The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

did Aqua do that? if I'm being honest tho, if I were a billionaire guy with my own jet, I would have done that too. 

I don't know, just wondering would they wait like the rest of us, or would they just go to the US? 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't know, just wondering would they wait like the rest of us, or would they just go to the US? 

If he was going to the US on allowed travel for business anyway, he'd probably get it done on one of those trips. 

• Hydration 1
28 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If he was going to the US on allowed travel for business anyway, he'd probably get it done on one of those trips. 

Or just pay a $500 fine. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no its not. Thanks for the insight tho, I don't get the sense there's any room for talking the caregiver out of her position on it, particularly if she thinks she's fighting the good fight on some other issue. 

If I person is against getting the vaccine aren't they only putting themselves at risk but not others? 

So I don't understand why someone would be fired or prevented from travel or anything 

• Hydration 1
2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Or just pay a $500 fine. 

Dang that guy reminds me of the bar owner Sam in True Blood.

2nd dose update - arm is fricking sore lol but otherwise no other symptoms. Girlfriend got hers Thursday and had the same sore arm - we both described it as feeling like our arms were made of cement - was very difficult to lift them up. Must have been the microchip they injected us with :emot-parrot:

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
12 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

If I person is against getting the vaccine aren't they only putting themselves at risk but not others? 

So I don't understand why someone would be fired or prevented from travel or anything 

The vaccine isn't 100% effective.  So the more covid positive people you come in contact with, they greater chance you could get it.  If you never come into contact with a covid person, then you are safe.  Even if you have a weakened immune system and so forth.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2
25 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

no, in our case its a caregiver for a vulnerable parent. However, we know this and are struggling with what to do because she's the only person who seems capable of getting a good response out of my wife's mom, who has dementia. 

So the new thing I see flying around social media is a clip from skynews claiming that airlines won't let vaccinated people fly because of blood clot risks.  Theres not a single article out there that says this yet somehow skynews said this and its flying around.  And people I know are like "haha selfish people got the vaccine just so they could travel, what morons, they will be stuck at home forever"

Or the other one thats popping up a lot again about the spike proteins and how its going to make these people unhireable because companies won't want to risk their future medical expenses so un-vaxxed people will be more in demand.

Like comeon, do people who post this crap actually think before posting.  Don't believe in the vaccine, sure whatever I have no issues with that, everybody has the right to their own body and what they want or don't want in it, but stop spreading such outlandish lies.

GIF by Equipe de France de Football

• Hydration 3
14 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Infectious diseases don't just stop with you.  If you become infected, then you can/will pass it on to others you come in contact with.  As BCNeil said, these vaccines are not 100% effective so that could mean there is a chance of a vaccinated person also getting it.  It's all about limiting the spread through the population.  There are children and adults who cannot get vaccinated, so they are the ones who are need protection through herd immunity.   The more people who get vaccinated, the better protected we become. 

• Vintage 1
8 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Infectious diseases don't just stop with you.  If you become infected, then you can/will pass it on to others you come in contact with.  As BCNeil said, these vaccines are not 100% effective so that could mean there is a chance of a vaccinated person also getting it.  It's all about limiting the spread through the population.  There are children and adults who cannot get vaccinated, so they are the ones who are need protection through herd immunity.   The more people who get vaccinated, the better protected we become. 

Seems to me that many of the people who won’t get vaccinated are the same people clamouring for things to get back to normal yet do the least to help make it possible. It might be a little crude but “ass, gas or cash, nobody rides for free” applies here. Do the absolute bare minimum and get vaccinated.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
17 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Right move. 

What about SNL and Fallon?

They also don't allow half of @Jimmy McGill

Wonder why this Broadway show gets more press for not allowing AZ than those other two big live taping's?

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, gurn said:

Dang that guy reminds me of the bar owner Sam in True Blood.

Definite resemblance....

....you could also say that in a way, he turned into a dog....B)

• Haha 1