Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Saw the Hip in Stanley Park, it was a great time. I think I was the only person there not high. 

They sold out a Saturday show so put on an extra Friday night. I saw them on Friday and they:

Showed late

Drunk

Played poorly.

Played songs that sold 5 copies.

 

The reviews were so bad that they  were all sober, on time and in playing shape the next night.

Some people don't like Randy Bachman, but that guy literally played straight his entire career. If he was bad at a show you knew it wasn't booze or drugs.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

46% won't.  29% probably won't.  65% of American adults have gotten at least 1 dose.  If the remaining 35% who haven't gotten a shot follow the polling numbers, that means the absolute best that can be achieved is around 84%.  The worst (if all the probably won't people don't) is around 74%.  

 

 

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/559122-poll-46-percent-of-unvaccinated-say-they-will-definitely-not-get-vaccine

Poll: 46 percent of unvaccinated say they will definitely not get vaccine

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

46% won't.  29% probably won't.  65% of American adults have gotten at least 1 dose.  If the remaining 35% who haven't gotten a shot follow the polling numbers, that means the absolute best that can be achieved is around 84%.  The worst (if all the probably won't people don't) is around 74%.  

 

 

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/559122-poll-46-percent-of-unvaccinated-say-they-will-definitely-not-get-vaccine

Poll: 46 percent of unvaccinated say they will definitely not get vaccine

where in the bible did Jesus say don't get vaccinated?

 

 
 

Nearly half of Americans who are unvaccinated say they will definitely not get the coronavirus vaccine, according to a new poll.

The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll reported that 46 percent of the unvaccinated said they will definitely not get the vaccine and 29 percent said they will probably not get the vaccine. 

Those who are most hesitant to get the coronavirus vaccine include white evangelicals, Republicans, rural Americans, young adults and those without college degrees. 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

where in the bible did Jesus say don't get vaccinated?

 

 
 

Nearly half of Americans who are unvaccinated say they will definitely not get the coronavirus vaccine, according to a new poll.

The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll reported that 46 percent of the unvaccinated said they will definitely not get the vaccine and 29 percent said they will probably not get the vaccine. 

Those who are most hesitant to get the coronavirus vaccine include white evangelicals, Republicans, rural Americans, young adults and those without college degrees. 

So the blissfully ignorant.  I’d guess a large proportion of these persons are grossly overweight (or even obese) so sadly many of them end up with the worst symptoms and in hospital.  

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7010e4.htm

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So the blissfully ignorant.  I’d guess a large proportion of these persons are grossly overweight (or even obese) so sadly many of them end up with the worst symptoms and in hospital.  

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7010e4.htm

I think I'd say willfully ignorant. The common thread there is distrust. When Tucker Carlson starts to sound reasonable you're in trouble. 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

46% won't.  29% probably won't.  65% of American adults have gotten at least 1 dose.  If the remaining 35% who haven't gotten a shot follow the polling numbers, that means the absolute best that can be achieved is around 84%.  The worst (if all the probably won't people don't) is around 74%.  

 

 

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/559122-poll-46-percent-of-unvaccinated-say-they-will-definitely-not-get-vaccine

Poll: 46 percent of unvaccinated say they will definitely not get vaccine

Can't fix stupid.  Just don't let any of those morons into civilized countries.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2021 at 8:38 AM, thedestroyerofworlds said:

 

From what I've gathered, they were only allowing people vaccinated with FDA approved vaccines (that means vaccines with emergency use authorization).  AstraZeneca, surprisingly, hasn't been FDA approved in the US.  I think that they haven't received FDA approval because of issues with their data for US approval.  

 

 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/astrazeneca-weighs-seeking-full-u-s-approval-for-covid-shot-skipping-emergency-use-application-11620423584

AstraZeneca Weighs Seeking Full U.S. Approval for Covid Shot, Skipping Emergency-Use Application

British drugmaker faces challenges gathering data; may wait to apply for full approval by the FDA, which takes longer

Yes, its an FDA thing.

 

Other shows are doing it too, live taping's of Jimmy Fallon and SNL according to the below article. 

But the Boss show has changed it's tune now.

 

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/06/19/coronavirus-covid-19-updates-toronto-canada-june-19.html

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

@erkayloomeh you're more in tune with this community - why are evangelicals in the US against getting vaccinated?

Because religious nuts always hate logic and science/engineering/ and medicine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Because religious nuts always hate logic and science/engineering/ and medicine. 

I'm curious if there's something more specific. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Less money for churches, and private jets? 

stop it, you're going to scare off erkay.

 

I'd like to know the specific thing going on there. My wife's mom has dementia, and one of her caregivers is evangelical and won't get the vaccine. Its obviously a big problem for us, but the hard part is she's the only caregiver that her mom really responds well to now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

stop it, you're going to scare off erkay.

 

I'd like to know the specific thing going on there. My wife's mom has dementia, and one of her caregivers is evangelical and won't get the vaccine. Its obviously a big problem for us, but the hard part is she's the only caregiver that her mom really responds well to now. 

Get her to always wear a mask even after it is not mandatory. Just cause we get vaccinated doesn't mean we CAN'T get Covid or still spread it, something I think people are overlooking. It should only majorly affect the Covidiots who haven't or won' get the shot, they will be the ones in the hospital but in your case its $&!#ty knowing that the caregiver won't get it!

 

Really wish we would push to make anti vacciners sign a document stating if they ever get Covid after NOT geting vaccinated you are liable for ALL medical expenses...That will either make this fools get the shot or go broke if we charge the same as the US does for hospital treatment. Hit them where it hurts the most, their bank accounts!!

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

@erkayloomeh you're more in tune with this community - why are evangelicals in the US against getting vaccinated?

 

Cause this guy told them so?

 

kenneth-copeland-blow-coronavirus.png?wi

 

That picture alone makes me want to get all my Pfizer leeched out of me, ASAP!

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Get her to always wear a mask even after it is not mandatory. Just cause we get vaccinated doesn't mean we CAN'T get Covid or still spread it, something I think people are overlooking. It should only majorly affect the Covidiots who haven't or won' get the shot, they will be the ones in the hospital but in your case its $&!#ty knowing that the caregiver won't get it!

 

Really wish we would push to make anti vacciners sign a document stating if they ever get Covid after NOT geting vaccinated you are liable for ALL medical expenses...That will either make this fools get the shot or go broke if we charge the same as the US does for hospital treatment. Hit them where it hurts the most, their bank accounts!!

its a tough situation, when this caregiver isn't there my wife's mom basically retreats into a fog, sleeps 23 1/2 hours per day. When she is there, she's responsive, eats properly, remembers people, etc. Just something about the person brings her back. 

 

We did get her mom vaccinated so thats at least in place. I'd just like to know what the hell is the issue, maybe we can find some sort of solution. 

 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Canorth said:

 

Cause this guy told them so?

 

kenneth-copeland-blow-coronavirus.png?wi

 

That picture alone makes me want to get all my Pfizer leeched out of me, ASAP!


Yikes! If someone was describing ol’ beelzebub hisself in human skin, this might be it.   :shock:

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4petesake said:


Yikes! If someone was describing ol’ beelzebub hisself in human skin, this might be it.   :shock:

Exactly what I was thinking..

 

I know evil when it's pointing it's gnarly little fingers at me.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its a tough situation, when this caregiver isn't there my wife's mom basically retreats into a fog, sleeps 23 1/2 hours per day. When she is there, she's responsive, eats properly, remembers people, etc. Just something about the person brings her back. 

 

We did get her mom vaccinated so thats at least in place. I'd just like to know what the hell is the issue, maybe we can find some sort of solution. 

 

If the mom is vaccinated then she’s safe, right?  Aren’t these vaccines pretty near 100% effective against serious Cov disease?

Its the non vaccinated who are at serious risk, no?   

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

@erkayloomeh you're more in tune with this community - why are evangelicals in the US against getting vaccinated?

There are those in the Christian community who are against vaccination ( the more vocal ones) 

And there are those who are not against it. (The ones you don't hear from)

In my community and the circles that I work and hang with that are not Christian have alot against it as well.!!!!!  I'm not sure why you think it's only Christians because clearly it's not. 

In those conversations that I have the general feeling that I get from those particular people (Christian or not) is that there is no trust anymore for our leaders.

With the end times beliefs and prophecies that are in the Bible alot of the preachers are teaching we are near the end. They have alot of the Christian community scared and thinking there is an evil motive behind absolutely everything. 

This is how it seems to me. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

There are those in the Christian community who are against vaccination ( the more vocal ones) 

And there are those who are not against it. (The ones you don't hear from)

In my community and the circles that I work and hang with that are not Christian have alot against it as well.!!!!!  I'm not sure why you think it's only Christians because clearly it's not. 

In those conversations that I have the general feeling that I get from those particular people (Christian or not) is that there is no trust anymore for our leaders.

With the end times beliefs and prophecies that are in the Bible alot of the preachers are teaching we are near the end. They have alot of the Christian community scared and thinking there is an evil motive behind absolutely everything. 

This is how it seems to me. 

Aren’t there something like 3000 different Christian church’s out there?  I’m thinking the vast majority of Christian churches encourage vaccination.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...