The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Just be careful doing that stink eye thing, I myself don't see an issue wearing a mask. But, I guess some folks think it's their god given rights to be in charge of themselves. The hell with everyone else.

I don't do it, I just find it hard not to after all these months.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Went into Radium today to the grocery store. The cashiers were wearing masks but myself and 2 others were the only ones in the store wearing masks. Store was full of tourists (Albertans). 

Yep. lots of Peacocking going on out there now that masks are not mandatory.

\

Had fun with an old ex-rcmp at the gym I go to. He's fully vaxxed and came up to me with a big smile. I haven't know him long, after he smiled and proclaimed "no mask!" ...I said "wow, that's what your face looks like? i would consider putting the mask back on"....we laughed.

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2021 at 6:40 AM, johngould21 said:

My wife and I went to Superstore in Coquitlam yesterday to pick up a few things. We were very pleasantly surprised that of all the shoppers and workers, we might have seen 5 unmasked folks inside and on the parking lot. Keep up the good work BC. I want to see how long I can go without getting a cold or flu this year. I'm getting close to 2 years now without getting either.

Try Costco in Poco its about 50/50

On 7/3/2021 at 7:21 AM, stawns said:

I'd say it's about 70/30 in Vernon, though I expect that change quickly.  I'm finding it difficult not give the stink eye to people not wearing them

I got the stink eye look from plenty of women last night.:lol:

19 hours ago, SNuck said:

Save-on: 90/10

Canadian Tire: 50/50

mask/no-mask. Fascinating to see the differences in locations. 

Both Freshco and Safeway were like 20/80 where I am.  Virtually no masks.  I would say maybe 50% of employees were wearing masks in those stores.

Edited by Russ
  • Cheers 1

On 7/2/2021 at 7:25 AM, Jaimito said:

Both of my siblings got Moderna after AZ.  No issues. They both said first shot AZ had a bit more reaction than the second Moderna.  

Aunt, uncle, wife and I got Moderna after AZ as well.  Pretty much if you got AZ as the 1st shot, you will get Moderna as the 2nd shot (provided you didn't go to a pharmacy to a second dose of AZ).

Thinking they are saving Pfizer for those who received them as a 1st shot and for the children (since Pfizer is still the only approved vaccine for children in Canada)

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Both Freshco and Safeway were like 20/80 where I am.  Virtually no masks.  I would say maybe 50% of employees were wearing masks in those stores.

dr. Bonnie says once vaccinated wearing a mask is optional.  Hopefully those who figure they don’t need this vaccine will not get Covid and end up on a ventilator in hospital.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

dr. Bonnie says once vaccinated wearing a mask is optional.  Hopefully those who figure they don’t need this vaccine will not get Covid and end up on a ventilator in hospital.  

where they will just use up critical resources, further delay other peoples surgeries, cost us needless millions in care costs. But hey, #freedums. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

… like this woman from Missouri.

A Missouri woman who refused to get a COVID-19 vaccine because she was afraid of its side effects died in hospital last month after contracting the Delta variant, her mother told local news outlets.

Tricia Jones, a 45-year-old mother of two from Kansas City, died on June 9 after a month in hospital on a ventilator.

Her mother, Deborah Carmichael, told local media that Jones was concerned about the vaccine after hearing "a lot of horror stories." 

48 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Tricia Jones, a 45-year-old mother of two from Kansas City, died on June 9 after a month in hospital on a ventilator.

With out a decent health plan her financial future was toast.

Here is a link to some of the costs

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15942342/

"Mean intensive care unit cost and length of stay were 31,574 +/- 42,570 dollars and 14.4 days +/- 15.8 for patients requiring mechanical ventilation"

Got my 2nd dose on Saturday.  Had my appointment for 845pm and was sitting around the house relaxing at 830 and had a "oh @#$&!, my appointment! " moment before bolting out of the house.  Seems they had a couple of the brands of vaccine on hand as they asked me what I had first and when I responded with Pfizer, they said that's what I'd be getting today.

No side-effects to report save for a very mildly sore and fatigued right arm.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Not sure if the point has been made on here or not, but the stress last weeks heat wave put on the health care system sure cemented the importance of the measures we took to ease the burden on health care system during the pandemic.  

Edited by Wilbur
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 7/2/2021 at 10:35 AM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Looking at that shot of the Rt.Hon. and his cloth mask, aside from the fact that it appears he's cleaned up all that facial hair, it reminded me of a more important question:

With the new public health orders making masks optional in indoor settings, does that mean that we may be dealing with people going for vaccinations here in BC with their faces unmasked?  Seems a bit premature to have lifted that part, and I hope that the vaccination centres make masking mandatory still.

I'm going for my second shot in about an hour here in Surrey. The instructions provided in the text I got were to wear a short sleeve shirt and a mask. My issue is that I just moved the other day, my condo is an absolute disaster scene and I seem to have misplaced the last mask I had left.

12 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I'm going for my second shot in about an hour here in Surrey. The instructions provided in the text I got were to wear a short sleeve shirt and a mask. My issue is that I just moved the other day, my condo is an absolute disaster scene and I seem to have misplaced the last mask I had left.

Don't they just provide you a new mask to put on anyways? I remember coming in with a mask and they told me to put on the new one they gave me. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Don't they just provide you a new mask to put on anyways? I remember coming in with a mask and they told me to put on the new one they gave me. 

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

If it's anything like Richmond (Kwantlen) during first shots, they'll probably have a stockpile of them available for you to use, and will insist you swap into theirs.

I had a higher filtration-efficiency mask on than the one they were providing, and was told I had to toss mine for theirs - I just wore it on top of mine, since theirs couldn't filter any better than mine anyways.  :P

(My wife does a good job sourcing highly effective masks from overseas ;))

I don't think that was the case for my first shot back on May 12. I'm pretty sure I just wore my own mask the whole time I was there, but that may have been because it was a drive-thru site.

• Cheers 1