Her first-hand accounts of the wet markets and descriptions of political cover ups by the Chinese government at different levels and how it parallels the COVID pandemic, is a great listen.  It's a long one, but while worth it.  

Edited by Jaimito

7 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Pfizer squared.  Took longer to wait the 15 minutes after getting the shot than it took to go through and get my 2nd Pfizer dose.  

2 weeks until chip fully online.  :gocan:

Might get a little magnetism before then

Got my second dose just now, Moderna this time.  I thought going to the South Surrey park and ride drive through would be better than going inside.  I didn't know at the time I booked it would be 40C in their parking lot you wait in for 15 minutes.  I look like I've been in a wet t-shirt contest.  Great to have everything done before the end of June.

• Upvote 1

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-feeling-bad-after-a-second-dose-heres-why-that-should-buy-you-some/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Coronavirus Update&utm_content=2021-6-27_19&utm_term=Coronavirus Update: Your second-dose symptoms are a good thing, experts say &utm_campaign=newsletter&cu_id=t7%2BP3rI%2Bt%2FYx5Iui%2B6yRZxVYYZ6TE%2BGK

Feeling bad after a second COVID-19 vaccine dose? Here’s why that should buy you some peace of mind

If you’re lucky, getting your second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine may make you feel worse than some people feel after getting infected with the virus itself.

“Feeling poorly for a couple of days is assurance that the vaccine has worked,” said Cecile King, an immunologist and associate professor at the University of New South Wales in Australia. “The effect is temporary and not dangerous.”

And just when I was getting a bit concerned because I had no reaction to either shot, the article goes on to say:

However, that doesn’t mean people who had very little initial reaction to a vaccine are unprotected. The intensity of the reaction varies greatly between individuals, and it tends to be stronger in females and younger recipients with more robust immune systems. Genetics also play a role, as do the microbes we carry around with us, which fine tune and individualize our immune systems.

Got my 2nd dose of Pfizer yesterday and am a bit concerned.  I'm starting to be developing what I can only explain as a mild form of X-ray vision.  I'm starting to be able to see through people's clothing... it has me alarmed.

• Haha 3